Stranger Things vs Game of Thrones - bigger & better show?

Billionaire

I love both shows but come on, there's no competition here. There hasn't been made yet another show that comes even close to the phenomenon that is GOT.

10 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

they are very different and i love both but Game of Thrones has something that Stranger Things doesn't: a VERY rich and vast universe and history that can birth mutiple spin-offs, prequels and sequels. The source material is massive.

I don't really know how Netflix could expand Stranger Things universe. 

This

But Stranger Things has always served quality. Can't say the same about GOT. I like both shows equally.

GOT is definitely bigger. However, ST is also huge.

Love both but how is this even a question :rip: 

Yeah, sure the last two seasons of GOT were pretty bad but I can't see how that makes ST more consistent. If they were to stretch out ST for 4 more seasons it would probably end up even worse than GOT :deadbanana:

The first 4 seasons of GOT go far beyond whatever ST could ever bring to the table, please. 

I love Stranger Things, but Game of Thrones was the cultural phenomenon of the last decade. Everyone and their mamas were watching and talking about it.

Both amazing shows, but Got for all

Got have higher peaks, but also lower lows as well. 

ST has been consistent in quality in a high level, but never reached Got peak in quality. 

Anyway, ST has half of seasons that Got has tho

As much as I love ST, GOT is my all time fave, nothing is touching its early seasons.

ST has definitely more appeal to teenagers and generation Z, but GOT remains bigger. Cultural phenomenon. House of Dragons and the other spinoffs will make it even more clear, while I don't know what Netflix can do with the ST world after the last season.

not ppl saying ST is better :ahh:

GOT is and will always be bigger and better 

Even if you didn't watch GOT (Like me) you still heard and knew about the show. Even my mom can recognize the actors from the show and she never watched it. :rip:

If Stranger Things has fantastic s5 then they beat GOT in quality, GOT peaked in s3, maintained a little bit in s4 and then it all went down... :skull:

ST is bigger with Gen Z.  GOT is bigger with the GP, and in general, and is much bigger globally.

As for quality, GOT S1-6 >>>>>>>> ST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GOT S7-8.

ST is fantastic, and if they nail the ending it could mount a more serious challenge, but for now, there's no comparison.

• 2 months later...

GoT is the biggest show of all time for a reason, and its sequel series is one of the biggest shows to premiere ever since it stopped airing. People loved to say that GoT has no impact now but look at how big HOTD got these past two months, shows how delusional that statement is. It has a hold on the cultural zeitgeist like no other. Stranger Things is big now but talk about it never lasts that long (season 4 was the biggest and its evaporated from general discussion after the summer, saying this as my favorite show in the 2021-2022 television season).

wait just saw that this thread is 2 months old, how did I get in here :rip:

Edited by Lawssance

The actors and characters on Game of Thrones are just so iconic that Stranger Things could never. I love the kids but none of them can out act any of the GOT cast. 

Also the lines from that show are legendary.

thats-what-i-do-i-drink-and-i-know-thing

Nerdy By Nature: Top Game of Thrones Moments

Game of thrones and it’s not even close. Sick of seeing these groups of kids in the 80s enough is enough! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.