• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chiidish

• Lovett

• Almodusa

• cruelhprince

Please this episode felt so short :deadbanana2: still loving this though even if at times it's a cheesy. 

DEVOURED THIS EPISODE 

Loved the casting for Medusa and Enchilada. 

I cackled when they started info dumping about Pan in the middle of the episode like it was already so short and they couldn’t come up with something better to do than start setting the stage for season 4? :laugh:

Feel like all of the monsters are being defeated / evaded far too easily. I get that they’re keeping the show kid-friendly, but that shouldn’t be such a limitation. The Potter series managed to be kid friendly but still made the troll, acromantulas, basilisk, etc genuinely formidable threats that the heroes actually had to struggle to defeat in battle scenes steeped in suspense, so idk why it’s such a weak spot here. 

5 hours ago, Achilles. said:

I cackled when they started info dumping about Pan in the middle of the episode like it was already so short and they couldn’t come up with something better to do than start setting the stage for season 4? :laugh:

They have no choice but to set it up now given book 1 & 2s content. Season 2 has to happen after all. 

5 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Feel like all of the monsters are being defeated / evaded far too easily. I get that they’re keeping the show kid-friendly, but that shouldn’t be such a limitation. The Potter series managed to be kid friendly but still made the troll, acromantulas, basilisk, etc genuinely formidable threats that the heroes actually had to struggle to defeat in battle scenes steeped in suspense, so idk why it’s such a weak spot here. 

Pretty much all the monsters/villains until Book 2 are episodic and even then this group faces a much larger cast of villains so many will come and go. Percy alone kills nearly 6,000 just by himself. No point gassing up every monster especially without the prophecy or the big bad villain not being revealed yet (which they have been setting up carefully with his dreams)

LOVED this episode. my favorite of the 4 so far

even though it was so short I feel like it had the best pacing out of the 4 eps so far as well.

the Chimera looked amazing and Echidna was really well cast

omg just saw that this came out :duca:  I had read all 10 books when I was younger (there are 11 now!?), was a huge fan but the movies were pretty disappointing and I hadn't really thought much about this series since. Just saw all the trailers and got so many flashbacks to scenes I remember from the books, need to find a way to watch this.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Chiidish said:

also the amount of Thalia lashings, let the girl live she can’t even fight back :bibliahh:

I haven’t watched the show yet but what was said about Miss Thalia? 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, orange22 said:

I haven’t watched the show yet but what was said about Miss Thalia? 

spacer.png

some lines from Percy being sassy as he learns about what happened to her.

and then some back and forth shade between Annabeth and Mrs. Dodds led to Thalia catching a stray in the discussion

13 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

omg just saw that this came out :duca:  I had read all 10 books when I was younger (there are 11 now!?), was a huge fan but the movies were pretty disappointing and I hadn't really thought much about this series since. Just saw all the trailers and got so many flashbacks to scenes I remember from the books, need to find a way to watch this.

I would say if you aren’t an avid book fan or just haven’t read the books in while, you might as well wait till the season is finished to binge. If you really want to watch it’s on Disney+. If you refuse to watch or pay for Disney+ cause of the boycott, many people are just waiting to pirate episodes. 

1 hour ago, Chiidish said:

I would say if you aren’t an avid book fan or just haven’t read the books in while, you might as well wait till the season is finished to binge. If you really want to watch it’s on Disney+. If you refuse to watch or pay for Disney+ cause of the boycott, many people are just waiting to pirate episodes. 

I have an IPTV and the first 3 episodes are already there when I search, just watched the 1st one, was great :clap3: 

The choices they made for TV actually worked sooooo well here even though lots was removed from the books 

Spoiler

Grover’s empathy being used to manipulate Ares, Annabeth getting development, Heaphastus showing mercy, Percabeth + date for next season set up + Ares starting stan twitter, Annabeth seeing the Fates instead of Percy. 

AND SEAWEED BRAIN MENTIONED

This is such an enjoyable show! I haven't read the books, but I'm surprisingly invested in each episode.

• Like 1

SEAWEED BRAIN AHHHHH :jonny5:

• Like 1

The Ares and Grover exchange was good. Were those real battles that Grover mentioned? Lemme research a bit. :ryan2:

No Aphrodite’s scarf to tease her interest in Percabeth?

I hope the Hephaestus TV reveal still comes at some point. It adds a sort of dark cynical Hunger Games-ish aspect to the series to know the gods use their children for entertainment like that. 

Hoover Dam is coming soon, right? I wonder how many dam jokes they can get away with on Disney+. 

This definitely picked up on episode 4, quality wise. The dialogue was cheesy and the acting was questionable, glad it got better.

I’ve really enjoyed it so far. As a fan of the books, the series is pretty much spot on and everything the movies wish they were. My only complaint is the actress that plays Annabeth, not because she’s black but because her acting is not good. It seems so rehearsed and forced, reminds me of Skai Jackson and her bad Disney Channel acting. The rest of the cast is great

Caught up with all 5 episodes and I really enjoy this show even tho it's cheesy at times! 

Fun fact: Logan Lerman from the previous installation became my first celeb crush back in 2010 :gaycat2:

Whoaaaaa MAJORRRRRR changes. I can live with it but imagine many people won’t. It’s a major shift, but unless you read the books you wouldn’t know or think it’s out of place. 

I didn’t care for Hermes simply telling Percy how much time had passed by. In the book, he’s perceptive enough to realize on his own when he catches on to all the young people wearing clothes from very different eras (not even Annabeth notices!). It’s kinda another instance of them dumbing down Percy / the plot. 

Curious to see where exactly they’re going with the changes made in the final scene. :ninja:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.