Woman claims white people shouldn't use gifs containing black people, do you agree?

ithinkheknowsoutsold

Is she right?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Also I don’t think this is just an “internet” thing, lol. I think black people as objects of humour and entertainment (devoid of humanity) has been going on for a long time, it’s just taken a new form with social media the last decade. As I mentioned before, the entire “my inner black women” trope with gay men who imitate stereotypes of black women, and black people in general just existing becoming memes. Like I will literally see a video of a black person just eating and people will turn it into a reaction video. It’s easy to say it’s “not that deep”, but do y’all really think it’s normal for a (let’s say) white person to have literally all of their online reactions, memes, and even vernacular inundated by black imagery? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Mr.Link

• BOOMBAYAH

• Fuecoco

25 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I’m black and I really don’t care.? people on the internet really do complain about anything. It’s a Gif, it’s not hurting anyone. Especially if it’s just a reaction or meme. 

I think in a way the internet helps bring races together by having people relating to memes and reaction content from other backgrounds. After all people use gifs to reflect their own emotional state at the moment, so in a way if a X person uses a Y person gif to express their feelings X person is basically implying that they consider themselves equal to Y in a way. 

I only use Mariah Carey gifs :sadviolin:

I guess I'll have to go back to Gretchen

It’s her going out of her way to use painfully unfunny white peoples reaction pics/gifs in the replies for me

In principle, yes it’s weird if you use them exclusively for everything. But a lot of iconic reaction gifs come from Black people. Imagine not being able to use Wendy, New York, or Nene as a reaction!

I barely use gifs so

It's not inherently wrong but it does come off as a bit unsettling when non-black people exclusively use GIFs of black people when trying to be "sassy" on the Internet. You can even see it on this site as well.

2 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

No and I hope her rent gets jacked up so she ends up homeless.

I love your profile pic. :loki:

OT: Woman is wrong.

ATRL teas when they bring up race when it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed

I literally have never a seen a single person EVER from MySpace days to TikTok use gifs exclusively of any one group. Does anyone have any examples of this behavior or is this ANOTHER made up, fake outrage, attention seeking situation?

No and that tweet has been deleted or hidden or whatever so she clearly realized what she said was dumb

EDIT: welp she looks like this

Rq9Rh8OV_400x400.jpg

cJXsIeA.jpg

Edited by KillingYourCareer

3 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

if you ONLY use gifs of black ppl and you're white its suspect......

she isnt wrong 

Basically this 

this girl needs to get off her high horse and touch some grass, it's just a gif ffs

6 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I2K0K7h.gif?noredirect

And that one gif of Indian woman washing her laptop in the sink and then dry it in the sun :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.