Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

The way she looked so Speak Now era tonight, my fave pre-folklore album (and it’s still her second best album) absolutely won :jonny5:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

drop LH video and remixes early january.

after it goes #1, announce gratitude and SNTV rerelease, dropping right before the tour starts.

perform at grammys.

Edited by fridayteenage

8 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

and nothing??? :deadvision:

8 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

so nothing? she just turned up to collect her awards?

She is just there to collect the ATW award, just like the EMAs; she is obsessed about the Oscars campaigning :dies:

Pretty big drops for everyone on spotify today. Seems like the holiday season has officially started

11 minutes ago, Squall said:

She is just there to collect the ATW award, just like the EMAs; she is obsessed about the Oscars campaigning :dies:

if i hear the names of those two ATW video actors again... 

Yeah, everyone had massive drops today before you guys meltdown (I know this won’t stop it but I can try right?)

For comparison, As It Was which is a gigantic mega-smash and has been around and obviously stabilized fully, dropped 15% (2% more than Anti-Hero today). If AH, a newer song gaining more streams as of right now, dropped less percentage-size than a proven smash with longevity like AIW, then it’s fine. Unholy dropped 16%. 

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Can we just get rid of Christmas please

I’ve been trying to do this for a decade and a half now… 

ugh maroon and karma knocked out of the us spotify top 10 by that holiday

The Speak Now hair indicates that the rerecording is right around the corner, but I want Midnight Rain to have it's single run beforehand :chick3:.

last year sunday before thanksgiving:

#25 all i want 565k

#36 jingle bell rock 474k

annoying how it keeps getting bigger each year.

I really hope they don't cut Midnights short because of the re-recordings (or at least too short, because it's seems clear that Speak Now TV is coming fast). 

Anyway, it's not like things are really clear since 2020. She released folklore, then evermore, then procedeed to promote folklore again and release Fearless TV right after. She just released Midnights, 3 days later she was teasing Speak Now with the Bejeweled MV, and is currently campagning for All Too Well. Everything is so intertwined. 

EDIT: I just want to add that it is exhausting to see people complaining about her campagning for All Too Well. This song is absolute perfection, and it looks like it also is her favorite song. I'm glad she is giving it the spotlight it deserves, she'll make it the classic that it deserves to be. 

Edited by Klein

She should drop her next proper album in spring/early summer. :gaycat6:

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas… all these back-to-back holidays in such a short period of time have made Q4 lowkey a terrible time to release new albums, because their streams never stabilize. A spring release would be unobstructed for months on end.

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas… all these back-to-back holidays in such a short period of time have made Q4 lowkey a terrible time to release new albums, because their streams never stabilize. A spring release would be unobstructed for months on end.

Yea fall/winter releases used to be great as a physical seller but they’re absolute hell as a streaming artist :rip: 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Dead at the total :toofunny2:

She signed a contract with Lucifer at the age of 15, and no I’m not talking about Scott Borchetta :gaycat6: Cause ain’t no way that the number 13 shows up in her life that many times unprovoked 

16 minutes ago, Klein said:

I really hope they don't cut Midnights short because of the re-recordings (or at least too short, because it's seems clear that Speak Now TV is coming fast). 

Anyway, it's not like things are really clear since 2020. She released folklore, then evermore, then procedeed to promote folklore again and release Fearless TV right after. She just released Midnights, 3 days later she was teasing Speak Now with the Bejeweled MV, and is currently campagning for All Too Well. Everything is so intertwined. 

EDIT: I just want to add that it is exhausting to see people complaining about her campagning for All Too Well. This song is absolute perfection, and it looks like it also is her favorite song. I'm glad she is giving it the spotlight it deserves, she'll make it the classic that it deserves to be. 

She won’t be making it a classic by going to screenings. She won’t win an Oscar with it but well, good luck to her anyway :rip:

25 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

The Speak Now hair indicates that the rerecording is right around the corner, but I want Midnight Rain to have it's single run beforehand :chick3:.

What’s up with fan theories it could be announced on dec 2nd?

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Can we just get rid of Christmas please

58 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Yes to both of these. She’ll be fine and recover in 2023 but it’s not the best time anymore to release albums, unfortunately. I miss back in the digital era when the holiday season actually boosted albums for those who could sell, Taylor being the prime example. It boosted her singles too, remember the Christmas sales weeks of Blank Space/IKYWT, and 1989/Red? This is the only thing I really hate about streaming, otherwise I find it more fun to track her streams and all the info we have available now as opposed to before…

Maybe we need TS11 in Spring 2024 or Spring 2025, depending on what works best with her schedule. She’d dominate for months on end if the next album has a similar success to Midnights. And if she has another hit on her hands next album… well, it’d probably stomp on Anti-Hero (which is already still a genuine smash hit). 

42 minutes ago, Aiya said:

What’s up with fan theories it could be announced on dec 2nd?

That date was teased in the Bejeweled MV if I’m not mistaken… but that’s too early imo. Anything’s possible with her though.

Ideally… I’d really like her to intertwine Midnights era with the TVs/tour. Push Lavender Haze in January and Karma with the tour in March/April, with maybe Midnight Rain as a mid summer single. She can still release SNTV in the Spring and send Enchanted to the top, because that won’t stick around as it’s an old song, and it won’t impact the Midnights era. 

She could drop 1989 TV in the late summer/fall of 2023, with a proper pop single from the vault pushed with it. Midnights era would’ve already run its course single-wise by then, and with the goodwill she might have with Pop radio and audience in general, she could get another hit from that. 

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:redface::redface:

Does anyone know if the tour made exactly 1BN how much of that would Taylor get?

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:redface::redface:

"To put it another way: if Taylor Swift was a country and its economy was solely based on ticket sales, it would be the 199th largest economy on earth, equivalent to a small Caribbean nation."

The Eras Tour coming to buy Jamaica.