The Ultimate Madonna Singles Showdown | WINNER!

supaspaz

Vogue vs. Take a Bow

Bedtime Story vs. Justify My Love

Get Together vs. Erotica

Dress You Up vs. Into the Groove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Chris

• dabunique

• besaid

• ATRL Moderator

Interesting, there seems to have been a slight dip in participation this round.

• ATRL Moderator

Updating now!

Take a Bow

Bedtime Story

Get Together

Into the Groove

• ATRL Moderator

JSmqke0.png

There haven't been many upsets in this tournament so far, but the second round of the Mercy Division gave us the biggest one so far, as #6 "Erotica" took down #3 "Get Together" while barely breaking a sweat. #5 "Bedtime Story" also made a run at #4 "Justify My Love" early in the round, but simply could not keep pace with one of Madonna's most beloved chart-toppers. In a battle between two all-time smashes that reigned over the Billboard Hot 100 in the early 1990s, #1 "Vogue" and #8 "Take a Bow," the dance floor diva defeated the balladeer once again. But the runaway winner of the round was #2 "Into the Groove", which demolished its fellow Like a Virgin release, #7 "Dress You Up."

(1) "Vogue" def. (8) "Take a Bow" [63-29]

(4) "Justify My Love" def. (5) "Bedtime Story" [56-36]

(6) "Erotica" def. (3) "Get Together" [50-42]

(2) "Into the Groove" def. (7) "Dress You Up" [72-20]

That brings us to the Sweet Sixteen, where 16 songs remain chasing the title of the Queen of Pop's greatest single. With the Ray of Light era taking a hit last round and losing more than half of its entries, True Blue has moved into the lead with three tracks left, though the '90s continues to be the dominant decade, representing seven slots. Madonna and Rebel Heart also both were completely eliminated, meaning none of the Material Girl's 2010s output is still in contention. Check out the updated draw below:

spacer.png

Sweet Sixteen  here we come. 

will a number one fall before da final 4? 

will Erotica continue its Cinderella run into da Elite 8 or higher? 

Edited by dabunique

Could we get a list of all 16 remaining songs? I have a little trouble parsing the bracket image :rip:

Interesting that there were no real close calls this past round. Thank God y'all didn't pick Get Together over Erotica, I was kind of worried. :toofunny3:

Get Together is so good. Felt horrible eliminating it for Erotica but it HAD to be done. 

LAP

Deeper and Deeper

Vogue

Erotica/ITG

Frozen

Music

Hung Up/La Isla Bonita

ROL/DTM

Manifesting this Top 8 :flame::psych:

I just know the David Division is going to kill me.

Take A Nap OUT, the evil is defeated :clap3:

there will be some tough choices in the next 4 rounds, all 16 songs are excellent :jonny5: I know I said I would sabotaj 80s songs but might make an exception for Live To Tell, her most underrated lead! 

I’m pulling for a Don’t Tell Me upset. It’s not necessarily my favorite song but it’s undeniably quintessentially Madonna 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Could we get a list of all 16 remaining songs? I have a little trouble parsing the bracket image :rip:

Like a Prayer

Open Your Heart

Live To Tell

Deeper and Deeper

Frozen

Sorry

Music

Secret

Hung Up

La Isla Bonita

Ray of Light

Don’t Tell Me

Vogue

Justify My Love

Erotica

Into the Groove

How can I help make the draw image clearer?

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, dabunique said:

will a number one fall before da final 4? 

Everyone please vote for “Open Your Heart” and “Justify My Love”!

• ATRL Moderator
38 minutes ago, mchl said:

I’m pulling for a Don’t Tell Me upset. It’s not necessarily my favorite song but it’s undeniably quintessentially Madonna 

This is my dream. Cowboydonnas, let’s do it!

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, reymiu said:

This is pretty much Like a Prayer vs Hùng Up for the final match :rip:

We're not going to let that happen!

