Poland asks Germany for reparations

Revolution

What are yall yelling at @Harrier about? 

Poland constantly tries to suppress the historical facts that they, in a significant way, contributed to the Holocaust either by aiding the Nazis or carrying pogroms themselves. They go after Jewish historians all the time.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-historians-under-attack-for-exploring-polands-role-in-the-holocaust

The fact that this is surprising to most of you is... alarming.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gui Blackout

• stevyy

• CakeLikeLG

• TomTom

16 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Poland constantly tries to suppress the historical facts that they, in a significant way, contributed to the Holocaust either by aiding the Nazis or carrying pogroms themselves. They go after Jewish historians all the time.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-historians-under-attack-for-exploring-polands-role-in-the-holocaust

Knowing this forum, I bet most people learned about the Holocaust from The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas :skull:

11 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

what does that have to do with reparations? literally over 5M poles were killed by nazi germany. Imagine blaming an occupied country. STFU

Polish partisans also supported Jewish resistance fighters, supplying them with arms, provisions, and information about the enemy.

1 hour ago, fabilicious said:

ignorant faggots like that should pay even more

Too bad that in 1953 poland agreed that no more reparations from Germany were necessary. Germany has stated many time before that all reparations were paid. 

Uneducated people like shouldn't speak on things they have absolutely no clue about. But go ahead and support the demands of a far right government.

Read a book.

44 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

Too bad that in 1953 poland agreed that no more reparations from Germany were necessary. Germany has stated many time before that all reparations were paid. 

Uneducated people like shouldn't speak on things they have absolutely no clue about. But go ahead and support the demands of a far right government.

Read a book.

Disgusting comment. Poland was not a free country in 1953

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Sis for once, try not being disingenuous.

Do you TRULY think that that's what people are taking issue with in that statement, especially when talking about reparations?????

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Thanks gorg, my comment was a bit smug but yes this is indeed what I'm referring to.

Poland tried to make discussion of this illegal for god's sake :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, CakeLikeLG said:

what does that have to do with reparations? literally over 5M poles were killed by nazi germany. Imagine blaming an occupied country. STFU

Polish partisans also supported Jewish resistance fighters, supplying them with arms, provisions, and information about the enemy.

And how many of those were Jews killed due to Polish assistance to the Nazis? It is now very much established that Polish gentiles who helped Jews were a small minority

51 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Sis for once, try not being disingenuous.

Do you TRULY think that that's what people are taking issue with in that statement, especially when talking about reparations?????

If Poland wants to re-open the past and to talk about reparations, they should also look at their own history as well and acknowledge it. 

29 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Thanks gorg, my comment was a bit smug but yes this is indeed what I'm referring to.

Poland tried to make discussion of this illegal for god's sake :deadbanana2:

Poland: "We want reparations for what Germany did to us on WW2!"

Jews: "Uhm, what about what YOU did to us during WW2?"

Poland: "omg you're still on about this, get over it, fake news anyway *blocked*"

2 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Imagine being this arrogant 

22 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

And how many of those were Jews killed due to Polish assistance to the Nazis? It is now very much established that Polish gentiles who helped Jews were a small minority

I wonder why??? but yeah let’s blame occupied country

While the German policy towards Jews was ruthless and criminal, their policy towards Christian Poles who helped Jews was very much the same. The Germans would often murder non-Jewish Poles for small misdemeanors. Execution for help rendered to Jews, even the most basic kinds, was automatic. In any apartment block or area where Jews were found to be harboured, everybody in the house would be immediately shot by the Germans. For this thousands of non-Jewish Poles were executed.[214]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

6 minutes ago, OhRly? said:

Imagine being this arrogant 

If pointing out basic facts of history, especially ones that are related to my history, makes "arrogant" then so be it.

2 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

Reparations won't happen (thank god) and Poland has no right for reparations from a generation that had nothing to do with this. 

