Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

There's nothing about the lead single that will make fans not pre-order her album. Did we forget about ME!th already?

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

5 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Cover and title got me SO excited.

Then I saw song titles (some are coming off like trying too hard to he artistic and interesting) and alternative versions and eh. So boring feels like Folklore/Evermore all over again? Phoebe really????? Also I dont like how shes constantly trying to overexplain the music and add meaning like let the music speak for itself. Not everything is supposed to be a tryhard poetic moment. Ill wait for the first single to judge. I just hope she HAS FUN AGAIN for once bc last few albums have been a snore in that regard, despite their strengths in other ways. I need more risk and fun from this album, it’s gonna be her 10th album…… 

What song titles are you talking about???? & umm This is likely to be a more pop leaning album as the average song time is about 3:23??  And Phoebe isn’t confirmed or even rumored to be a part of this project? Did you read a fake Reddit post or something :deadbanana: 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

42 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

No you’re totally right, so many people I know who just liked Blank Space and Wildest Dreams before and dragged her during Kimye-gate are now diehard Swifties/the theorist kind :deadbanana4: It’s honestly bizarre because it felt like she was becoming more niche during Rep/Lover but after Folkmore and Red TV (and I think a general greater bleeding over of stan culture into regular pop culture), the GP is more invested in her than ever before.

Right :deadbanana: Some of my friends went from never listening to her to being fans, which was surprising in itself, while others went from being fans to texting me theories from Reddit and Twitter daily :deadbanana: 

4 minutes ago, By the Water said:

There's nothing about the lead single that will make fans not pre-order her album. Did we forget about ME!th already?

:redface: me remembering hating me! but still pre-ordering and not shutting the **** up about the album the whole rollout

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:

Wait omg pls tell me those song titles were fake YAYYYY it was on twitter and SO CRINGE like folklore like titles

:ahh: it's going to be a very long two months

I have hope again for this album. I truly hope it’s more of an upbeat synth pop revival. Folklore is my fav album by her BUT i  need something new and risky. Folklore worked so well bc it was so new and risky. 

2 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Wait omg pls tell me those song titles were fake YAYYYY it was on twitter and SO CRINGE like folklore like titles

Yeah until Taylor posts about it don’t believe anything anyone says, people are trying to spread rumors and fake news about this album and I’d rather just let her confirm song titles, producers, the genre, co-writers, etc. :rip: We don’t know a single title or collaborator for the album yet!

If all some of you want is dumb fun pop music there are so many other artists to go to instead of trying to make her artistically regress ?

I’m getting Fleetwood Mac from the photos. If I had to predict I would say this album’s sound might be harder to pin down into a genre than others (but could be her best for that reason). Like 1989 and Lover are clearly “pop”. Folklore and Evermore are clearly “indie”. I feel like Midnights will be… 70s-ish singer-songwriter rock but with potential light electronic or grittier undertones. The Christine McVeigh of it all, yes gawd.

4 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

If all some of you want is dumb fun pop music there are so many other artists to go to instead of trying to make her artistically regress ?

They don't hit the same :redface: no one can do iconic eras / themes like miss swift

Y'all are too creative with these ideal genres. When has Taylor been a genre-blending artistic pioneer? Her country was basic. Her pop was basic. Even folklore and evermore were not the first steps into a new frontier everyone thought it was. it was actuall quite basic somber pop music. 

These dream pop, grunge, dark pop, synthwave, altnerative rock, psychedelic rock ideals are just so unneccessary and annoying. 

I just don't want you all to be disappointed. I am going into Midnights with as little expectation as possible. 

Edited by Jazz

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Y'all are too creative with these ideal genres. When has Taylor been a genre-blending artistic pioneer? Her country was basic. Her pop was basic. Even folklore and evermore were not the first steps into a new frontier everyone thought it was. it was actuall quite basic somber pop music. 

These dream pop, grunge, dark pop, synthwave, altnerative rock, psychedelic rock ideals are just so unneccessary and annoying. 

I just don't want you all to be disappointed. I am going into Midnights with as little expectation as possible. 

let people dream

1 minute ago, Shendelzare said:

let people dream

i should

OP: I want it to be like The Story Of Us, Enchanted, and DBTAC. I think it'll be like that, too.  

3 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Even folklore and evermore were not the first steps into a new frontier everyone thought it was. it was actuall quite basic somber pop music. 

This just isn’t true ddd. You’re actually the one making broad assumptions here. Those two albums host a variety of sounds. Do you really think Exile, August, Betty, Willow, Gold Rush, No Body No Crime and Closure sound anything like each other? “Somber pop music” is basic Sam Smith and Christina Perri fluff. There’s a reason why Taylor has 3 AOTY Grammys and they don’t. 

7 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Let a ***** be delusional? :hey:

This reads like a meltdown babes

I mean, mirrorball and epiphany pretty much are dream pop. Grunge is a stretch, sure. So It Goes and DWOHT are pretty dark pop imo. Synthwave would be new but it’s plausible. Alt rock is pretty much just folklore with more percussion.

Psychedelic rock is probably the furthest stretch but as someone else said… we can dream. :gaycat2:

1 minute ago, Beyonnaise said:

This just isn’t true ddd. You’re actually the one making broad assumptions here. Those two albums host a variety of sounds. Do you really think Exile, August, Betty, Willow, Gold Rush, No Body No Crime and Closure sound anything like each other? “Somber pop music” is basic Sam Smith and Christina Perri fluff. There’s a reason why Taylor has 3 AOTY Grammys and they don’t. 

Yeah I never said that every track on folkmore sounds like each other, I just disagreed with the claim that these music critics & journalists have saying it was this this Ray Of Light. I love Taylor & the two forest albums are among my favorites, my criticism comes from a deep place of love for Taylor. Therefore, I don't think that she pioneered any new genres or made a deep cultural wave. There is no big wave of folk music topping charts, unlike good 4 u & pop punk.