• ATRL Moderator

Getting to ready to launch the Sweet Sixteen. But I would like to do that on the next page.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

We're not going to let that happen!

I don't see any different outcome hihi

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I don't see any different outcome hihi

Time to rally the troops for "Open Your Heart" and "La Isla Bonita"! #5 seeds supremacy.

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Taemira said:

thank god get trash is gone :weeps:

Never heard of anyone hating "Get Together"

• ATRL Moderator

JSmqke0.png

The eight Sweet Sixteen showdowns are now in place (find a complete draw here) as we move one step closer to naming Madonna's greatest single. Can anything stop the #1 seeds from an inevitable march to the Final Four? As always, in each of the match-ups below, please pick the single that makes the people come together. Happy voting!

SWEET SIXTEEN

Lourdes Division

(1) "Like a Prayer" vs. (5) "Open Your Heart"

(3) "Live To Tell" vs. (2) "Deeper and Deeper"

Rocco Division

(1) "Frozen" vs. (4) "Sorry"

(3) "Music" vs. (2) "Secret"

David Division

(1) "Hung Up" vs. (5) "La Isla Bonita"

(3) "Ray of Light" vs. (2) "Don't Tell Me"

Mercy Division

(1) "Vogue" vs. (4) "Justify My Love"

(6) "Erotica" vs. (2) "Into the Groove"

VOTE

Like a Prayer vs. Open Your Heart

Live To Tell vs. Deeper and Deeper

Frozen vs. Sorry

Music vs. Secret

Hung Up vs. La Isla Bonita

Ray of Light vs. Don't Tell Me

Vogue vs. Justify My Love

Erotica vs. Into the Groove

• ATRL Moderator

@Julia Fox @HeavyMetalAura @James_Dean @AdrianNicki @tiagol88 @lachiqui_klk @RobDeWittBukater @Invisibility @Katamari @1989 @Espresso @JoAddams @The Next Day @naval23 @Mariya Takeuchi @style17 @_Fey @ReH2o @Ayanaa @Venice B @Gottasadae @PopKills @ArtForFreedom @Schami66 @GreatestLoveofAll @John Slayne @Psycho @KillingYourCareer @Ace Reject @Saddy @Achilles. @Quicksand @Kirby Kirbs @Planet Mars @andresg770 @McNulty @Wicked @greento @Sunstone @mchl @Frappucino @LikeaRebel @Truth Teller @brenda-walsh @allforyou @Miichael @K$Ellie @Pluto2022 @Chris @Wildcat @Never Ending @Legend E @Monky_2405 @Shy Boy @Terylee @Janet @T.O.A.D.S. @Reverie @SimSim @Gabers05 @Subomie @Ewan Chaos @Oktober Knight @Tusk @305 @Rican @Soda Pop Queen @unison stan @slw84 @State of Grace. @Ophelia @Taemira @Madonno @Patrick @Nippy'sReceipts @Angels @Tropical @Kiss It Better @Ger-55 @Allday @dreamsicle @spree @dirrtydiana @Slap @collin @Jooj @EnigmaticAndroid @Sanctuary @Ghibli @Alessandra @besaid @glamrock<3 @Lament @Chasing Comet @prézli @Lover @The7thStranger @cityfolk @Girlicious @reymiu @madonnas @Dark Miracles @Staryu @Ghost @dabunique @CREATIVEREBELLION @RockStarShit101 @Miss Show Business @lawmak @Elysium @CBC @Lithium. @Hook Up @Masochism @UnanimousBB16 @Sparkle @EJQL8 @Diamond Heart @Cheriah @KevinDG @Jaay @jacklovesyou1 @Zayka @Agenor @°ColdFire° @ATWK @@michael @bestfiction @roso @Future Lover @TipToe @GlamSlam @Melancholy @taipei @Repelex @God_Donna @Mooncrown @Ken Lee

Sweet Sixteen is happening now!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.