The Last of Us | S2 | Teaser Trailer Out!

Hephaestus

12 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

Im not saying I disagree, but tweets like these annoy me because god forbid not every gay person is gonna universally rejoice and not give criticism. 

I see the argument on both sides

Nobody is saying that every gay person should rejoice and nobody is saying that every gay person should like the episode. But don’t call it ‘bury your gays’ when it isn’t. People need to learn what that trope is before throwing it around. You also mentioned that you didn’t play the games, but there isn’t really any point in this story where Bill and Frank could come back into it which you’ll see for yourself when more episodes air. Ellie and Joel are moving further and further away from where Bill and Frank live, so it’s not like they can just pop back to visit for supplies. :rip:

Spoiler

It wouldn’t make sense for them to be recurring characters because if they did that, they’d have to pretty much rewrite the entire narrative of the game. In the game once Bills section is complete, you never see or hear from him again. He’s mentioned in Part II when Ellie tells somebody about him, but that’s it. As he’s no longer relevant to the story they’re trying to tell.

The ending him and Frank got in the show was actually a happy ending, whereas in the game it isn’t. When you see more of the show, you’ll see why they no longer fit in it. 

Edited by Wrecked

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

3 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

Do you guys have any hopes for part 2?

For me I'd like to see the timeline be more linear. Which I think will happen bc the structure of part 2 just wouldn't work for a tv show. I'd love to see the space between part 1 and part 2 expanded upon specifically more Joel, Tommy, Maria, Dina, Jesse and just how the Jackson town runs, how they deal with threats etc. I'd love to see the Scars and WLFs fleshed out more, the Scars would be insane. idrc about the Rattlers they just seem like a throwaway bandit group which is fine I don't feel the need to spend to much time with them. If they find a way to introduce spores that would be really cool and a closer look at the origin of the Rat King would be amazing.

One thing I'd really love to see that was never in the games but was an original concept

Reveal hidden contents

Abby-Meets-Joel.jpg  

Abby infiltrating Jackson could add so much suspense. For those that know Abby and for those that don't having a character you seemingly like and then have this drastic turn could work really well. She could even go by a different name at first so the viewers aren't certain of who she is. Also Abby actually having a proper conversation with Joel rather than their paths just crossing in an instant, she could even find herself liking him a little and seeing that he is a decent guy but the fact that she still chooses to go through with it and leave behind a life of safety and community at the Jackson town could make it even more impactful. And rather than Ellie chasing a ghost the entire show, it being someone that was right under their nose, someone they allowed and trusted in their town could a bunch of trust issues for not only Ellie but Maria, Tommy etc

Even though I loved Part II and in some ways preferred it over Part I, I think it’s going to benefit majorly by being turned into a TV show.

The scene above in the game wasn’t emotional at all. It was still a great scene in the game, but it was mostly just an action scene. I didn’t expect them to add the Sarah flashback to really show Joel’s PTSD and it actually really choked me up. The fact they’ve taken scenes like that and made them even stronger in the show, makes me think we’re in extremely good hands when it comes to them adapting Part II. 

They’ve given me no reason to doubt them so far, so I can’t wait. I never in a million years would have thought they would have changed Bill and Franks story the way they did, so it leaves me hopeful for how they’ll adapt Part II. 

On 2/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, HabbGaga said:

Do you guys have any hopes for part 2?

For me I'd like to see the timeline be more linear. Which I think will happen bc the structure of part 2 just wouldn't work for a tv show. I'd love to see the space between part 1 and part 2 expanded upon specifically more Joel, Tommy, Maria, Dina, Jesse and just how the Jackson town runs, how they deal with threats etc. I'd love to see the Scars and WLFs fleshed out more, the Scars would be insane. idrc about the Rattlers they just seem like a throwaway bandit group which is fine I don't feel the need to spend to much time with them. If they find a way to introduce spores that would be really cool and a closer look at the origin of the Rat King would be amazing.

One thing I'd really love to see that was never in the games but was an original concept

Reveal hidden contents

Abby-Meets-Joel.jpg  

Abby infiltrating Jackson could add so much suspense. For those that know Abby and for those that don't having a character you seemingly like and then have this drastic turn could work really well. She could even go by a different name at first so the viewers aren't certain of who she is. Also Abby actually having a proper conversation with Joel rather than their paths just crossing in an instant, she could even find herself liking him a little and seeing that he is a decent guy but the fact that she still chooses to go through with it and leave behind a life of safety and community at the Jackson town could make it even more impactful. And rather than Ellie chasing a ghost the entire show, it being someone that was right under their nose, someone they allowed and trusted in their town could a bunch of trust issues for not only Ellie but Maria, Tommy etc

After this ep, I'm sure they would do Part 2 justice.

They just need to do like 1 ep dedicated to Abby's side of the story. Her whole life with the people that die and explain their motivations before going into that scene.

