• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragonfly

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• RockStarShit101

Takes place in 870 and you play as Basim from Valhalla. It’s apparently very much inspired by AC 1. 

I enjoy the new rpg open world gameplay too. I just feel like I got bored of them quicker then old AC games. Like I can play black flag or AC2 for several hours at a time. But I get bored easy with the last few games! I’m excited to see how they update the old outdated button smashing combat from back in the day. Also hope they fix the Abstergo mess of a story and make it make sense again and cool again. But I do hope they keep the rpg style. ?honestly I’m gonna compete it anyways so I’m not too worried 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Finally the original gameplay!

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I enjoy the new rpg open world gameplay too. I just feel like I got bored of them quicker then old AC games. Like I can play black flag or AC2 for several hours at a time. But I get bored easy with the last few games! I’m excited to see how they update the old outdated button smashing combat from back in the day. Also hope they fix the Abstergo mess of a story and make it make sense again and cool again. But I do hope they keep the rpg style. ?honestly I’m gonna compete it anyways so I’m not too worried 

My problem seems to be halfway through, you have levelled up to be powerful enough to clear almost all your remaining quests, and then after that you're stuck wondering what to do. You have to find new quests which is either going to be super easy because it's stuff you missed earlier and you're basically so powerful now that it will be piece of cake to complete therefore feels like a waste of time..... or later quests suddenly have a big spike in difficulty that suddenly you're stuck dying a million times trying to progress forward with enemies who are way more scary and intimidating than what you faced before.

That's basically why I only half finished AC Origins and barely even made a dent in Odyssey.

I actually joined the series through Odyssey so this will be my first experience with the classic style of the games. :matty:

1 minute ago, Flawfree said:

My problem seems to be halfway through, you have levelled up to be powerful enough to clear almost all your remaining quests, and then after that you're stuck wondering what to do. You have to find new quests which is either going to be super easy because it's stuff you missed earlier and you're basically so powerful now that it will be piece of cake to complete therefore feels like a waste of time..... or later quests suddenly have a big spike in difficulty that suddenly you're stuck dying a million times trying to progress forward with enemies who are way more scary and intimidating than what you faced before.

That's basically why I only half finished AC Origins and barely even made a dent in Odyssey.

Yeah I get what you mean. 

Origins and Odyssey are my favourite games

But the series really needs a palete cleanser

Origins and Odyssey were fantastic and I never hated the rpg open world gameplay mechanics, Valhalla was terrible however and I do miss some of the OG aspects so this is fantastic news 

1 hour ago, EtherealCat said:

so when you assassinate people will they actually die? 

Was already fixed in Valhalla alongside other problems (lvls, equipment, combat) :)

Favorite AC games are the stealthy grounded games, hated the open rpg games as well as the pirates simulator games. 

A return to the basics of the series will be nice. Origins and Odyssey were fantastic but Valhalla was utter crap. 

Not thrilled that Basim is the main character as I didn't like him in Valhalla (though all the characters are terrible sooo). But maybe he'll be better here.

8 hours ago, Jotham said:

I actually joined the series through Odyssey so this will be my first experience with the classic style of the games. :matty:

Same, was hoping for another open world set in ancient Japan or South America tbh but I'll still be playing 

• ATRL Moderator

I stopped playing this series after AC4 so I'm excited to go back to basics. :-* 

(I hope they drop the stupid animus storyline though. It was cute when it was sequential with Desmond. But it's been a slog since AC3.)

3 hours ago, BODERLINE said:

A return to the basics of the series will be nice. Origins and Odyssey were fantastic but Valhalla was utter crap. 

Not thrilled that Basim is the main character as I didn't like him in Valhalla (though all the characters are terrible sooo). But maybe he'll be better here.

Thank you! Valhalla was literal trash after the masterpiece that was Odyssey. 

1 hour ago, makeme said:

Thank you! Valhalla was literal trash after the masterpiece that was Odyssey. 

I still can't believe they went from the insane amount of build customization in Odyssey to Valhalla where there's zero customization and every single stat in the game is literally useless :rip: 

The downgrade from Odyssey to Valhalla overall is insane. Story, quests, armor/weapon systems, responsiveness, characters. Literally everything took a nosedive :rip: 

I am glad, I am not the only one who disliked Valhalla and preferred Odyssey over it. Odyssey and Origins were both on another level at least for me, and Basim is not a character I liked or would like to play as. Surprised that I am not actually excited for this one.

Removing the side missions from Valhalla was one of the things I disliked the most, turning it into world events was not as exciting. Some side missions had good storylines in both Origins and Odyssey. 

3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Officially announced :duca:

I'm perched to see what they do with it :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.