Trailer for Whitney Houston biopic released

State of Grace.

Oh this looks good! I pressed play expecting it to be a shambles, but it looks like they have done Whitney justice. Will definitely be watching.

I wish they had gone with a different name though rather than I Wanna Dance With Somebody. They should have called it The Voice.

It doesn't look horrible? I wonder (and hope) they'll include her relationship with Robyn Crawford. It would be sad if they sanitized away her sexuality.

Still very intrigued to see it. I hope reviews are good. 

Nah, this ain't it. Won't be supporting this just like I didn't with Jennifer Hudson playing Aretha. 

Also, biopics are rarely ever done good for our Black legends, with the exception of Angela Bassett playing Tina Turner and Halle Berry as Dorothy Dandridge.

I don't know how to feel, Ackie looks NOTHING like Whitney (and yes, that matters because Whitney had THE LOOK) but it looks like she got her speaking voice down to some degree. But, also, this looks just like the standard paint by the numbers biopic and looks, wait for it, CHEAP.

i dont want to get caught up in any of the magic of it... but wow I respect them for seemingly going beyond the bodyguard in terms of eras. I'm very very excited 

well she got her speaking voice down but the rest looks a mess

18 minutes ago, JayRockafella said:

She sounds like her speaking wise but looks like Brandy :rip:

I thought she look like brandy too when watching the trailer :rip:

All those iconic looks! 

I couldn't care less, if she looks very similar to Whitney. Like Whitneys beauty was out of this world - good luck finding someone like that.  

It still looks really cheap and uninteresting to me. They should've used live-versions of the songs to keep the music scenes fresh.

i mean they have SA and the Oprah 2009 show. I'm ready to see how they do with it

ATP i dint care about the fact she doesnt look like Whitney- we knew that from the get-go. I'm hoping they just chose the best actress for the role and that they dont sugar coat anything they do decide to cover.

I didn't think anyone would surpass Yaya DaCosta's portrayal.. but Naomi Ackie just might! And we've got Miss Tamara Tunie, too?! Yas!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.