We can learn from history and make sure that something like this never happens again but let's try living in the present and see this for what it is. 

They want to gain popularity and votes. Simple as this.

Edit: oh and over the years Poland has confirmed many times that no more reparations are required. 

Edited by XO_Life

4 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

but they signed treaties between 1950s-1970s with Germany about the Eastern-German territories. 

So, if those reparations-treaties don't count, then the others won't count as well... so hand over all Prussian territories and re-establish pre-war industries and properties there. thanks.

2 hours ago, XO_Life said:

Reparations won't happen (thank god) and Poland has no right for reparations from a generation that had nothing to do with this. 

We can learn from history and make sure that something like this never happens again but let's try living in the present and see this for what it is. 

They want to gain popularity and votes. Simple as this.

Edit: oh and over the years Poland has confirmed many times that no more reparations are required. 

true...in 1953, 1970 and 1990/91. If they call all of those treaties fraud, then so are the treaties about the Oder-Neisse border-line.

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Given Germany is currently facing blackouts this winter

Not true.

11 hours ago, rzal said:

pay up!

Never! 

5 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

And what excuse does Poland have for waiting 30+ years to raise this issue since it became a free country? Absolutely none!

Poland is not entitled to anything and they will never get anything, thankfully.

It's outrageous that PiS is seriously pushing for this to divert attention from their own problems.

8 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

How many years does germany use us as cheap workforce? pay up!

So Germany accepts Poland's EU membership, agrees to extend free movement to Eastern European (including Polish) citizens, hosts hundreds of thousands of Polish citizens inside its borders and pays the most into the EU budget of which no country receives more net benefits than Poland while the Polish government is simultaneously dismantling the rule of law in Poland and on a crusade against the LGBTQ community and Germany and you are seriously arguing that Germany is the one who should "pay up"? Absolutely insane.

47 minutes ago, stevyy said:

true...in 1953, 1970 and 1990/91. If they call all of those treaties fraud, then so are the treaties about the Oder-Neisse border-line.

Exactly!

i feel like i have to apologize for the other german faggots in here. all they get from thinking about german history is that they are the best in dealing with the past

19 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

That was due to the Soviet Union tho not Germany

21 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

If pointing out basic facts of history, especially ones that are related to my history, makes "arrogant" then so be it.

You can educate people without being arrogant

This forum has people from so many different countries, who were taught history in slightly different ways and with different levels of depth.

I am sure that other members of this forum are aware of significant historic facts that you are probably unaware of. And that is okay.

Educate, do not antagonize

15 hours ago, fabilicious said:

i feel like i have to apologize for the other german faggots in here. all they get from thinking about german history is that they are the best in dealing with the past

I believe it was the magazine "Zeit" which had a wonderful article about this topic in which they stated that reparations only have 2 functions: humiliation and revenge and that there is not a single case in our collective history when reparations led to anything good. 

I loved that article. 

Most articles say that Poland or the current government is only doing this NOW in order to win the next general election. I think that this is one of the most silly campaign ideas I've ever heard a party run on. The equivalent would be some far-right German party to ask for Polish territories back which once belonged to Prussia. Nobody in the GP other than ultra-far-right neo nazis would fall for that.

I cannot understand how the relationship between Poland and German could once again be so deteriorated in 2022 that 51% of all Polish citizens would support reparations of 1,300 billion dollars. 

It's like everything that was build after WW2 seems one soft whisper away from total collapse. 

Putin is currently re-arranging borders as he pleases and the EU and NATO members are currently dissolving 80 years of diplomating relations and treaties within their member states. 

I fear that this "long peace" (absence of war between the richest countries of the world) has only been a hoax. I hope I'm wrong. But growing resentments that are facilitated by individual governments are bringing about an edge that do not want to fall over.

is there an election coming soon in Poland? smells like a stunt to get nationalist votes because we all know it's not gonna happen 

lbaLa4e.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.