Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

14 minutes ago, applestar said:

the people who are saying this album is good are swifties who have force fed the album to themselves 20+ times

The only songs that are listenable/interesting on first listen are Midnight Rain & Lavender Haze, and these don't even compare to the rest of her discography

This is a bad lie. Some of us vocally liked it from one play. I get you hate it (you’ve said so about a hundred times) but we can at least admit there’s people on both sides here.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Just now, Chanel4 said:

She's done the same thing to many women she admires.

She's a lesbian with a humiliation kink 

Question..  :rip:

After Folklore and Evermore she knew she had to release something mid to mix it up, how cute.

GRETCHEN.gif

So i combined everyone's 17 rankings from page 1235-1237 and here are the results. I'll add the later submissions later, if i feel like it.

Btw any ties were auto decided by how your chart placed them. 

ATRL's Early MIDnights ranking

oBN2ARY.png

Rank Song
1 Maroon 62
2 Anti-Hero 87
3 Lavender Haze 90
4 Midnight Rain 96
5 Snow On The Beach 103
6 Karma 112
7 You're On Your Own, Kid 124
8 Bejeweled 126
9 Labyrinth 126
10 Mastermind 133
11 Question...? 154
12 Vigilante **** 162
13 Sweet Nothing 173

9 minutes ago, meredithbenson said:

All the switchers try to rationalize their switching by saying the album grew on them ???

that’s not trying to rationalize, that’s.. literally just how listening to new music works :rip: imagine forming an opinion on an album after one listen and never being allowed to change it or else you’re ‘switching’

in any case, i wish it would switch for me! still mediocre

Not everyone ranking the tracks when the album is out tomorrow :deadbanana4:

Since I don't want to spoil myself can someone tell me what is the "general" sound of the album is it something more pop? country ? Also give me the best track of the album so I can know, tomorrow, if you are tasteless :gaycat5:

Can someone genuinely explain the "sexy baby" line to me? Is she genuinely talking about a toddler?

Just now, Klein said:

Or maybe, just maybe, people can have different opinions than you? :isudumblmao: I swear to god... 

:lakitu: i mean, swifties are going to naturally have more positive opinions on the album, so i wouldn't trust their word on the overall sound

so far, swifties have been saying to non-leak listeners:

• MIDnights is better than loser and puta, which it definitely isn't ("Cruel Summer", "False God", "RFI?", "IDSB", "Dress", "SIG", "KOMH" much better than everything on MIDnights)
  • this is a super poppy album, which it definitely isn't. It's like a very chilled pop album

A lot of people on twt who haven't listened to the album are expecting this to be 1989 pt. 2 and an amazing album (based on leak reactions and her own team's marketing), when honestly, this album barely edges out her debut

i'll wait for gp reactions to the "sexy baby" song and the fact that there are no stadium hits on this album :biblio: 

Vigilante **** 

She can't be serious. What is this? I couldnt even finish it :dies:

3 minutes ago, Chanel4 said:

She's done the same thing to many women she admires.

I know, I'm just a Lana stan and let myself be deluded into thinking it might be different :rip:

1 minute ago, Emperor said:

Since I don't want to spoil myself can someone tell me what is the "general" sound of the album is it something more pop? country ? Also give me the best track of the album so I can know, tomorrow, if you are tasteless :gaycat5:

It is pure pop. The best and most quintessentially Taylor song is Maroon. 

How can y'all even give an opinion on an album with such low quality? :rip: yea I'm waiting for tonight thx

1 minute ago, Emperor said:

The album is like a soundtrack to Forever21’s legacy :giraffe: It sounds like the perfect mall music! 

Just now, Siberian Siren said:

Can someone genuinely explain the "sexy baby" line to me? Is she genuinely talking about a toddler?

No. “Baby” has various casual uses - this is akin to someone referring to a partner or someone they find attractive as “sexy baby.”

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

that’s not trying to rationalize, that’s.. literally just how listening to new music works :rip: imagine forming an opinion on an album after one listen and never being allowed to change it or else you’re ‘switching’

in any case, i wish it would switch for me! still mediocre

The album isn’t even officially out and you’ve already experienced growth with time?

GRETCHEN.gif

Just now, Dephira said:

It is pure pop. The best and most quintessentially Taylor song is Maroon. 

Ty and I just saw the ranking recap from @Magickarp, it seems like the majority agree 

Now time to leave this thread before I get spoiled too much 

3 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

So i combined everyone's 17 rankings from page 1235-1237 and here are the results. I'll add the later submissions later, if i feel like it.

oBN2ARY.png

Rank Song
1 Maroon 62
2 Anti-Hero 87
3 Lavender Haze 90
4 Midnight Rain 96
5 Snow On The Beach 103
6 Karma 112
6 You're On Your Own, Kid 124
8 Bejeweled 126
9 Labyrinth 126
10 Mastermind 133
11 Question...? 154
12 Vigilante **** 162
13 Sweet Nothing 173

Interesting, overall not too bad of a ranking i guess 
Im one of the few Vigilante **** stans here but i knew it would be panned
But how is MIDnight Turd #4, the intro alone makes me wanna puke 

oBN2ARY.png

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

No. “Baby” has various casual uses - this is akin to someone referring to a partner or someone they find attractive as “sexy baby.”

Then why is the lyric “a sexy baby.” That’s not how that pet name works.

GRETCHEN.gif

24 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Does this get better? Cause I'm listening it for the first time and.... :deadbanana:

maybe 1 song will grow on u
pC3NZZU.gif

The way I switched on this album! It's definitely a grower. Midnight Rain, YOYOK, and Mastermind have me dancing and crying :jonny:

5 minutes ago, Emperor said:

I would say it's more country than anything, but really a mix of genres.

6 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

oBN2ARY.png

Rank Song
1 Maroon 62
2 Anti-Hero 87
3 Lavender Haze 90
4 Midnight Rain 96
5 Snow On The Beach 103
6 Karma 112
7 You're On Your Own, Kid 124
8 Bejeweled 126
9 Labyrinth 126
10 Mastermind 133
11 Question...? 154
12 Vigilante **** 162
13 Sweet Nothing 173

The very clear #1 :clap3:

I'm trying to convince myself she was being self aware with the cringey lyrics in Anti-Hero but knowing her, she def thinks she served poetry :deadbanana2: