Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

Imagine the locals coming along with their kids just for the encore to be a 10 min long song :ahh:

Locals usually leave before an encore anyways, to beat the traffic. ATW10 is a closer is a perfect gift for the die hard fans. 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Locals usually leave before an encore anyways, to beat the traffic. ATW10 is a closer is a perfect gift for the die hard fans. 

i-

i had no idea people actually do this :redface: i'm one of those people who won't stay for the credits at the movies for an extra 30 seconds where its just a cheap joke but for ENTIRE SONGS after all the travel and the costs of tickets why are people like this nnn

Since we’re talking about a future tour setlist I would love her to replace the surprise song segment with a “folklore and evermore” segment. Every night she would sing a random folklore and evermore and by the end of the tour we would’ve heard every song of those 2 albums live since they aren’t really stadium tour friendly. 

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Ha next tour will literally be a hunger games tea

It's going to be so bad actually I'm fearing. If you weren't a fan during 2016 you should be automatically disqualified from buying tickets :michael:

19 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Tbh I think SIO and BS are kinda played out. Love Story & YBWM too. But she can do what she did for rep (with LS/YBWM/Style) and mash most of her hits into one 3 minute performance. 

I have to agree. I'd rather see folklovermore songs more than seeing the same old songs she's always performed. Cruel Summer and august live will be mass collapses :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Since we’re talking about a future tour setlist I would love her to replace the surprise song segment with a “folklore and evermore” segment. Every night she would sing a random folklore and evermore and by the end of the tour we would’ve heard every song of those 2 albums live since they aren’t really stadium tour friendly. 

I would love this too actually. 

Side note but she always performs 2 songs then gives her opening speech, and the reason I predict Style as track 3 of the tour is because I know her cheesy self is gonna say

Thank you all for coming … I know there’s a lot of other things you could be doing tonight [style’s bass riff starts] …. But you came to see me sing songs from my newest album. A little album called… [smirks] Midnights. [track starts]

MIDNIGHT 

you come and pick me up no headlights” :rip:

9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Oop I love both albums but this is a spill

Spoiler

Bathroom break for the soccer mom SIO / ME! crowd 

Edited by Delusional

11 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

the way i love this but maybe just evermore segment bc some folklore songs deserve a place on the standard setlist imo :surfsup:

6 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Side note but she always performs 2 songs then gives her opening speech, and the reason I predict Style as track 3 of the tour is because I know her cheesy self is gonna say

Thank you all for coming … I know there’s a lot of other things you could be doing tonight [style’s bass riff starts] …. But you came to see me sing songs from my newest album. A little album called… [smirks] Midnights. [track starts]

MIDNIGHT 

:rip:

I don’t care about the tour at all beyond her just touring to her actual demand. Let’s break the damn record already, ma’am!

1 hour ago, MrDog said:

With every day I'm more and more convinced that the tracks really don't have titles, just these silly numbers "Track One",  "Track Two" :dancehall2:

It's gonna ruin her discography :doc:

For the thousandth of time: obviously the tracks will have names!!!!!!!!

The fact that in planning a setlist for her, on top of her past hits and the four studio albums and two sets of new tracks from the TVs since her last tour, there’s also songs that have gone viral in the time since like Enchanted and Don’t Blame Me which would also fit the criteria of recognizability among a lot of locals :skull:

I feel like she’ll just not sing anything pre-Lover, maybe Blank Space, then sprinkle in oldies and fan favorites in the surprise song slot like she has before.

34 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

MIDNIGHT 

I can see her cringey *ss doing this :bibliahh:

she may just play old song with new re-recorded pre-tape, I don't see Europe leg without blank space or shake it off

for real, the next tout a musts are 

love story (bc of tik tok)
i knew you were trouble
shake it off
blank space
cardigan
willow

very strong choices

look what you made me do
you need to calm down

that's already like half of setlist

55 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

MIDNIGHT 

you forgot to include *arm out to side* *hand on hip* *arm reaches out and pans across the crowd* 

well the only song she needs to perform from Loser is Cruel Summer, so that covers that.:supaspaz:

plus a handful from the folkmore eras and the rest can be from Midnights.:giraffe:

And vault tracks and legacy songs can be the surprises she does every show.:giraffe:

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

The lead (if there is one) will most likely drop next week.

The countdown for the alternative vinyl and CD versions ends on Wednesday, so she can make the single announcement on midnight Sept. 8 and release the song 24 hours later on Sept. 9...

4C66247E-52F4-4B70-BF1B-5310DDF71BDA.thu

Wouldn’t the lead single tonight just get more people hyped and rush to her store? Literally if we just knew what sound to expect I think I could hold off till release day but alas :gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Wouldn’t the lead single tonight just get more people hyped and rush to her store? Literally if we just knew what sound to expect I think I could hold off till release day but alas :gaycat6:

I just don’t see her completely surprise dropping a lead single :gaycat6: 

Folklore and evermore both were announced a few hours prior, so I think she’d definitely want to announce that a new song is coming first.

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I strongly think the opposite… half the base wants folklore #3, half the base want big brash pop, and half the base want something new (yes the queen of 3 halves). She knows she can’t please everyone. 

If she releases a lead and it’s not the genre someone wants, that might demotivate them to preorder all variants etc.

1 hour ago, skyupsahl said:

Imagine the locals coming along with their kids just for the encore to be a 10 min long song :ahh:

I honestly can’t imagine a particularly high percentage of the audience being casual fans at this point. Her hardcore fan base seems to have grown SO much since folklore came out :rip: 

Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like more people will be there in hopes of screaming along to All Too Well and Cruel Summer than the 1989 singles at this point :rip: