Urgent help needed - fellow ATRLer Joyride needs your help fight off cancer!

Grumpy Cat

Hello ATRL!

Most of you who were on ATRL before the (infamous) cleanup most likely know how we raised money several times to enable medical treatments and an easier life for one of our well adored members- @Joyride. The thread about Joyride's medical condition did not survive the purge, but I have been in contact with him ever since. Sometimes we just chat about random stuff in a friendly way, and sometimes (mostly) for medical consultations and check ups, because online consultations and check ups are also good alternative when you don't have the financial ability to afford one in real life.

Some of you probably remember how he was told he only had three months to live because of bleedings and the hospitals inability to find what's causing it which prompted the ATRL moderators and @Ryan BTE to start a fundraiser.

With ATRL's great help and as much as I  was able to do - Joyride is still alive! I cannot and have no rights to disclose any private info, especially medical info about Joyride. It's his thing to do, if he wants to. What I can say is that his health condition is very bad (again) and he needs our collective help- donations to finally get medical procedures done, get medications and become as healthy as possible.

What our friend needs now is our support, kindest, warmest words of support and love and donations so  he can do all the medical procedures as soon as possible. I cannot do this alone although I would very much like to.

Our dear friend's Paypal is: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/joaquinignaciod

GFM: https://gofund.me/42240f15

How come the thread is from me?

1. I was in contact with Joyride through all this time and have been updating the moderators about it.

2. Due to severity of condition of our member and dear friend, the moderators ( @khalyan) and Ryan allowed me to create this topic.

Again, please do not send any negative messages to Joyride at all but contact any moderator or Ryan himself. Also, there are  members who remember the fundraisers and have had donated money themselves and can confirm this.

P.S. I apologize for the grammar errors. English is not my first language.

Update I (from Joyride) - Aug 28th

''Hey guys! I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has donated and taken the time to actually try to understand what is going on, Grumpy Cat share a few messages regarding my persona that left me heartbroken.

I haven't wanted to share much of what is going on, because I truly felt like no one would listen to me. I've been neglected by my family and a whole health system, which all its done is take my money and left me waiting for an answer. even after all these months.

Everything has taken an ugly turn and now I'm all by myself here, with no one to talk about this, and it really does feel lonely. I wish I could get an answer to what's actually going on, but no one has been able to provide that answer yet, I've been to countless doctors and all they say (and I'm not kidding here) is that they do not know what is going on.

I've been entirely sincere as to where the money has been put to use, the amount of donations, etc. paying everything out of pocket with no insurance anymore is absolutely way too expensive, and I have to take my treatment as a "on and off" thing.

I hope you guys understand and if you have any questions, please let me know, I'll gladly answer them.

also wanted to send well wishes to all the people who have donated to my PayPal. I used my last resources in getting a sleep study, which, because of all the stress I've been going through, has given me insomnia along with very strong episodes of sleep apnea and it also showed that I'm only getting 23 minutes of REM sleep per night. so, yes, things keep getting worse and I don't know what to do.

Like I mentioned in a thread before, I was planning on moving to Canada to see if I could find better help there, got the ticket, but sadly the person who bought the ticket for me sued me, literally, because the person who promised to pay for the ticket backed off, so now I can't leave the country.''

UPDATE II (from Joyride) -Sept 5th

''hello guys. my plans to go to Canada have complicated a bit as my friend who bought the tickets two months ago is asking for reparations and went to the authorities meaning there’s I won’t be able to leave, because I “committed a crime” according to their lawyer and I won’t be able to travel at last until I’m free of that.

to the people who have sent me money, I assure you it’s been put to well use.

I’ve been able to purchase the iron injections to keep things going.

addidtionally, I’ve been taking iron orally, and just trying to feed my body with enough nutrients vitamins and vitamins.

Right now I need to repeat the sleep study, along with a CPAP study too. And then buy one to take home so I can fix the issue of my sleep apnea or at least make it better, I also need to get a lumbar puncture to investigate if there are any problems there, which could lead to a lot of studies.

Still, I would want to go to Canada and leave for good. If anyone has any connections or know anyone who is hiring, I’d appreciate it.

I can work at a hair salon, as a translator, as an IT recruiter, or as an IT engineer, or a mixture of both.

As another thing I’d link to update is that my vision is terrible. I have glasses, that’s not the problem, the problem is that my vision is completely fatigued and not doing well.''

UPDATE 3 (Sept 5th) - HELP JOY FIGHT CANCER!

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/413545-help-joyride-25k-needed-for-the-surgery/

''caught by surprise as I did want to keep this private - but I truly want to share a message to every single person who has helped me get here, even if the result is in no way what I expected, after going through several procedures, finding answers only became a reality after I could "pay" for it.

a few days ago I was diagnosed with stage one colon cancer. I am very hesitant to even open up like this because I don't think I've even fully processed what is going on and I tend to be a very reserved person, whenever you see a comment of mine, it never has to do with my personal life or my experiences as a person, unless I feel like they could help someone.

After a loss for the country that's been my "home", yet my own prison, I think it's time for me to finally accept that sometimes I just cannot deal with things the way I want to. staying silent has rarely ever helped me.''

