Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

Bad Bunny only including Taylor in his insta post from last night. Collab and break Spotify, you cowards!

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

43 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

The caption. :rip:

her sense of humor is just dddd :dies:

ugh and I'd love to see Lorde there too :chick1:

3 hours ago, mael said:

If She removed: 

IFTYE

The Man

The Archer

ME!ss

YNTCD

Daylight’s monologue 

:giraffe:

What a perfect list. I would add more had I known she was still capable as we’ve seen with Midnights.

5 hours ago, Dephira said:

High Infidelity kind of one of her best songs of all time 

5 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

The wooing in the last minute of the song is my favourite moment on the album

She was channeling her Americana roots. :jonnycat:

Truly an album highlight along with Glitch, and WCS.

12 minutes ago, Squall said:

Yeah, Taylor & Bad Bunny need to collab

a rep vault track :gaycatina1:

I'm happy Taylor's still the only women to win AOTY 3 times. The evil is defeated. Now let's hope the Grammys give her SOTY/ROTY for Anti-Hero next year. 

4 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah this is totally what's going to happen, last night confirmed it to me. They were right next to each other and there was no interaction. In the video of Taylor and SZA talking, Olivia is sitting like two feet away just staring straight ahead silently while her assistant is on her phone :dies: 

She has no other PR narrative going into her sophomore era, because she's off Disney Channel and nobody cares about the nobodies she's dated since Joshua. I've been predicting that she'll have a song called "Don't Meet Your Heroes" about the Deja Vu writing credits drama to stir up the TikTok rumor mill and generate hype. All the OTHs will lap it up. Since people don't care about facts, it will still serve the purpose of creating the appearance of a feud and they will say Taylor is desperate for feuding with a teen. It'll be a messy and Taylor won't say anything publicly about it, while Olivia does the Swiftian thing of not naming names (her Bad Blood if you will.) But it could be just a flash in the pan controversy and backfire on Olivia. If you're trying to get out of the shadow of the biggest artist in the world, crafting your sophomore era's narrative around her is probably the dumbest thing you could do for your long term career. But who knows, I guess we'll see what happens.

The way I'd immediately drop/unstan Olivia in this scenario tho :gaycat6:

If you guys were Taylor, knowing inside your a nice girl and also the Music Industry, would you stand up, walk from table to table and take pics with your peers? Serious question. :deadbanana:

I can’t believe we don’t have a Kendrick and Future interaction throughout the GRAMMY night. Their table were far from each other too.

4 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah this is totally what's going to happen, last night confirmed it to me. They were right next to each other and there was no interaction. In the video of Taylor and SZA talking, Olivia is sitting like two feet away just staring straight ahead silently while her assistant is on her phone :dies: 

She has no other PR narrative going into her sophomore era, because she's off Disney Channel and nobody cares about the nobodies she's dated since Joshua. I've been predicting that she'll have a song called "Don't Meet Your Heroes" about the Deja Vu writing credits drama to stir up the TikTok rumor mill and generate hype. All the OTHs will lap it up. Since people don't care about facts, it will still serve the purpose of creating the appearance of a feud and they will say Taylor is desperate for feuding with a teen. It'll be a messy and Taylor won't say anything publicly about it, while Olivia does the Swiftian thing of not naming names (her Bad Blood if you will.) But it could be just a flash in the pan controversy and backfire on Olivia. If you're trying to get out of the shadow of the biggest artist in the world, crafting your sophomore era's narrative around her is probably the dumbest thing you could do for your long term career. But who knows, I guess we'll see what happens.

The Cruel Summer credits was unjust though. Olivia professionally asked for New Year’s Day interpolation, JxTxA all inserted themselves based on what? An interview of Olivia saying “like Cruel Summer”?

They are seasoned industry musicians with a catalogue of their own, they could’ve let it pass.

28 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The Cruel Summer credits was unjust though. Olivia professionally asked for New Year’s Day interpolation, JxTxA all inserted themselves based on what? An interview of Olivia saying “like Cruel Summer”?

They are seasoned industry musicians with a catalogue of their own, they could’ve let it pass.

I don't know how those things work, if any of them personally requested for credits it's a bad look in my opinion. It was Olivia's first album and there's no need to do that specially after the Good 4 U/Misery Business controversy. It could be a label thing, though, I don't know if there is any kind of reliable info about this.

40 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I don't know how those things work, if any of them personally requested for credits it's a bad look in my opinion. It was Olivia's first album and there's no need to do that specially after the Good 4 U/Misery Business controversy. It could be a label thing, though, I don't know if there is any kind of reliable info about this.

The only thing we know is that Jack said all of them were surprised by the credit and didn’t know. People have been trying to frame it as a “Taylor personally went after Olivia” thing but it was most likely just Olivia’s team playing it safe with how the Paramore thing had just been blown out of proportion :rip: 

Speaking of Jack and Cruel Summer, I’m glad they didn’t try to make a Pt. 4 for Midnights (OOTW - GC - CS being pts 1/2/3) :giraffe:

2 hours ago, Squall said:

Yeah, Taylor & Bad Bunny need to collab

We need that willow reggaeton remix

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

The only thing we know is that Jack said all of them were surprised by the credit and didn’t know. People have been trying to frame it as a “Taylor personally went after Olivia” thing but it was most likely just Olivia’s team playing it safe with how the Paramore thing had just been blown out of proportion :rip: 

This. And I swear I also saw something somewhere about Jack getting new publishers or someone buying out his old company and they're the ones that demanded the credits. Not 100% sure though. :rip:

I have to confess something.

I want Jack and Taylor to end up together romantically. :celestial6:

6 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think they are having an affair ngl

Harry's House and Renaissance seem to be the grammy winners in terms of streaming boost. Looking at Apple Music.

Not much, if anything, for Taylor

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Jack is more like Ed Sheeran to Taylor. It’s not gonna happen.

I had a feeling before that if ME! just smashed, Taylor and Brendon Urie probably broke up with their partners and end up together. Their chemistry is insane.

littlebodybigheart
2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Speaking of Jack and Cruel Summer, I’m glad they didn’t try to make a Pt. 4 for Midnights (OOTW - GC - CS being pts 1/2/3) :giraffe:

and august was #4!

1 hour ago, dussel_06 said:

Jack is more like Ed Sheeran to Taylor. It’s not gonna happen.

I had a feeling before that if ME! just smashed, Taylor and Brendon Urie probably broke up with their partners and end up together. Their chemistry is insane.

Their relationship would have been just as rotten as the song they produced :skull: 

8 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

FoSkQaZXoAI4R53?format=jpg&name=900x900

It is, and more people should say it

the live bbc version is still one of the best things she's done 

A few months out, the only non skips in any scenario:

Lavender Haze

Midnight Rain

Pop perfection I fear.

957892978_ATRLAvi.thumb.gif.770e6f0e4a30

Olivia should've been forthright from the beginning and gave Taylor and co the writing credit since Deja vu so blatantly copied the bridge melody of cruel summer :giraffe:.

Spoiler

She's lucky Taylor did not demand writing credits for Traitor since it copied Dear John too :deadbanana4:.

Spoiler

There's an other song on her album that is very heavily inspired by Begin Again :hoetenks:, I forgot what it is though.

Spoiler

She should focus on making her sophomore sound original unlike sour which sounded like a tribute to Taylor and Paramore instead of chasing media narratives this early in her career.

Spoiler

:giraffe: