Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

I enjoy Lover (alburm) but if she wanted an LGBTQIA+ colorful camp themed era she really should have aimed for a Shania Twain Come on Over era vibe instead. Sexy, mature but quirky and funny, camp lyrics (listen to "That Don't Impress Me Much" lol), hot visuals, gay AF (look at the "Man I Feel Like a Woman" mv for reference) etc...

That would have been a SLAY coming from Taylor at that point! Could have actually been a really massive era even bigger than what Lover ended up doing for sure.

Edited by IBeMe

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

39 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

no wonder she hasn't announced anything outside the US, even Canada. like I'm no expert or even live anywhere near these places but Bey's schedule is messy af...

jumping back and forth between the UK and France and having two Canadian dates two months apart, it's really weird... Eras will have huge production and there's no way Tay or her team would want to do such thing and that's why they're waiting to have a logical schedule.

That plus some of the venues she's going to are significantly smaller than where Taylor is going on her stadium tour. Though my guess is timing with it pushing into football season had Bey needing to do diff venues.

Maybe this question is extremely stupid, but I have never seen a huge artist live so I don't know who these things work. Do they put physical copies of the album on sale in the venue? Adele's 30 saw a boost in physical sales when her residency started, so I assume this is the case. Anyone knows if Taylor does it too or does she just sell merchandise at her shows?

5 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

TikTok video using LH audio is going viral :jonny5: 

Hitting 4M views on TikTok + Twitter combined

Link? :WAP:

52 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

plz post it henty :jonny: I hope LH becomes a viral smasha somehow and has a residency in the top 10 and Midngihts alburm gets boost from this :jonny2: 

21 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Maybe this question is extremely stupid, but I have never seen a huge artist live so I don't know who these things work. Do they put physical copies of the album on sale in the venue? Adele's 30 saw a boost in physical sales when her residency started, so I assume this is the case. Anyone knows if Taylor does it too or does she just sell merchandise at her shows?

Yeah, Taylor usually sells physical CDs at the mercy stands at her shows

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah, Taylor usually sells physical CDs at the mercy stands at her shows

Can we recall if the tour helped with weekly sale of reputation? 

26 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

The beginning of the Tour definitely helped, I think Reputation went back to #9 on BB200 and before the Tour it was out of the Top30. Someone may remember it better. I don't know if the boost happened during the whole tour or only at the beginning, though.

littlebodybigheart

tour also helped delicate peak at #1 on pop radio and be as stable as it was on the hot 100. so we might see some extra stability for anti-hero and lavender haze.

I don't think there's gonna be another radio single from Midnights tbh. The problem is she usually has 1 single per TV as well, so there's just literally not enough time in a year to fit all her slayage... considering she probably wants to release roughly 2 TV's per year, and a new album is probably coming in 2024... 

I think most would agree that Taylor and her team handled 'Anti-Hero' quite well, but 'Lavender Haze' has been a disaster. I'm also not quite sure radio has accepted her back, even with 'Anti-Hero' doing very well and going #1 overall, they were quick to drop it and didn't even spend that long on power rotation.

i want the enchanted video already

2021 Grammys | The Popjustice Forum

20 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I think most would agree that Taylor and her team handled 'Anti-Hero' quite well, but 'Lavender Haze' has been a disaster. I'm also not quite sure radio has accepted her back, even with 'Anti-Hero' doing very well and going #1 overall, they were quick to drop it and didn't even spend that long on power rotation.

The callouts werent that good :coffee2:

Its great that it did as well as it did

22 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I think the only thing that is not on point for Lavender Haze is the playlisting (so far, cause it looks like it is improving of AM). If radio won't play the song, what can she do about it? It's not like they are gonna pay radio to play the song when Midnights doesn't need it. 

1 hour ago, MardinBeksloy said:

reputation's BB200 chart run during the tour:

23 - 18* - 14 - 18 - 22 - 29 - 36** - 33** - 30** - 15 - 9 - 21 - 21 - 14 - 25 - 26 - 31 - 29 - 38 - 30 - 26*** - 45 - 57 - 62 - 65 - 68 - 77 - 86 - 90 - 81 - 87 - 99

* first US show

** UK leg

*** last US show

not cardigan dolby atmos version has over 600K on tiktok while the original only has 37K :dies:

3 hours ago, on the line said:

That plus some of the venues she's going to are significantly smaller than where Taylor is going on her stadium tour. Though my guess is timing with it pushing into football season had Bey needing to do diff venues.

Not really tho. Beyoncé is largely playing the exact same stadiums as Taylor on The Eras Tour.

She is actually even visiting more cities in the US than Taylor (although she probably won't do as many shows at each stop).

As for Europe, we'll have to see which one Taylor books once she finally does start announcing international dates… :gaycat6:

17 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Not really tho. Beyoncé is largely playing the exact same stadiums as Taylor on The Eras Tour.

She is actually even visiting more cities in the US than Taylor (although she probably won't do as many shows at each stop).

As for Europe, we'll have to see which one Taylor books once she finally does start announcing international dates… :gaycat6:

I noticed Minneapolis stadium is 20k less than what Taylor is playing. There are definitely some same venues, but also plenty of different ones.

Not trying to start a stan war though. Just was an observation I noticed and wanted to know why (hence my theory about football season overlapping B's dates).

Edited by on the line

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

23 - 18* - 14 - 18 - 22 - 29 - 36** - 33** - 30** - 15 - 9 - 21 - 21 - 14 - 25 - 26 - 31 - 29 - 38 - 30 - 26*** - 45 - 57 - 62 - 65 - 68 - 77 - 86 - 90 - 81 - 87 - 99

* first US show

** UK leg

*** last US show

Wow. The Tour was really holding the album. It started falling steadily right after it finished.

This is a crazy feat:

3 hours ago, By the Water said:

* first US show

** UK leg

*** last US show

Lover would've had a residency in the top 20 if not 10...:!ohno:

I wonder who her date is going to be - Joe, Jack, Dylan, Sadie or Tree. Typically for an award show like The Grammys is would be Joe or Jack, but knowing Taylor she'll want to take the whole ATW team with her.

17 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I wonder who her date is going to be - Joe, Jack, Dylan, Sadie or Tree. Typically for an award show like The Grammys is would be Joe or Jack, but knowing Taylor she'll want to take the whole ATW team with her.

I think it might be Liz Rose, since she's gunning for the songwriter award

5 hours ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

Sis, the song spent 43 days at #1 in overall radio and like 10 weeks in HAC. That is NOT "quick to drop". That would be LYYMMD that started getting -500 spins updates the day after hitting #1 in POP

Edited by taylor__fan

The fact Midnights is going to surpass folklore in April at the very latest (March being much more likely) :deadbanana4: