blackpink sells 2.14 million+ pure in 2 days. atrl silent. why?

Dark Horse

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• MonsterNavy

• Dark Horse

• kawk

2 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

Is this realistic?

yes. preorders are in the millions overall. just ktown4u (kpop store for international fans outside korea) has them at 850,000k+

everyone foamed at taylor swift for selling 100k preorders of Midnights in her first day but when a kpop group shifts 300k+ $50 pure albums within 3 hours atrl remains silent :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

everyone foamed at taylor swift for selling 100k preorders of Midnights in her first day but when a kpop group shifts 300k+ $50 pure albums within 3 hours atrl remains silent :celestial5:

they CAN'T stand the fact that a kpop girl group are completely taking over in sales and in streams and embarrassing their aging flop MPGirlies :fan:

2 minutes ago, kawk said:

they CAN'T stand the fact that a kpop girl group are completely taking over in sales and in streams and embarrassing their aging flop MPGirlies :fan:

tea. this is the biggest pure selling album since Adele's 25 with records about to be broken everywhere and for a pop culture forum it's oddly crickets. :celestial5:

Edited by Dark Horse

Main pop girls :clap3: 

Biggest Girl Group in the world :clap3:

The album is amazing too. Deserving #s!

182404855_SHUTDOWN.thumb.gif.763fd6068e1

15 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Maybe because we don't care about them on here? Like sure, their fans are happy about this but someone who doesn't stan them has no reason to have any sort of reaction to this. Good for the girls, give them their money, but other than that, so what?

Because pure sales are not an indicator of mainstream success anymore, but of fanbase level of loyalty/obsession.

Just now, HeWolf said:

Because pure sales are not an indicator of mainstream success anymore, but of fanbase level of loyalty/obsession.

miss maam BLACKPINK has all the things a successful artist has

- pure sales

- streaming power both on youtube and spotify

- sold out shows around the world

- #1s 

etc etc

seethe!

Are you really stanning BP? stanning anyone that can compete with Taylor or are you just stanning success?
 Dark Horse

4 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

miss maam BLACKPINK has all the things a successful artist has

- pure sales

- streaming power both on youtube and spotify

- sold out shows around the world

- #1s 

etc etc

seethe!

I didnt say they are not successful

But this thread is specifically talking about the pure sales. Can't you read?

Not like I expect you to be an intelectual based on your music taste tho...I have to say.

21 minutes ago, kawk said:

And at the end of the day, they still sell less in total because everything is about first week 

Edited by Squall

18 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

I mean, not the best example since it all comes down to difference in musical landscapes between regions :rip: 

First week sales between the west and Kpop are very different and the biggest western act isn’t going to sell this many copies first week, but overall they will still demolish these numbers. It’s like how The Album outsold folklore initially but Folklore surpassed it and is far ahead now, because people are still heavily consuming it unlike most Kpop albums which are objectively frontloaded and carried by the fans/pure sales. Same thing will happen with Midnights and Born Pink.

Plus ATRL is a western centric pop music forum tbh what do you expect :deadbanana: I think things are changing though with lots of Kpop fans joining, so… but yeah these numbers are unfathomable and should be discussed more. If Kpop sales keep growing and they release another full album (whenever that may be :rip:) I wonder if they can clear 10M SPS with that one, obv not first week but overall eventually :lakitu: I believe they’re the only ones besides BTS who can.

1 minute ago, HeWolf said:

I didnt say they are not successful

But this thread is specifically talking about the pure sales. Can't you read?

Not like I expect you to be an intelectual based on your music taste tho...I have to say.

oh wow you snapped. sorry you're such an intellectual and has such great music taste ms pretentious atrl user!

23 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

tea. this is the biggest pure selling album since Adele's 25 with records about to be broken everywhere and for a pop culture forum it's oddly crickets. :celestial5:

Didn’t BTS do like 4M or something though?