MTG calls for closing all Chinese businesses in US & deporting all Chinese residents

Communion

I go back and forth between how to approach people like her. On the one hand, it’s important to know that our representatives are saying these things and public awareness of that is crucial if we’re going to stop it.

On the other hand, I see her insanity being spewed CONSTANTLY - but only when it’s shared by outraged liberals. Angry democrats probably give her more visibility and more of a platform than Republicans do just so they can say “look how crazy and awful she is!” 

This isn’t an attack on you OP - and again, sometimes awareness is a good thing. It’s just a thought I’ve been having recently. 

5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I go back and forth between how to approach people like her. On the one hand, it’s important to know that our representatives are saying these things and public awareness of that is crucial if we’re going to stop it.

On the other hand, I see her insanity being spewed CONSTANTLY - but only when it’s shared by outraged liberals. Angry democrats probably give her more visibility and more of a platform than Republicans do just so they can say “look how crazy and awful she is!” 

This isn’t an attack on you OP - and again, sometimes awareness is a good thing. It’s just a thought I’ve been having recently. 

It's one thing when it's some fringe online cultural element - like we don't need to know the explicit conspiracy details of which planet QAnon'ers think the lizard people elites are from - but she's an elected official. I think that's the important part, which I think you also agree with.

She's introduced legislation into Congress to make providing healthcare to trans people a felony.

The point of showcasing her rhetoric is to show how far and reactionary American culture is being allowed to become, ie: she says the purest form of what the right wants, her "moderate" peers in her party then find sneakier ways to implement it, and then even "moderate" Democrats chase her rhetoric and try to inch to the right.

The Dem running for Ohio's open Senate eat got criticized by Asian-American orgs for basically making one of his main ads a 60 second chant of calling China the enemy of America. 

This and her rhetoric feel inherently connected.

Look at Bannon's face - even him is thinking "wow this b*tch is crazy!". :skull:

Important piece of this discussion is how liberal politicians enable this kind of rhetoric and anti-China sentiment to fester with their own state department derived beliefs. Libs can say that “they criticize the gov not the people” til they’re blue in the face but they contribute to the growing right wing reactionary Sinophobia. And just to be clear, I am absolutely in no way equating them with this dangerous nonsensical rhetoric from the fascist American right but it’s very obvious to call out MTG and the like but Dems and their massive following, progressives included, need to be held to account. 

I hate this B to no end, but can someone point out where she said what the title of this thread said she did?

26 minutes ago, JanStan said:

I hate this B to no end, but can someone point out where she said what the title of this thread said she did?

How do you think MTG is going to decide which Chinese residents are "loyal to the CCP"? 

Here's a hint from history:

japanese_internment_notice_feature.jpg

God nothing loads on this God forsaken site anymore i hate it jere

6 hours ago, Communion said:

It's one thing when it's some fringe online cultural element - like we don't need to know the explicit conspiracy details of which planet QAnon'ers think the lizard people elites are from - but she's an elected official. I think that's the important part, which I think you also agree with.

She's introduced legislation into Congress to make providing healthcare to trans people a felony.

The point of showcasing her rhetoric is to show how far and reactionary American culture is being allowed to become, ie: she says the purest form of what the right wants, her "moderate" peers in her party then find sneakier ways to implement it, and then even "moderate" Democrats chase her rhetoric and try to inch to the right.

The Dem running for Ohio's open Senate eat got criticized by Asian-American orgs for basically making one of his main ads a 60 second chant of calling China the enemy of America. 

This and her rhetoric feel inherently connected.

Where can I view this ad? Edit: nvm found it

Edited by AlanRickman1946

Absolutely vile but she is genuinely one of the stupidest politicians even for a republican.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.