• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

7 hours ago, Lovett said:

Im surprised they didn’t pick someone Jewish. But I enjoyed Isabela in Dora and trust Craig Mazin. 

• 3 weeks later...

oh good. no druckman directed ep please. the second ep done by him was a FLOP i fear. 

Did anyone checkout the Lost Levels in Part II's remastered? 

I wish they kept The Boar Hunt. The ending of that level was such a good moment. Out of the three levels, that was the one I feel would have added a lot to the main story. I can see why the other two got cut though. 

I would have liked to have seen any Lost Levels from Abby's side though. 

On 1/27/2024 at 10:13 AM, Liafen said:

oh good. no druckman directed ep please. the second ep done by him was a FLOP i fear. 

Nah that episode was good, it captured how terrifying a Clicker was. Plus he wrote the Left Behind episode which was phenomenal and Storm Reid won an Emmy for it. 

Also him and Craig are coming back to direct. 7 directors total same as last season. 

Edited by D_Man3379

2 hours ago, Lovett said:

:WAP:

She’s officially confirmed per Deadline. Rumors are circulating she might play a Seraphite leader. 

:duca: 

Unrelated to the HBO show but The Last of Us Part 3 is officially in the concept phase at Naughty Dog. Neil Druckmann announced it at the end of the Grounded documentary for TLOU2 that premiered today. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Unrelated to the HBO show but The Last of Us Part 3 is officially in the concept phase at Naughty Dog. Neil Druckmann announced it at the end of the Grounded documentary for TLOU2 that premiered today. 

HBO said you better give us more content to go at least 5 seasons

:ryan3:

• Confused 1

The Man Who

The Grounded II: Making The Last of Us™ Part II documentary was phenomenal in every sense of the word. I have never and will never feel as much love as I do for another IP ever again. It was sad seeing how much the Part II leaks affected the entire team and some of the stuff people were Tweeting was so unhinged. I actually deactivated my Twitter when the leaks started to come out and I’ve never gone back since. I hated seeing something I was so unbelievably excited for, being torn to shreds by bigots. I’m glad that once the actual game came out, the positivity / acclaim became a lot louder. Part II is the best game I’ve ever played and I’m so excited / nervous to see how they adapt it for television. 

I’m not sure if the news about S2 being 7 episodes is true, but that does surprise me as the game is much bigger than the first one and offers / encourages more expansion. I was thinking last night, that if that episode count is true, we might be getting longer episodes. I have complete faith in Neil and Craig and after how much of a success the first series was, they’re not going to screw this up. 

I can’t wait to see people’s views in here once the episodes start to air, as I’m intrigued to see what people who haven’t played the games think of certain storylines. 

• Like 1

The Man Who
On 1/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, Cottonmouth said:

Did anyone checkout the Lost Levels in Part II's remastered? 

I wish they kept The Boar Hunt. The ending of that level was such a good moment. Out of the three levels, that was the one I feel would have added a lot to the main story. I can see why the other two got cut though. 

I would have liked to have seen any Lost Levels from Abby's side though. 

I completely agree! Although I enjoyed all of the Lost Levels, The Boar Hunt felt like a missed opportunity. I have a feeling we’ll see it in the television adaption though, because it reminded me a lot of Joel’s PTSD flashback from When You’re Lost in the Darkness

On 2/4/2024 at 2:31 AM, SmittenCake said:

Oh Hell NO

Just now, bjorn said:

Oh Hell NO

Oh actually realising second game is split up in 2 seasons so 

Two 7 episode parts (14 episodes total) than one 9 episode season. 

22 hours ago, The Man Who said:

I’m not sure if the news about S2 being 7 episodes is true, but that does surprise me as the game is much bigger than the first one and offers / encourages more expansion. I was thinking last night, that if that episode count is true, we might be getting longer episodes. I have complete faith in Neil and Craig and after how much of a success the first series was, they’re not going to screw this up. 

I can’t wait to see people’s views in here once the episodes start to air, as I’m intrigued to see what people who haven’t played the games think of certain storylines. 

I think they're splitting Part II into two seasons for this. Makes sense given the amount of timelines. Personally I think they could have condensed the whole thing into episodes again. 

22 hours ago, The Man Who said:

I completely agree! Although I enjoyed all of the Lost Levels, The Boar Hunt felt like a missed opportunity. I have a feeling we’ll see it in the television adaption though, because it reminded me a lot of Joel’s PTSD flashback from When You’re Lost in the Darkness

That's one aspect of TV series I didn't like. I really didn't like how they incorporated it into the story. 

As someone who didn't really enjoy the first season though, I can't say I'm too really bothered though about the episode count. 

The Man Who
38 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

I think they're splitting Part II into two seasons for this. Makes sense given the amount of timelines. Personally I think they could have condensed the whole thing into episodes again. 

Yeah, it’s been confirmed that they’re doing it over multiple seasons, but I was still expecting another 9/10 episodes per season. I assume they have a reason for making it only 7 and I guess we’ll find out that reason in time. 

41 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

That's one aspect of TV series I didn't like. I really didn't like how they incorporated it into the story. 

That was one of the things I actually preferred about the show. I knew I was going to enjoy the show because Neil was involved and it was HBO, but I was surprised to find myself preferring some things from the television counterpart, such as Joel’s PTSD and Bill and Frank’s story. 

4 hours ago, Lovett said:

:alexz:

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.