Jennifer Hudson puts Simon Cowell in the hot seat while debuting new talk show.

MadonnasBoyfriend

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Cute! I've always love JHud. Her own talk show makes sense and I hope it does as well as Kelly's show

All this

:clap3:

an egot legend :clap3:

The lack of expression on his face, that thing is tight :deadbanana2:

I'll be genuinely surprised if she breaks through and if she does, it'll be a huge thanks to Ellen's producing team - you can actually tell it's her old set so this is awkward. Daytime TV is brutal and the times are very different from Ellen's early 2000s and Wendy's late 2000s premiers. 

It takes more than a nice personality and and EGOT to last past two or three seasons. I don't see her breaking through like Kelly Clarkson or Tamron Hall, who both connect in their formats for entirely different reasons. This show unfortunately won't last more than two or three seasons, much like Queen Latifah's two attempts, and you bookmark me on that. 

On a side-note, I wish she's address plainly her defense of Bill Cosby for liking that post on Twitter before I can take her seriously as a talk show host covering likely heavier topics. I respect her art, however.

Also, I'm not sure how else to put this as it's a really delicate topic, but her speaking style slipping into AAVE quite often isn't going to translate outside urban markets if that's producers goal. You need white wine moms of 4 to survive Daytime TV unless you're specifically target demo'd with advertisers and markets like The Real for audiences of color. 

Having an EGOT and being media trained for movie interviews is not the same thing as translating cross-demos to be a proper talk-show host.

She's a bit too boring as a host. And she should be interviewing the guest rather than talking about herself.

Can we just appreciate her career progression since?

One of the most successful and arguably the most diverse career of any music reality show contestant.

MadonnasBoyfriend

8 comments in 9 hours.. I don't see this show lasting very long if this is any indication. Even Sherri Sheppard threads are poppin

I actually think she’s very charismatic as a host, although what I’ve seen isn’t great yet. Hopefully they’ll develop her more, because I feel like she has a real future with this. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.