• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• SchmoodRing

I personally really liked this :clap3:Nothing groundbreaking but still well done and very enjoyable. J Lo was great tbh. I have not seen her in such a full action movie like this and she served badass mother. One of the better Netflix movies. I watched it with several people, and they all loved it too. Mrs Affleck got a hit with this one 

I can’t believe she is getting Oscar buzz for this role. Hope she gets the nomination this time. 

10 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

#1 on Peacock

#1 on Prime

#1 on Netflix now

Queen of streaming !

Biggest Netflix debut of the year (so far) :clap3::gaylocat1:

2 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

I can’t believe she is getting Oscar buzz for this role. Hope she gets the nomination this time. 

Although he performance is praised, she’s not getting Oscar buzz and saying that as a stan

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

Biggest Netflix debut of the year (so far) :clap3::gaylocat1:

Although he performance is praised, she’s not getting Oscar buzz and saying that as a stan

she has the biggest opening for prime with SW and now for netflix ! Queen !

8 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

she has the biggest opening for prime with SW and now for netflix ! Queen !

J.Legend :gaylocat1::clap3:

On 5/15/2023 at 11:25 AM, AbeHicks said:

It's interesting that it's #1 in so many countries yet only #380 on the IMDB popularity charts. Maybe people are just not rating it much. Although with the 5.6 score it doesn't seem to be resonating very well with audiences. The top user reviews are all dragging the movie. And I'm just surprised by that because isn't this the one she wanted to make for years and years? You'd think the script would have been stronger.

Very nice update, just 3 days later it's now #9 on the IMDB popularity chart and has 15K ratings, which is very good. The problem is, the rating is 5.5, a lot of people did not seem to enjoy it.

On 5/16/2023 at 11:54 PM, Sexyzinger said:

oh mason gooding jr we don't deserve you my fluid kings and king of fluids lol

On 5/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, AbeHicks said:

Very nice update, just 3 days later it's now #9 on the IMDB popularity chart and has 15K ratings, which is very good. The problem is, the rating is 5.5, a lot of people did not seem to enjoy it.

whatever they still saw it lol this was a standard action flick but new territory for jen after not been in the genre since technically enough

she and the girl who played her daughter had really good chemistry. glad that this was a hit for jlo! now give us the damn album already

#1 on Netflix worldwide for the second week in a row!

After just 10 days in its "first 28 days" window, The Mother has been watched over 177 million hours. As of this writing, the #10 movie of All-Time on Netflix is Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, which was watched 214.57 million hours in its first four weeks. Given how things typically shake out for Netflix releases, The Mother will likely see a dip of 50%, maybe even as low as 40%. When we see the week 3 numbers, The Mother will likely have been watched around 224 million hours, catapulting it above two titles at least. 

By the time The Mother ends its "first 28 days" it looks like the movie could be in the 250 million hours streamed range. Should it clear that number, the movie will become the #5 most-watched movie of All-Time on Netflix, beating out movies like The Gray Man and The Adam Project (and sadly pushing The Irishman out of the Top 10 entirely).

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/jennifer-lopez-the-mother-netflix-all-time-top-10-movies/

Behind the scenes:

It was actually entertaining :clap3: i liked it.. 

This is a kill bill plot but idc 

Jen did a great job

Give her that Oscar already!

On 5/25/2023 at 12:04 AM, insomniac said:

#1 on Netflix worldwide for the second week in a row!

After just 10 days in its "first 28 days" window, The Mother has been watched over 177 million hours. As of this writing, the #10 movie of All-Time on Netflix is Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, which was watched 214.57 million hours in its first four weeks. Given how things typically shake out for Netflix releases, The Mother will likely see a dip of 50%, maybe even as low as 40%. When we see the week 3 numbers, The Mother will likely have been watched around 224 million hours, catapulting it above two titles at least. 

By the time The Mother ends its "first 28 days" it looks like the movie could be in the 250 million hours streamed range. Should it clear that number, the movie will become the #5 most-watched movie of All-Time on Netflix, beating out movies like The Gray Man and The Adam Project (and sadly pushing The Irishman out of the Top 10 entirely).

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/jennifer-lopez-the-mother-netflix-all-time-top-10-movies/

Behind the scenes:

yes jennifer, no scorsese! 

• Haha 1

Loved this! Her best 2020s film by far! And a nice refreshing genre in her filmography after a long time!

• Like 1

Also I was watching this film for the first time today, so I helped give J.Lo her longevity :clap3:

On 5/27/2023 at 9:59 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Also I was watching this film for the first time today, so I helped give J.Lo her longevity :clap3:

Yay!

#1 worldwide third week in a row.

This movie is now the 11th most watched film on Netflix of all time, so far.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:36 PM, insomniac said:

Yay!

#1 worldwide third week in a row.

This movie is now the 11th most watched film on Netflix of all time, so far.

Tomorrow top 10 !!

• Like 1

Martin Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ Kicked off Netflix’s Top 10 by J.Lo’s ‘The Mother’ https://trib.al/IZZGTKH

https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/1666159355815657507?s=46

‘The Mother’ Enters Netflix’s All Time Most Popular Film List; ‘Queen Charlotte’ Finishes Below Threshold For TV https://bit.ly/461lByq

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1666161143885500417?s=46

:gaylocat1::clap3: J.Legend!!

spacer.png

#8 most watched on Netflix of all time. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is getting a sequel, although I hope she doesn’t accept it. Want her to focus on better projects.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:08 PM, Dabbyy said:

Tomorrow top 10 !!

It’s at 8 :clap3:

Starboys23

Shes still shes still jenny from the block. #GetRight

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Watched this a couple days ago and enjoyed it! Always happy to see Jennifer winning :clap3:

• Thanks 1

It'll end at #6.

Now chase acclaim again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.