Anti-black racism map in Europe. Is your European country racist?

Bloodflowers.

59 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

It depends, many black students live here  in Belgrade, and I know couple of them, they said they never had any bad experience. Bigger problem here is nationalisam, to other european countries and nations, racism not so much.

Some Black ppl don’t realize when they are the exception to the rule. They may have a nonBlack friend that likes THEM because they know THEM, but had they not been friends, they would have heard all the racist remarks. My “friends” in high school would always make racist jokes but try to down play it by saying it’s not racist cause it’s “just” a joke and said they have Black friends but I would be the Black friend ??‍♀️

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Before Today

• Dante

• Never Ending

• Dear Reader

Germany is leading as an example. Skin color no matter how dark or light it is shouldn't define anything :clap3:

Serbia the most positive? Really? :rip: Also not surprised at my country (Bulgaria) but damn, Lithuania and Estonia not so high either? Disappointed in them :toofunny3:

Not surprised about Portugal tbh, my sister went on vacation there a couple months ago and she came back with nothing but bad things to say about the people from there :rip: 

Not Serbia being dark green :deadbanana2: I guess they hate everyone equally if they’re not Serbian, so I guess that counts.

Ukraine should be a little lighter imo. No one that I know of is violently racist, and there are many African students across Ukraine that feel safe and at home (at least in my conversations with them). But there is definitely casual racism and micro-aggressions, but I think that’s everywhere.

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not the darkest shade of green still being 30% 

This is an average of Implicit Association Test scores, which go from -2 (anti-racist, i.e. you believe that minority groups are superior to the majority) to 2 (extremely racist), and a score towards the middle indicates indifference, it's not a percentage of people

Edited by Pop culture

2 hours ago, Chromatica said:

Not surprised at Bulgaria especially after dating a Bulgarian :rip: 

23 minutes ago, Never Ending said:

Serbia the most positive? Really? :rip: Also not surprised at my country (Bulgaria) but damn, Lithuania and Estonia not so high either? Disappointed in them :toofunny3:

Well, I’m Black and currently dating a Bulgarian Man. 

He’s lovely and amazing, and even he admits that there are deep issues with racism in parts of Bulgaria. He’s White but very conscious; he has several mixed-race cousins (from an Aunty who married a Black, Ghanaian Man) and his best-friend is Black too (she was born and raised in Bulgaria) so he’s certainly aware. 

We were literally just talking about, potentially, visiting Bulgaria together (he’s from a city called Dobrich) a few days ago and he admits that I’ll get a lot of stares (as if I didn’t know that already) and some people might not be welcoming, however some people might be curious and want to talk to me but might say things that they don’t see or perceive as offensive. He also says the country is rife with homophobia and right-wing nationalism in parts even though there’s a large Gay scene in places like Sofia etc. 

:michael:

Yes, and Italy is heading through a shitty future with the upcoming elections 

Not surprised by some Eastern European countries - they fetishize blacks gays in the U.S :gaycat6:

also funny it only goes up to 2015 when Europe has gotten more racist 

Edited by infrared

2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Well, I’m Black and currently dating a Bulgarian Man. 

He’s lovely and amazing, and even he admits that there are deep issues with racism in parts of Bulgaria. He’s White but very conscious; he has several mixed-race cousins (from an Aunty who married a Black, Ghanaian Man) and his best-friend is Black too (she was born and raised in Bulgaria) so he’s certainly aware. 

We were literally just talking about, potentially, visiting Bulgaria together (he’s from a city called Dobrich) a few days ago and he admits that I’ll get a lot of stares (as if I didn’t know that already) and some people might not be welcoming, however some people might be curious and want to talk to me but might say things that they don’t see or perceive as offensive. He also says the country is rife with homophobia and right-wing nationalism in parts even though there’s a large Gay scene in places like Sofia etc. 

:michael:

Whatever he told you is pretty much true. I feel like the "youth" in Bulgaria in general isn't really THAT racist but it still exists and it kind of stems because of the hatred for the "gypsies" (Romani people) in our country, since they're considered with "darker" complexion or whatever. And also, there's a word in our language that sounds VERY very close to the N word in english, and it's actually not used as an offensive slur in here... So do bear that in mind in case you hear it, from other bulgarians that is :toofunny3:

And yeah, celebrating "diversity" here in general (e.g. sexual orientation, race, nationality, etc) isn't a common thing here and I don't hear bulgarian companies and stuff preaching that message either, which is a thing I've noticed in UK companies, for example.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, PopA911 said:

this… there’s still so much homophobia and racism in Portugal, people are very conservative here even if they don’t say it to your face. i hate it here :deadbanana4:

I hate to be that person but girl, others have it worse. Take what you can get :deadbanana4:

37 minutes ago, Before Today said:

I hate to be that person but girl, others have it worse. Take what you can get :deadbanana4:

you’re very right sis, i know i’m privileged, but I was just commenting on the topic about the european countries and my experience in them (I’ve been to 4) and Portugal has been the worst so far 

26 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

you’re very right sis, i know i’m privileged, but I was just commenting on the topic about the european countries and my experience in them (I’ve been to 4) and Portugal has been the worst so far 

You're right you can tell your own stories/experiences (even if it's a bad one) without unacknowledging the privilege.

why is everyone surprised at Balkan not being "racist".

It's the region with the smallest number of POC in europe, therefore Balkan people don't see them as a threat or "competition" so they don't feel the need to put them down, hate on them or try to tear them down, like f.e. white americans do. 

That doesn't mean they wouldn't show more racism or hate in a place with more POC.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:37 PM, St. Francis said:

LOL at the UK being all green 5I5s8.png

I remember the backlash when a Black family was used in a Christmas commercial :skull:

4 hours ago, Armani? said:

I remember the backlash when a Black family was used in a Christmas commercial :skull:

Right? The funny thing is that there was another grocery company (this was Tesco) that were supposed to feature a Black family in their Christmas commercial around that time but their scenes were scrapped and removed because of the backlash Sainsbury's (the first grocery) received :rip:.

The GP are so used to seeing POC paired up with white men or women in adverts because it targets all demographics and it's seen as less threatening to them.

they need to do this but with South America, the map would be WILD with the POC immigraton atm, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay OPENLY hate black people :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.