Edited by Grumpy Cat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grumpy Cat

• Into The Void

• Joyride

• BussC,XOXO

• ATRL Moderator

Glad to hear he's still kicking :heart2: Get well soon Joyride.

• ATRL Moderator

Just to confirm, we give our full blessing to Grumpy Cat and want the best for Joyride and hopefully a little bit of help now will be able to make it easier for them for a while! 

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

Just to confirm, we give our full blessing to Grumpy Cat and want the best for Joyride and hopefully a little bit of help now will be able to make it easier for them for a while! 

Thank you and the whole moderating team for stepping in again and also a big thanks to Ryan! I hope this will help too.

Is the PayPal account the members

personal one? I can donate, if so. Hope your friend gets better bro I'm sorry to hear all of this 

1 minute ago, xclusivestylesz said:

Is the PayPal account the members

personal one? I can donate, if so. Hope your friend gets better bro I'm sorry to hear all of this 

Yes. Thank you!

Grumpy Cat are you a doctor? From what I understand you were providing checkups on Joy's health right? I know you said he is alive but is his condition getting worse or better from last time? Like I know things are bad but is there even a tiny bit of improvement? :( I will donate a little something when i get my next paycheck. I wish him the best and healing. Please send him screenshots of our messages to him. 

Edited by IBeMe

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Grumpy Cat are you a doctor? From what I understand you were provided checkups on Joy's health right? I know you said he is alive but is his condition getting worse or better? :( I will donate a little something when i get my next paycheck. I wish him the best and healing. Please send him screenshots of our messages to him. 

Yes and yes, I've sent him the link of this thread. I hope it will surprise him in a nice way.

He is alive so yes, we have proven his shitty hospital wrong about his life expectancy, but the condition got worse last few months because he needs to do lots of procedures which he doesn't have enough money to do. And I myself, can't cover it all.

Is this gofundme still up?

4 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Is this gofundme still up?

Last gofundme had some tech. issues so he couldnt take any money. Paypal is the safest and fastest option.

Does he belong to any church or organization? Some can help fund medical costs or fundraising. I seen it happen.

Where does he live I can maybe find resources that can help as well.

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

Where does he live I can maybe find resources that can help as well.

I don't think I can speak on his behalf this much.

You can DM him because of privacy reasons.

After some a-holes were cruel and mean, he asked me not to talk about his case anymore but I can't let him suffer. He is probably angry and confused or who knows but I can't imagine the struggle and the everyday torture of being ill and not being able to do anything- even if he gets so angry I did this, he'll be able to do his procedures.

DM him

I won't speak on his behalf anymore.

Also, want to thank everyone donating to our Joy! Thank you! :heart2:

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

After some a-holes were cruel and mean, he asked me not to talk about his case anymore but I can't let him suffer. He is probably angry and confused or who knows but I can't imagine the struggle and the everyday torture of being ill and not being able to do anything- even if he gets so angry I did this, he'll be able to do his procedures.

DM him

I meant if I knew what country he's in I can see if someone I know can help.

Get better soon Joyride. :heart:

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

DM him

That’s very sweet of you :weeps: 

I wish I could help right now but I just got rescued from overdraft, I’ll see what I can do in a few days. 

i am unable to donate atm but i wish them well! i was thinking of them recently and was wondering if they were still around

I donated to the first one and Miss Ride wasn’t so Joyful and was rather rude to me in a thread a couple weeks ago bc I wasn’t gagging over his mayo of the month.

Thankfully, i’m not petty and human life is too fragile to be concerned over stan arguments. I’ll donate tomorrow when my direct deposit hits bc rn this edible is kicking my ASS and i’m about to go out for wings :heart: I hope everything works out and you get the treatment that you need.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Bussea said:

I donated to the first one and Miss Ride wasn’t so Joyful and was rather rude to me in a thread a couple weeks ago bc I wasn’t gagging over his mayo of the month.

Thankfully, i’m not petty and human life is too fragile to be concerned over stan arguments. I’ll donate tomorrow when my direct deposit hits bc rn this edible is kicking my ASS and i’m about to go out for wings :heart: I hope everything works out and you get the treatment that you need.

spacer.png

It wasn't about mayo or stans. It was about us being called  ''scammer'' and him being called a ''scapegoat'' few days ago. That's behind us anyways.

Thank you for caring and don't worry about stan wars. :heart2:

Edited by Grumpy Cat
typo

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

I meant if I knew what country he's in I can see if someone I know can help.

There was moving around so- dm him.

I really don't want to be his spokesperson and I hope he'll tell his story soon.

Just leave him bunch of nice messages (if you really mean it) in here because he reads them and hopefully in few days- he'll tell his story and I'll update the OP.

Maybe he is overwhelmed but maybe it's one of the days when he just doesnt feel the energy. :/

I donated 20, wish him the best

I hope he'll come back and I hope the d*mbasses who made him feel unwanted are feeling embarrassed right now. Bunch of clowns without empathy.

I'll try to donate again, I can only wish him the best and pray things will work out. It's crazy that doctors have no lead considering how serious his symptoms were. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.