EuroPride 2022 ?? | TODAY

Hurem

EuroPride 2022 will take place in Belgrade, Serbia from September 12th to 18th, 2022.

EuroPride 2022 Belgrade - EPOA

These past few weeks there's been a lot of heat in Serbia about the upcoming EuroPride, with far right parties demanding for it to be cancelled. The opposition spewed the usual homophobic **** (child abusers, family values, etc.) and they also claimed Serbia gave €40 million to the organizers, despite EuroPride not receiving any funds from government.

Here's a short timeline of what went down this month.

August 12th - Serbian Bishop calls for violence at EuroPride

“I will curse all those who organize and participate in something like that, I can do that much. If I had a weapon, I would use it, I would use that force if only I had it, but I do not."

August 14th - Thousands march in Belgrade to protest against EuroPride

U Beogradu održana litija protiv Evroprajda - Društvo - Dnevni list Danas

The gathered crowd wore signs saying “We don’t want a gay parade and occupation by the West!”, “We don’t give up holy places”, and “Keep your hands off our children”. The protest was not only against Euro-NATO-Pride, but also in support of Russia and the preservation of Kosovo and Metohija as part of Serbia.

Next protest is scheduled for August 28th.

August 27th - Serbian president cancels EuroPride

The Serbian president, Aleksandar Vučić, announced the decision to cancel the EuroPride during a news conference where he also proposed extending the term of Serbia’s prime minister, who identifies as a lesbian.

Serbia will not allow a pan-European LGBTQ+ Pride event to take place in Belgrade next month, the president has said, citing threats from rightwing extremists and fears of clashes.

August 27th - EuroPride not cancelled, any "ban" would be illegal

https://www.epoa.eu/europride-will-not-be-cancelled-and-any-ban-would-be-illegal/

Responding to calls for EuroPride 2022 hosted by Belgrade Pride in Serbia to be cancelled, President of the European Pride Organisers Association, Kristine Garina said: “EuroPride is not cancelled, and will not be cancelled. During the bidding process for EuroPride 2022, Prime Minister of Serbia, Ana Brnabic promised the full support of the Serbian government for EuroPride in Belgrade, and we expect that promise to be honoured.”

to be continued

Edited by Hurem

They support Russia so we are not surprised

Hope Serbian LGBT stays safe

Has Jelena Karleuša said something? 

They're on Pootin's payroll, of course they'd act trash :pukey:

Not the men in dresses clutching their rosary pearls over a little pride event and inciting terrorism against their own people :toofunny3: 

43 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Has Jelena Karleuša said something? 

Certain Serbian pop stars showed their support and some exposed themselves as homophobes.

17 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Certain Serbian pop stars showed their support and some exposed themselves as homophobes.

Sara Jo and Hurricane are gay icons :clap3:

All these "priests" are definitely malignant narcissists 

All I can say is that the only place I’ve ever been called a ****** on the streets randomly is in Serbia

There has been a LOT of fights with Prides in Serbia

surprised EuroPride pushes for it, given the fact that all of the cities it was held in were super supportive of the LGBTQ

It's bad because the government has stupid excuses like "our police forces has to be on standby as we have to keep peace and order with Kosovo, we cannot ensure safety in both places ". :michael:

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

All I can say is that the only place I’ve ever been called a ****** on the streets randomly is in Serbia

So sorry for that, it has been shitty here in Serbia for the last 3 years, especially since pandemic started.

12 hours ago, Hurem said:

trash

Protests over the gays :rip:

Will Euro Pride happen or will they cancel it?

Miss Karle USA Star has been dragging homophobes on her Insta. :jonny6:

I hope the EuroPride will go through smoothly. It's clear that Serbia won't be pushing for European integration with its current government that won't go away, so it would be nice for the gays there to be able to safely celebrate for that week.

Homophobia is very rampant in Serbia. Like in most balkan countries. It's such a shame because there are so many of us out there. I know so many gay Serbs living there, and it must be very frustrating for them not to be able to celebrate pride in a normal and peaceful fashion. Actually... the Serbian gay guys I know would NEVER attend the pride anyway, they would be too scared.

• 2 weeks later...

Mess, no Jessie Ware performance in Belgrade

I live in Belgrade. Last year I was scared to attend the Pride. Not too scared, but still scared. It turned out to be a peaceful day and police was able to keep away the small group of extremists who gathered to protest against the march. I was really content, mostly because Pride in Belgrade hasn't been violent since Aleksandar Vučić came to power and I thought that wouldn't change. Before that, Pride marches used to be really violent. Howewer, this year I felt freedom to participate. And I was really enthusiastic and excited about it (especially the Jessie Ware concert). I looked forward to experiencing the Pride for the first time. I have never hated myself for who I am, and most of the time people assumed I am straight, so I have never been beaten or something. I have had issues with what people think about queer people, but I was always able to keep being positive, optimistic and ready for a change to come. Now I really feel scared. Like scared for real and for the first time ever. I feel scared because children are being beat on the streets. I have heard that people ask around if I am gay. Everyday I see people wanting to kill us. Those who oppose us are in the Parliament, they're on TV and they're everywhere on the internet. I have people close to my family posting homophobic stuff on the Instagram. The head of the Serbian Church and all the rest of them have joined the protests against the Pride. And now we are not allowed to walk "because of our safety" (actually, the president wants to keep his right oriented voters). Our lesbian Prime Minister is not being helpful, as always. I am not able to explain it with words, but it is really scary. On the good side, there are many of those that send their support and are ready to protest against the Pride ban. 

I am really sad that people worldwide are not talking about this. I think we need support. And we don't need shame to be brought upon our nation, because we have already had enough of it. People are poor and unhappy, and they will never forgive the west for painting them as villains in the recent wars. They hate the West because they feel hated by the West, so they turn to Putin. They are so uhappy that they blame the gays for everything bad that is happening to them. I mean... And I really don't understand why gays are not vocal about this. We really need support. 

Edited by Jon Snow

5 hours ago, Hurem said:

The pride parade is gonna take place after all.

Two protesters were already arrested this morning. I hope everyone stays safe today.

any updates? it's 9pm, did everything went okay today?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.