SEAson FINale| Percy Jackson & The Olympians | Disney+

Chiidish

on ep 3, why is percy insufferable? stop complaining about every little thing girl omg :skull:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chiidish

• Lovett

• Almodusa

• cruelhprince

9 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Whoaaaaa MAJORRRRRR changes. I can live with it but imagine many people won’t. It’s a major shift, but unless you read the books you wouldn’t know or think it’s out of place. 

5 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Curious to see where exactly they’re going with the changes made in the final scene. :ninja:

I haven't read the books but I'm curious, what are the changes and how do you think this will impact the story? :ninja:

6 hours ago, Cocetti said:

I haven't read the books but I'm curious, what are the changes and how do you think this will impact the story? :ninja:

Spoiler

1. In the books, Percy does not miss the solstice deadline. This change probably just heightens the drama with him stopping the fighting after it’s started rather than simply preventing it.

2. The nereid only gives him 3 pearls in the book, rather than 4. This means he can’t save his mother using them. The change suggests that Poseidon actually cares about Percy, his friends, and his mom all surviving without any of them having to be sacrificed. That said, I expect Percy to be unable to save his mother with the pearl (and ultimately get her back the same way he does in the book). This change also makes it a bit more dramatic (if he does fail to save his mother) and also makes the gods seem a bit less callous (because it eliminates the need for a sacrifice). Of course, it’s also possible that they’ll change it so Percy does save his mom with the pearl, which would be a heroic moment suited to the medium, and perhaps have implications for the relationships between Percy, Sally, and Poseidon if all are aware that Posideon actively contributed to the rescue.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Achilles. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. In the books, Percy does not miss the solstice deadline. This change probably just heightens the drama with him stopping the fighting after it’s started rather than simply preventing it.

2. The nereid only gives him 3 pearls in the book, rather than 4. This means he can’t save his mother using them. The change suggests that Poseidon actually cares about Percy, his friends, and his mom all surviving without any of them having to be sacrificed. That said, I expect Percy to be unable to save his mother with the pearl (and ultimately get her back the same way he does in the book). This change also makes it a bit more dramatic (if he does fail to save his mother) and also makes the gods seem a bit less callous (because it eliminates the need for a sacrifice). Of course, it’s also possible that they’ll change it so Percy does save his mom with the pearl, which would be a heroic moment suited to the medium, and perhaps have implications for the relationships between Percy, Sally, and Poseidon if all are aware that Posideon actively contributed to the rescue.

Thank you so much for the info! :party:

19 hours ago, Achilles. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Perfect explanation and same thoughts that I have on the latter points likely conclusion.

Hmm thought this episode would be juicier. I haven’t read the books, only seen the movies - but I know the ending was definitely a change. Wonder how that plays out

The extra pearl just being to add drama. :laugh:

Dame Maggie Smith’s son as Poseidon!! The meta decision of casting an actor perhaps best known for Black Sails as the god of the sea! Loved the whole flashback scene between him and Sally.

I'm so hyped for the finale

The finale, oh I know they saved ALL the budget for it but I can’t believe they haven’t announced more season yet ughhhhh need the renewal ASAP

Also wish a decent amount of tiktok grifters would shut up :rip: the changes so far have mostly been to enhance the story or to work around the limitations of live action format/budget. Everything has been so enjoyable with this series I’m worried the main actors are gonna be massively too tall by the time filming is for the first 5 book seasons is complete :rip: they need to hurry it looks like Walker already had a growth spurt fr 

This is making me want to re-read the books, it's been over 10 years :jonny: Plus I never read the new one that came out.

Yall Zeus was EXCEPTIONAL

The way they redid the Luke scene

Spoiler

and had Annabeth there?????

Luke coming for BLOOD as soon as Hermes was mentioned he HATES that man omg

Percy talking back to Zeus oh I was scared for my life for him???? RIP to the actor playing Zeus he was incredible in every way.

That was good!!:jonny:

It had me in TEARS!:chick3:

The post credits scene!:giraffe:

Okay decent finale, definitely just a set up for season 2.

Wonder how this will fair at the Children’s Emmys

good finale, hope it's renewed

I give the first season a 75/100

Just started it and i- :rip:

I knew it was going to be childish but i didn't thought it would be like this. 

And god the bad acting :redface: it's unbearable. Especially Percy's. 

Hopefully it will get better cause im bored judging by the first two episodes 

Lance was so good as Zeus. Would’ve loved to see more of him in that role. 

I’m hoping we get that season 2 announcement this week 

• Thanks 1

Wild to think we still don't have s2 confirmed :deadbanana2:

I'll miss the trio. will be a long time before we seem them like this again :weeps:  

There's something wrong inside Disney+ or whoever oversees all the series cause how come this has the exact same problem of filler episodes, hollow ambience scenes, and slow-mo pacing with no suspense as all of the MCU series? This was supposed to be fun and adventurous but some episodes were... boring.

The Olympus being empty :skull:

The kids truly carried this show... not gonna lie, I still find cringy all of Riordan's concept (Greek mythology in America is just so...), but with the way this was hyped, particularly by the fans, and in the end being this kinda uneventful. It had its good moments, but they need to improve the writing and direction, the production and cast is there.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

WE WONNNNNNNN

Overall, much better than the movies (which are mostly out of my memory now) :clap3:Happy for Season 2

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.