Shrek outimpacted Pixar franchises. Why?

Beyonnaise

I don’t see any Pixar franchises with the level of continuous devotion that Shrek receives. Why? Did Dreamworks win?

Edited by Beyonnaise

I don't know why Shrek has grown so so much in the past few years. It's obviously a good film, but I don't really see the reason behind such a big following :rip:

not a Shrek tour

ma'am, what is this????

FY496TB.gif

How long has this been going for?? :bibliahh:

Talentry, the first 2 movies are excellent!

Cuz it's funny even for older audience and not only kids

15 minutes ago, Kevin Parker said:

I don't know why Shrek has grown so so much in the past few years. It's obviously a good film, but I don't really see the reason behind such a big following :rip:

It's a multigenerational meme

Shrek 1 and Shrek 2 both have:

-Amazing replay value

-Great story

-Inclusive af without looking tryhard/forced

-Clever jokes that stand the test of time

-Incredible characters

I could go on... :WAP: TALENT.

Edited by Summerboy95

Shrek has absolutely NOT out impacted Toy Story imo. Argue with the wall. :sorry:

Shrek is great but it’s huge because it’s basically a walking meme. It has had a consistent presence across the internet, and I think it became more popular to say you love Shrek than to actually love Shrek :deadbanana4:

50 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Shrek has absolutely NOT out impacted Toy Story imo. Argue with the wall. :sorry:

Shrek is great but it’s huge because it’s basically a walking meme. It has had a consistent presence across the internet, and I think it became more popular to say you love Shrek than to actually love Shrek :deadbanana4:

Shrek has more impact than Toy Story outside of film Twitter. Shrek 2 is better than every Pixar movie minus The Incredibles. :coffee2:

2 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

Fart jokes, memes and ironic stanning does not equal impact

Shrek was the Minions of its time

Minions doesn’t have an Oscar, or the Fairy Godmother’s iconic performance:

Shrek was top tier, but I wouldn't argue that as a franchise it has had even close to the impact to Toy Story or Cars...

Shrek is amazing and indeed has a huge impact, but not bigger than Toy Story or Finding Nemo, or even Cars and The Incredibles.

I believe it's what people call talenT. The first two movies are simply unmatched

FY496TB.gif

I think just because Shrek and Shrek 2 are very good and also very brandable/memeable. I don't agree that it has more impact than pixar but it's definitely up there with the best of pixar. Plus Shrek is liked by all generations, a lot ot Pixar movies are not. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.