Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

4 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I strongly think the opposite… half the base wants folklore #3, half the base want big brash pop, and half the base want something new (yes the queen of 3 halves). She knows she can’t please everyone. 

If she releases a lead and it’s not the genre someone wants, that might demotivate them to preorder all variants etc.

It’s just kinda wild that we’ve gone from wanting big pre-eras since albums are usually dead not that long after release week to wanting Taylor to give us nothing out of fear she might lose 5 sales ? the swifties will buy whatever it is

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

I honestly can’t imagine a particularly high percentage of the audience being casual fans at this point. Her hardcore fan base seems to have grown SO much since folklore came out :rip: 

Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like more people will be there in hopes of screaming along to All Too Well and Champagne Problems and Cruel Summer than the 1989 singles at this point :rip:

There will always be rich locals to buy scalped (or expensive by default) tix and look confused for 70% of the performance when you're as big as Taylor is :redface:

We better get performances of ALL evermore songs at some point, even if it’s through the rotating slot. I’ll never forgive Her for not doing Evermore Long Pond.

I need to hear Right Where You Left Me live at least once before I die 

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

It’s just kinda wild that we’ve gone from wanting big pre-eras since albums are usually dead not that long after release week to wanting Taylor to give us nothing out of fear she might lose 5 sales ? the swifties will buy whatever it is

I think a single would help with sales tbh.

I'm MANIFESTING darkpop but if she has other plans, i'd rather not be surprised with something i don't want in 2 months, i'd much rather have a single to adjust expectations, grow on me, and get me ready for midnights before release :kitty:

2 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

There will always be rich locals to buy scalped (or expensive by default) tix and look confused for 70% of the performance when you're as big as Taylor is :redface:

The elderly couple next to me at Engima saying they “were so excited to see Ally perform!!!” teas :coffee:

3 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

I think a single would help with sales tbh.

I'm MANIFESTING darkpop but if she has other plans, i'd rather not be surprised with something i don't want in 2 months, i'd much rather have a single to adjust expectations, grow on me, and get me ready for midnights before release :kitty:

I feel like your two responses counter each other. 

You think sales would increase - but by your own volition if it’s not something you want, you would need time to adjust to prepare for the full album.  So you’re saying in the time it takes you to digest a song you didn’t really want, you’re going to go out of your way to drop a couple hundred dollars on 4 variants across multiple formats? I just don’t see it. Yes the mega swifties like us and the Twitter delulus of course, but that’s not happening for the less obsessed ones who just like to collect and snap a photo for a Taylor nation notice

24 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I feel like your two responses counter each other. 

You think sales would increase - but by your own volition if it’s not something you want, you would need time to adjust to prepare for the full album.  So you’re saying in the time it takes you to digest a song you didn’t really want, you’re going to go out of your way to drop a couple hundred dollars on 4 variants across multiple formats? I just don’t see it. Yes the mega swifties like us and the Twitter delulus of course, but that’s not happening for the less obsessed ones who just like to collect and snap a photo for a Taylor nation notice

I'll only need one week to adjust and get back to stanning. Then i'll return to pouring my song money into taylorswift.com for the same music but in a new colour.

Why do you all think she’s touring? Get your clown wigs out! 

1 minute ago, pokerfaceboy said:

Because they cant clown about which re-recording is next, or if TS10 is next anymore. So it’s basically tour clowning or puta vs loser - the same as the base thread

:cm:

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

Because they cant clown about which re-recording is next, or if TS10 is next anymore. So it’s basically tour clowning or puta vs loser - the same as the base thread

And the answer is Luvah >>>>>>>>> floputation

7 minutes ago, pokerfaceboy said:

It's better than making up fake titles and tracklists for two months or fake instrumental snippets :redface:

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

I honestly can’t imagine a particularly high percentage of the audience being casual fans at this point. Her hardcore fan base seems to have grown SO much since folklore came out :rip: 

Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like more people will be there in hopes of screaming along to All Too Well and Cruel Summer than the 1989 singles at this point :rip:

No you’re totally right, so many people I know who just liked Blank Space and Wildest Dreams before and dragged her during Kimye-gate are now diehard Swifties/the theorist kind :deadbanana4: It’s honestly bizarre because it felt like she was becoming more niche during Rep/Lover but after Folkmore and Red TV (and I think a general greater bleeding over of stan culture into regular pop culture), the GP is more invested in her than ever before.

Edited by Beyonnaise

2 hours ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

she N-E-E-D-S to do two shows per city, one for pop songs and one for alternative songs

Midnight Lover Stadium Word Tour +

A short vegas residency for folkmore

She’s not touring and not performing her biggest hits. :rip:

OT: I was gonna say I don’t see her surprise dropping a song tonight without a prior announcement, but now that the era is “Midnights” there’s always a chance something is coming…at midnight. :toofunny3:

7 hours ago, PopA911 said:

avisa-me se souberes please :heart: good luck! 

Claro que sim, sem problema ?

25 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

20 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

It's better than making up fake titles and tracklists for two months or fake instrumental snippets :redface:

True!

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I was gonna say I don’t see her surprise dropping a song tonight without a prior announcement, but now that the era is “Midnights” there’s always a chance something is coming…at midnight. :toofunny3:

She has us in a GRIP

20 minutes ago, 1989 said:

She’s not touring and not performing her biggest hits. :rip:

OT: I was gonna say I don’t see her surprise dropping a song tonight without a prior announcement, but now that the era is “Midnights” there’s always a chance something is coming…at midnight. :toofunny3:

Every midnight for the next two months is going to give me anxiety, but especially Thursday nights :rip:

Cover and title got me SO excited.

Then I saw song titles (some are coming off like trying too hard to he artistic and interesting) and alternative versions and eh. So boring feels like Folklore/Evermore all over again? Phoebe really????? Also I dont like how shes constantly trying to overexplain the music and add meaning like let the music speak for itself. Not everything is supposed to be a tryhard poetic moment. Ill wait for the first single to judge. I just hope she HAS FUN AGAIN for once bc last few albums have been a snore in that regard, despite their strengths in other ways. I need more risk and fun from this album, it’s gonna be her 10th album…… 

33 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

Midnight Lover Stadium Word Tour +

A short vegas residency for folkmore

Folklore and Vegas? Maybe if vegas was in middle of an empty corn field sweetie the vibes arent matching