Worst and best performances of VMA's - NY Post

Chemist

Worst: Blackpink

Doing “Pink Venom” — from their upcoming second album “Born Pink,” due Sept. 16 — the K-pop girl group underwhelmed in their debut performance on a US awards show. It was bad enough that many in the audience — both in the Prudential Center and around the country watching — probably didn’t know the song, but the stiff, lifeless performance failed to establish the group as a live force to be reckoned with on the VMAs stage.

Best: Jack Harlow, Fergie and Lizzo

Best: Nicki Minaj

It took almost an hour for co-host Nicki Minaj to show up to the VMAs stage. But when she did, the 39-year-old Queens MC made a show-stopping statement that proved why she — haters be damned — was worthy of this year’s Video Vanguard Award. A pink-haired Minaj owned the candy-coated set to the delight of her legion of Barbies in a medley that veered from her killer verse on Kanye West’s “Monster” to solo hits “Beez in the Trap,” “Moment 4 Life,” “Super Bass” and “Anaconda” that showcased her range of styles and flows. At the end of a mini-set that proved why she is one of the best female rappers of all time, she was even to be excused for some obvious lip-syncing during her current No. 1 hit “Super Freaky Girl.”

Worst: Eminem and Snoop Dogg

Best: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best: Bad Bunny

https://nypost.com/2022/08/29/vmas-202

2-best-worst-performances-from-blackpink-to-nicki-minaj/

I hope Blinks will give the author of the article HELL for spewing this kind of bullsh*t :skull:

a single member of BP has more energy in her left pinkie than Nicki Minaj in her whole body

I had no idea Eminem and Snoop performed this year. After looking it up.....I know why 

bippy-bipdoof.gif

Anitta slayed. Should've be listed with the "best" ones.

Edited by Selegend

:bibliahh: Lisa alone has more talent when it comes to performance in her little pinkie than Miss Minaj has in her whole body. Also Fergie sounded atrocious 

Not surprised tho this auther has shown micro aggressions towards asian artists before multipe times

I just watched the Pink Venom performance and there is no reality where this was a bad performance but Nicki in the horrendous outfit waddling around on stage was one of the best. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Rino said:

I hope Blinks will give the author of the article HELL for spewing this kind of bullsh*t :skull:

a single member of BP has more energy in her left pinkie than Nicki Minaj in her whole body

drop a tear

They were right about BP tho

somehow Nicki's struggles were more entertaining to watch than robots dancing to an awful song from AI generator

Qmdf9RX.gif

BP's performance was bad, though. It felt like they were phoning it in.

But saying Nicki's performance was one of the best when she was even worse, is hilarious.

They're right about BP being stiff.

I seriously don't get the hype around Lisa's dancing skills. She's stiff, awkward leg/foot work but she knows how to project + great stage presence.

Edited by charot

Nicki  killed it — also according to USA Today

https://twitter.com/doliver8/status/1564230274564636673

proving once again the difference between a real rapper who can spit rhymes on stage, as opposed to a industry robot who can't even string together one coherent sentence outside the confines of a studio.

Not Nicki’s lifeless and breath taking performance (for her, not the audience) getting listed as best while they criticize blackpink 

:rip:

:bibliahh: the queen always WINS. ATRL is too caught up in their own fantasy world where they thinking their opinions of her are the general consensus 

Edited by KKW

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

Doing “Pink Venom” — from their upcoming second album “Born Pink,” due Sept. 16 — the K-pop girl group underwhelmed in their debut performance on a US awards show. It was bad enough that many in the audience — both in the Prudential Center and around the country watching — probably didn’t know the song, but the stiff, lifeless performance failed to establish the group as a live force to be reckoned with on the VMAs stage.

it wasn't that bad :rip:

:zzz:

well at least we know they are not buying positive reviews, organic queens :clap3:

22 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

BP's performance was bad, though. It felt like they were phoning it in.

But saying Nicki's performance was one of the best when she was even worse, is hilarious.

I agree. I feel like Blackpink's performance are very hit or miss for me. In some, they kill it. In others, they really don't. I think Jisoo was the standout for me in that performance and vocals were the best.

Edited by Gladiator

Wth, BP ATE. :rip: :rip: 

1 hour ago, WeFoundWill said:

:bibliahh: Lisa alone has more talent when it comes to performance in her little pinkie than Miss Minaj has in her whole body. Also Fergie sounded atrocious 

Not surprised tho this auther has shown micro aggressions towards asian artists before multipe times

SEETHE :heart2:

• ATRL Moderator

I actually feel kind of bad that the Little Pedz have to rely on a review from the NY Post to "prove" their fave was good :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.