Any1 speaks Italian/from Italy?

Before Today

I wanna get a tattoo in Italian but I'm wondering what's the best translation for "I'll show you"? Is "ti mistrerò" awkward or perfectly fine?

18 minutes ago, justlore said:

Ti mostrerò or Ti farò vedere are perfectly fine.

Thank you. Is there any different nuance between the two? Which one is closest literally/by expression to "I'll show you"?

9 minutes ago, Beyonceist said:

Pizza mozzarella latte 

:dies:

--

Yeah ti mostrerò is fine

26 minutes ago, Before Today said:

Thank you. Is there any different nuance between the two? Which one is closest literally/by expression to "I'll show you"?

It depends on what do you mean with "I'll show you"?

if it's confrontational, like, you dare me and i'll show you my worth kind of nuance: "Ti farò vedere" is better

if it's like romantic as in "i'll show you the world" - "Ti mostrerò" is the correct one

33 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

It depends on what do you mean with "I'll show you"?

if it's confrontational, like, you dare me and i'll show you my worth kind of nuance: "Ti farò vedere" is better

if it's like romantic as in "i'll show you the world" - "Ti mostrerò" is the correct one

yeah pretty this.

50 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

@KillingYourCareer help this poor little guy

He should be quirky and get a tattoo in some Italian dialect instead. "Ta fo et me" is I'll show you in mine! Consider this, OP.

2 hours ago, Beyonceist said:

Pizza mozzarella latte 

:rip:

16 hours ago, Before Today said:

Just adding to what BOAZ wrote, the literal translation of "ti farò vedere" is "I'll make you see," hence the dare vibe if you use it in that context.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 12:40 PM, The7thStranger said:

Just adding to what BOAZ wrote, the literal translation of "ti farò vedere" is "I'll make you see," hence the dare vibe if you use it in that context.

Thank you. What about "time" or "it takes time"? I just wanna make sure it's not grammatically incorrect in Italian.

2 hours ago, Before Today said:

Thank you. What about "time" or "it takes time"? I just wanna make sure it's not grammatically incorrect in Italian.

Unless I’m mistaken (I’m not a native speaker), this would be “Ci vuole tempo.” You can also say “Ci vuole del tempo,” but I’m not 100% sure when you need the “del.” I think if you’re saying what it is that will take time. Can a native speaker confirm?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.