Edited by Rep2000

44 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Guys, let's keep Part II discussions inside spoiler tags ([ spoiler][ /spoiler] without the spaces) please :bird:

I don’t think I’ve posted any spoilers, as I try to be mindful of that, but I did mention something quite small about Part II on this page, so I’ve put it inside the spoiler tags just in case. :gaycat4:

Although Linda Ronstadt won’t receive any kind of windfall for landing her breakthrough 1970 hit “Long Long Time” in the latest episode of HBO’s The Last of Us, the singer tells Billboard: “I still love the song and I’m very glad that Gary will get a windfall.” She’s referring to Gary White, the songwriter who first played it for Ronstadt in 1969.

After the episode aired Jan. 29, Spotify tweeted that streams jumped 4,900% between 11 p.m. and midnight; across all services, the track’s on-demand streaming increased from 8,000 the day before the episode to 149,000 the day after, according to Luminate. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer hasn’t seen the episode, but first heard about the synch deal when her manager, John Boylan, told her after a friend informed him about it. “I don’t follow social media or streaming services very closely,” Ronstadt says by email.

Legend :clap3: 

Edited by Hector

Looking at the demographic of who's been rating ep 3 on iMDB. (7.9/10)

Majority is coming from Non-US and lowest scored is coming from mostly males in age group 30-44. 

Intresting. Almost 30k has voted 1 star representing 29% of the votes.

Has Joel ever been linked to a woman before? Maybe Sarah was adopted and Tess was his f4ghag. Neil Druckman, make this canon. :loki:

Last Of Us parody in new SNL promo:

Daddy is serving :jonny5: 

41 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Has Joel ever been linked to a woman before? Maybe Sarah was adopted and Tess was his f4ghag. Neil Druckman, make this canon. :loki:

Spoiler

Neil on Sarah's mother: "The backstory was that she left Joel after Sarah was born. Not someone he looked up to to keep a picture around."

Just noticed on my 3rd rewatch, in between tears that the shirt Joel puts on after his shower is the one Frank was wearing during his argument with Bill :weeps:

So far my only criticism of the show is them not showing us Joel showering. 

1 hour ago, Wrecked said:

Well, it’s over ladies!

nnnn i saw this today when i was at work 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:35 PM, Sexyzinger said:

This episode was so boring. So much filler. @Walk_Away21 won this week I fear.

I wouldn’t necessarily say boring per se. It was a solid episode but I do think the girls are doing too much with the praise in here. :celestial5:

1 hour ago, rp662 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say boring per se. It was a solid episode but I do think the girls are doing too much with the praise in here. :celestial5:

Give them a week till their emotions have settled and let’s see 

Last Of Us Episode 3 Review Bombed Despite Widespread Acclaim

PUBLISHED 13 HOURS AGO

The Last Of Us episode 3 is suffering from review-bombing despite having achieved widespread acclaim for depicting Frank and Bill's love story.

https://screenrant.com/last-of-us-episode-3-imdb-review-bombed/

The Last Of Us Episode 3 Review Bombed Because Gays Exist

PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

The Last of Us' episode is all about Bill and Frank falling in love, so of course the internet is big mad.

https://www.thegamer.com/the-last-of-us-hbo-episode-3-review-bombed-bill-frank-gay/\

Lol "because gays exists"

Edited by bjorn

21 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

After this ep, I'm sure they would do Part 2 justice. They just need to do like 1 ep dedicated to Abby's side of the story. Her whole life with the people that die and explain their motivations before going into that scene.

its packed into 2 seasons. im willing to bet the perspectives switch from ellie to abby (with a few episodes dedicated to joel/probably the first 3 or whatnot).

im still firm on the reasoning that abby should be the lead for the first few episodes, flesh out her dad and make the dad the sarah of s2 but have him die in like episode 3 with a joel reveal to really reframe the story.

ellie and the conflict should be on the backend of the season with joel's death being the s2 finale. the entirety of s3 can then be ellie's revenge story.

the audience needs to be endeared to abby, have them empathize with her so that the twist is less in your face but more conflicting.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:09 AM, Topmaster 2 said:

The last time I cried in TV Show was in Grey's Anatomy but TLOU made me cry again with this iconic episode... and I think (if you played the game like me) More tears will come soon enough :jonny2:

was this george's death? :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

streaming a long long time by linda ronstadt :chick3:

same here. Crying all over again

4 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

its packed into 2 seasons. im willing to bet the perspectives switch from ellie to abby (with a few episodes dedicated to joel/probably the first 3 or whatnot).

im still firm on the reasoning that abby should be the lead for the first few episodes, flesh out her dad and make the dad the sarah of s2 but have him die in like episode 3 with a joel reveal to really reframe the story.

ellie and the conflict should be on the backend of the season with joel's death being the s2 finale. the entirety of s3 can then be ellie's revenge story.

the audience needs to be endeared to abby, have them empathize with her so that the twist is less in your face but more conflicting.

Don't they want us to hate Abby at first, though? The story's set up that way because we come into it way biased for Ellie and then see her slowly descend into madness/revenge and become a worse person while we start off hating Abby and then growing to see her humanized and empathize with her more. It seemed pretty purposeful that they start out on opposite ends to us as viewers but Ellie becomes less likable and Abby more until they meet in the middle and by the end we just feel bad for them both. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.