SEAson FINale| Percy Jackson & The Olympians | Disney+

Chiidish

Half Bloods let me hear ya scream :duca: This was so so so good. Casting for the trio could not have better. Ahh Rick the god that you are :jonny5: 

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chiidish

• Lovett

• Almodusa

• cruelhprince

This just checked all the boxes. I can finally heal from the trauma caused by the movies. :jonny:

• Like 1

The fact that Single Ladies was #1 when this kid was born. Where has time gone? :rip:

The fact that Walker is the age Jon Snow and Robb Stark were meant to be at the start of Game of Thrones. IMAGINE that show with age-correct casting. This little boy leading armies, commanding lords, marrying, getting Red Wedding’d. :rip:

I like the casting here, though—Walker and Glynn Turman, particularly, so far. But I’m not sure I’m sold on the show overall yet. It’s mostly an issue of the ridiculous pacing. There is way, way too little time spent establishing settings or exploring character dynamics. They should have done a 10 episode season so that we could really spend some time with everything. 

Percy’s scene in the forest making his offering and speaking to his mother was excellent, pretty easily the highlight so far. The flashback to being at the museum with Sally was good too. I love that he’s so defensive of his mother, like literally **** the gods I’m Sally Jackson’s son! Oh, and the bit with him in the forest waiting around goofing off was so in the spirit of the book’s humor. Really captured the character. :laugh:

Wasn’t there a whole fight with Mrs Dodds in the book? The scene was a bit anti-climactic. They cut the hellhound, too. I’ve read that they decided to cut Gabe’s abuse to be mindful of the young audience (not that that stopped them from showing a statue’s dick lol), but it makes me wonder if they’ll change his ending, too. They definitely didn’t make him seem awful enough to deserve what’s supposed to happen to him…

I don’t like that nobody knelt when Percy’s parentage was revealed. That display of respect for Poseidon’s acknowledgement is a pretty powerful signal to both Percy and the audience about the significance of being the son of Poseidon of all gods, so I wish it had been portrayed.  

The end scene where Chiron and Mr D tell him about the quest is interesting to me for what they decided to change. First, in the book Percy sees the Oracle before they talk about Hades. That the rest of the scene plays out in its entirety makes it seem as if they’ve cut the Oracle, but I’m sure they’ll start episode 3 with that—the prophecy is too important not to include. But the other interesting thing is that in the book, Percy guesses that Zeus and Poseidon have been fighting (“the weather has been like the sea and sky have been at war”) and that something was stolen (“Annabeth overheard something about it and told me”). It’s like they’ve made his character less perceptive by changing the writing so that the adults just explain it all to him. Percy is smart! Let him be!

Edited by Achilles.
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait for it to get renewed so i can watch..

Are we getting Will and Nico tho? Do we know? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Can't wait for it to get renewed so i can watch..

Are we getting Will and Nico tho? Do we know? 

As long as we make it to season 3 definitely Nico, but it’s there choice if they want to start introducing the audience to Will earlier 

22 hours ago, Achilles. said:

The fact that Single Ladies was #1 when this kid was born. Where has time gone? :rip:

The fact that Walker is the age Jon Snow and Robb Stark were meant to be at the start of Game of Thrones. IMAGINE that show with age-correct casting. This little boy leading armies, commanding lords, marrying, getting Red Wedding’d. :rip:

I like the casting here, though—Walker and Glynn Turman, particularly, so far. But I’m not sure I’m sold on the show overall yet. It’s mostly an issue of the ridiculous pacing. There is way, way too little time spent establishing settings or exploring character dynamics. They should have done a 10 episode season so that we could really spend some time with everything. 

Percy’s scene in the forest making his offering and speaking to his mother was excellent, pretty easily the highlight so far. The flashback to being at the museum with Sally was good too. I love that he’s so defensive of his mother, like literally **** the gods I’m Sally Jackson’s son! Oh, and the bit with him in the forest waiting around goofing off was so in the spirit of the book’s humor. Really captured the character. :laugh:

Wasn’t there a whole fight with Mrs Dodds in the book? The scene was a bit anti-climactic. They cut the hellhound, too. I’ve read that they decided to cut Gabe’s abuse to be mindful of the young audience (not that that stopped them from showing a statue’s dick lol), but it makes me wonder if they’ll change his ending, too. They definitely didn’t make him seem awful enough to deserve what’s supposed to happen to him…

I don’t like that nobody knelt when Percy’s parentage was revealed. That display of respect for Poseidon’s acknowledgement is a pretty powerful signal to both Percy and the audience about the significance of being the son of Poseidon of all gods, so I wish it had been portrayed.  

The end scene where Chiron and Mr D tell him about the quest is interesting to me for what they decided to change. First, in the book Percy sees the Oracle before they talk about Hades. That the rest of the scene plays out in its entirety makes it seem as if they’ve cut the Oracle, but I’m sure they’ll start episode 3 with that—the prophecy is too important not to include. But the other interesting thing is that in the book, Percy guesses that Zeus and Poseidon have been fighting (“the weather has been like the sea and sky have been at war”) and that something was stolen (“Annabeth overheard something about it and told me”). It’s like they’ve made his character less perceptive by changing the writing so that the adults just explain it all to him. Percy is smart! Let him be!

This is all pretty fair, I think a lot of these issues can be attributed to them wanting to get into the nitty gritty of the adventure as quickly as possible and flesh out the Percy Annabeth Grover dynamic as soon as possible especially since that’s gonna be a driver for season 2. 

I'm crying from sheer nostalgia. Not even 15 minutes into the first episode

• Like 1

I want to watch this for nostalgia purposes but idk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I want to watch this for nostalgia purposes but idk

If you want feel some nostalgia tingles this show provides it in spades. Everything is very careful to invoke the feelings from the first book while also balancing for TV (and likely trying to capture new audiences )

Hopefully this does well so they can really ramp things up for S2. The Sea of Monsters is one of the best books.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovett said:

:clap3:

PJO stans were FIENDING my gods:deadbanana4: let’s get season 2 and 3 greenlit

I’m getting too old. I read the books in middle school and loved them. I like the show but whew the amount of clichés. :rip: It seemed better when I was like 12. :bibliahh:

ep 3 was really good!! felt so short though :chick3: and next week's ep will be even shorter

Finished episode 3, they absolutely nailed the trio dynamic and the child actors are all doing so well. Motherdusa was soooo enthralling this episode too. I hope next episode we can pick up a decent amount of action, I’m sold on the characters now. Even Luke 

also the amount of Thalia lashings, let the girl live she can’t even fight back :bibliahh:

13 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

They need to somehow make it it HoO

WE NEED HAZEL, FRANK, PIPER, THE OTHER 2

giphy.thumb.gif.660e9bd72bb11f7040b8c69b

We NEEED it for the culture. Hazel, Leo, Frank, and Piper deserve :clap3:

no shade to Thalia’s half sibling but he will just never be Percy :ducky:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.