Did you expect Nicki to outlast Katy and Gaga in the US?

MingYouToo

29 minutes ago, collin said:

That was an Ariana Grande song.

You are saying this while defending Nicki Minaj of all people :deadbanana4:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• lg6chromatica

• AMIT

• Jjang

We all know that Nicki has harder nowadays and getting another #1 is a lot … and yes she is bigger than Lady Gaga 

Nicki went back to pink Friday x Anaconda 2012 in the best way possible, and dr.luke and her label with multiple versions went for the rest. 

we are certainly from the era of only Selena and Rihanna charting following the MPG tanking and running to ballads and collabs; but you have to meet halfway with tricks and of course something GP can’t ignore as an older woman in pop. ALSO: Had NRO/SL been released on weaker weeks, they’d at least have peaked higher; but no they didn’t strike US GP as much as SFG.

Aside from that Nicki best market is US whereas I think places in Asia are Katy’s and Brazil/Italy is Gaga’s  :alexz3:

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Nicki is more talked about amongst heterosexuals, Hip-Hop fans, Black people and other minority groups where as it's mostly gays who talk about Gaga and Katy.

Nicki's PR may be in the pits right now and has been for some time, but her name is still out there. 

So you're erasing the entire world too? 

Imagine thinking the A Star is Born actress has been surpassed by the Angry Birds 2 actress. Solo or not, Shallow is a cultural staple and will be for years to come. I doubt SFG will even be remembered 6 months from now. 

6 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

The idea that an artist collecting rapists and pedophiles like infinity stones and shilling 8 versions of her single for PENNIES is anywhere near Gaga is so laughable. Like I am actually laughing out loud right now! lol.

gaga1.thumb.jpg.791cd3958419cbbf34832c4f

:deadbanana:

OT: this has to be a set-up :redface: 

7 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

The idea that an artist collecting rapists and pedophiles like infinity stones and shilling 8 versions of her single for PENNIES is anywhere near Gaga is so laughable. Like I am actually laughing out loud right now! lol.

gaga1.thumb.jpg.791cd3958419cbbf34832c4f

I’m laughing at Gaga’s failed and underperforming album, with ZERO hits on it. 

No, I was told adamantly that Gaga would become a legend before Nicki and that Nicki's success was less than Gagas by a liddo. Katy is more of a fabulous for a throwback queen, like Mariah and she seems happy to be there now with her new found freedom. Katy doesn't need to prove anything, so as a result she was outlasted by Nicki.

Yes. She’s more talented and more consistent when it comes to releasing bops

2 hours ago, St. Francis said:

Nicki is more talked about amongst heterosexuals, Hip-Hop fans, Black people and other minority groups where as it's mostly gays who talk about Gaga and Katy.

Nicki's PR may be in the pits right now and has been for some time, but her name is still out there. 

Pretty sure gays talk alot more about Nicki than Katy, Nicki is far bigger in gay spaces.

OT: She's definitely not bigger than Gaga, but she's outlasted Katy.

Everybody has outlasted Katy so that's not really a difficult feat to accomplish. And while Gaga's the bigger star around the world, it is worth noting that FEFE is bigger in the US than any Gaga song since her debut days :rip: And if SFG passes 4 weeks in the Top 10 it'll be bigger than ROM as well. So musically maybe but culturally no

Lady Gaga is no longer the pop supreme on the US charts she once was (while she has RoM and Shallow, Gaga has never had a solo breakout smash the way Applause and BTW were)

Oh, thanks for being kind enough to mention Shallow... which, btw, stomps on anything that Minaj has released since Super Bass (if we're being generous) and is 10x more of a global smash than any Minaj single. 

Edited by lg6chromatica

11 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

No

i thought gaga would be the one getting solo #1’s but she only gets them if she leeches on to younger more popular singers. Thank you Ariana.

Shallow went #1 and is one of the biggest songs of the 2010s... Bradley Cooper wasn't a singer or artist before the movie and he isn't younger than Gaga.

7 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

Shallow went #1 and is one of the biggest songs of the 2010s... Bradley Cooper wasn't a singer or artist before the movie and he isn't younger than Gaga.

It’s not a solo song. Can age go #1 in 2022 without any help from a popular artist?

11 hours ago, Bang Up said:

In 2024, Gaga will star in yet another hugely successful blockbuster movie where she'll be, yet again, the talk of the industry, receive a bunch of award nominations, and be everywhere. Nicki will either be in prison or feuding with the latest rap girl come 2024. :ahh: 

Also... Hold My Hand / Top Gun soundtrack. Oscars 2023! 

4 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

No, I was told adamantly that Gaga would become a legend before Nicki and that Nicki's success was less than Gagas by a liddo. 

And he is right

7 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

It’s not a solo song. Can age go #1 in 2022 without any help from a popular artist?

Can Nicki without the help of a rapist? 

4 hours ago, bad guy said:

Everybody has outlasted Katy so that's not really a difficult feat to accomplish. And while Gaga's the bigger star around the world, it is worth noting that FEFE is bigger in the US than any Gaga song since her debut days :rip: And if SFG passes 4 weeks in the Top 10 it'll be bigger than ROM as well. So musically maybe but culturally no

Fefe is not bigger than Shallow ffs :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, Fnooky said:

not at all tbh

I expected Gaga and to a lesser extent Katy to be about where Taylor is today given their dominance in the music scene back in the day. Nobody could have expected just how hard and quickly they would fall off.

Oh yeah, Gaga REALLY fell off...

lady-gaga-number-1.jpg

FYdT2W5WAAAyz8G?format=jpg&name=small

FFXcXx_XMBI9SbN.jpg:large

joker-2-lady-gaga-trailer.jpg

The set up :ahh:

She outlasted Katy yes, but Gaga?!?! :ahh:

A quick #1 is not a parameter for that i'm sorry.

Edited by Nicholai

22 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

It’s not a solo song. 

Hello? The "Angry Birds 2" star literally had the help of the extremely popular, catchy throwback song which she sampled the hell out of. 

Solo songs do not matter outside of stan Twitter. Touch some grass. Shallow is bigger than any Nicki Minaj song. 

Can Gaga go #1 in 2022 without any help from a popular artist?

Uh, sure. With the right song. 

Also, Bradley Cooper wasn't a "popular artist," or even an artist at all, before A Star Is Born. 

Edited by lg6chromatica

She can have her free falling No.1 single, but I doubt a huge TV program will pay her $25M each season, unless it's her cooperation to a crime docu-series.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.