Europeans support sanctions against Russia despite energy crisis

Simondus

Great:clap3:Russian terrorists underestimated Europe's resolve:clap3:Recent poll numbers also show that the vast majority of Americans support backing Ukraine.  

Good! Regardless of what some people on this site and various other social medias would claim, a grand majority people do in fact think Russia is scum and started a war that did not need to happen. The Russian regime is no different than terrorists and they need to be pacified.

3 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

same thing in america unless you are russian asset 

Gas prices have plunged in the U.S., and the U.S. GDP is actually projected to grow substantially this year, so I don't see public support waning. A Reuters poll released in late August shows that 66% of Democrats and 51% of Republicans support sending arms to Ukraine for as long as it takes. Only 18% oppose sending aid to Ukraine. The only groups that are opposing sending aid to Ukraine are ultra-MAGA extremists, libertarians and far-left extremists. Far-left extremists have zero political power in the U.S. Every Democrat voted for the Lend-Lease Act for Ukraine, but MAGA extremists are a problem. We have to hope that the Democrats will somehow manage to the House this November. Although, even if the Rs win the House, the majority of Rs still voted for Ukraine-related bills.      

Russia might overtake the UK as the most hated European country by Europeans. :clap3:

Oh really? The gas prices are insane right now. Europeans are hypocrites like usual. They never boycotted countries like Israel.

In all honesty, I would be just fine if I never heard anything from Russians ever again.

Edited by ontherocks

Of course, europeans might be always bickering and fighting but if there's one thing that has united us is Eurovision and the hatred for Russia and Putin

1 hour ago, Oxy said:

Good, hopefully we the same energy with Israel next :clap3:

We should but unfortunately will never happen

55 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Russia might overtake the UK as the most hated European country by Europeans. :clap3:

Not an easy feat

Wow I’m shocked tbh. Good for Europe standing up against an unjust invasion.

I’m interested to see if this will change with the winter though? Will gas shortages happen, and if so, how much will they alter perceptions of this?

4 hours ago, Embustera said:

Oh really? The gas prices are insane right now. Europeans are hypocrites like usual. They never boycotted countries like Israel.

The obsession. 

31 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Wow I’m shocked tbh. Good for Europe standing up against an unjust invasion.

I’m interested to see if this will change with the winter though? Will gas shortages happen, and if so, how much will they alter perceptions of this?

Very unlikely, the storage is filled extremely high across Europe and there is a lot coming daily from Norway, USA and Netherlands already. There might be an economic hit due to high gas prices but people having to freeze is basically off the table. 

7 hours ago, XAMJ said:

same thing in america 

Polling actually shows that Ukraine is not a large priority to any voters in America - it ranges usually around 1%-2%.

Though it'd be silly to judge what Europeans feel based on what Americans feels. 

Europeans have the right to feel how they feel even if Americans don't feel any personal urgency or connection.

Despite some delusional users on this website (whose political musings remain anecdotes on a pop culture website rather than reflective of anything remotely tied to reality) trying to convince us otherwise, Europe and the Five Eyes countries are all firmly on Ukraine's side against Russia. Thank you for standing with Ukraine! :heart2: 

7 hours ago, ontherocks said:

In all honesty, I would be just fine if I never heard anything from Russians ever again.

Lowkey I feel like that was the problem for Putin that in the last few years Russia had become irrelevant. So he thought that let's make some headlines now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.