The Last of Us | S2 | Teaser Trailer Out!

Hephaestus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

17 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Ellie Williams in the Multiverse of Madness :wanda:

I feel like I'm going to cry during this scene... She seems like she's alone and very scared the whole time and it makes me sad :chick3:

Idk if it’s all TLOU content I’ve been watching but Bella and Pedro look so much alike to me now. Like, they could pass as actual father and daughter. 

29 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

I feel like I'm going to cry during this scene... She seems like she's alone and very scared the whole time and it makes me sad :chick3:

Yeah, it's definitely gonna be emotional. I wish the finale was longer, I'm pretty sure they'll make it work but maybe it'd be even better if they had more time :weeps:

23 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Not the poster from Uncharted 4…

spacer.png

OH MY GOD, I completely forgot about that! :ghostface:

I think the finale will still be great, but every 50 minute episode so far could have easily been 90 minutes. I wonder if we’ll see more feature length episodes in S2, now that the show is a hit? 

12 hours ago, Phantom said:

not anywhere near TWD (early seasons only). I still maintain that. 

i'm enjoying the show a lot but i feel similarly. i would consider part 1 my favourite game ever, and while this is an exceptional game adaption, i just cant see myself saying this is one of my favourite tv shows. don't get me wrong when a new episode drops its a pleasure but i'm not dying in anticipation for the next episode. twd earlier seasons really felt like they were treading new territory, a dramatic character driven zombie series with a stellar ensemble and the game similarly felt like it was treading new ground. i've realized while the story felt revolutionary for the game world when you break it down into the tv format its quite simple.

i guess for me the pacing is moving so quickly which normally is a good thing but in this situation having had the apocalyptic genre evoke these kinds of emotions from me before i find here there really isn't enough time for me to connect with the characters, the world and the story around them in the way that i would like. im nowhere near as attached to tv joel as i was game joel. i just havent spent enough time with him. tho i do love tv ellie, they really lucked out with bella. i think the best way to describe my issues with the pacing is in this most recent episode with david. him being a 1 and done villain, it makes total sense in the way they've chosen to tell this story but hes not going to hold the same impact he had in the game when you spent hours going through his storyline. opening up a storyline and wrapping it up within an episode or 2 before its on to the next major thing doesn't hit as hard.. maybe they could have broken it up with more of the action elements of the game and more interactions between ellie and joel i'm not sure but then you would probably have people complaining that its dragged out. overall its a great show, it ticks all the boxes and i'll be seated every week i'm just not as invested as i thought i would be and that could always change.

This is the only show I’ve watched that has me legit teary eyed every single episode. I’ve never felt so invested before. :chick3:

2 hours ago, The Witch said:

Nothing has topped Episode 5 so far. Hopefully the finale slayss :duca:  @Leptine

8th episode also was a collapse :jonny5:

Other than episode 3 this was the only 10 episode. They stuck to the game pretty closely and what they added was incredible (I wont spoil anything). :jonny5:I am READY for season 2. Queen Abby is COMING. 

I couldn’t sleep so ended up watching the finale before tomorrow and it was perfect! Everything I hoped would happen and more.

Spoiler

It was amazing getting to see Anna and having Ellie’s backstory explained. She’s mentioned in the game, but the show definitely fleshed her out more and it was a great way of showing why Ellie is immune. THE GIRAFFE SCENE! - that is such a pivotal moment in the video game and it was done to perfection. The ending to the video game is chilling and that exact atmosphere was captured here. The final parts with Joel taking Ellie from the hospital / killing Marlene was practically copy and pasted in the best way possible. Also, Laura Bailey (Abby) played one of the nurses in the operating room. 

It is going to be a long wait for S2 but I am so excited to see them tackle Part II. This has been such a surreal 9 weeks as I can’t believe I’ve got to experience my favourite video game in live action. Seeing so many people talking about it has been bizarre in a good way, as even though the video game was huge, I didn’t really know that many people who played it, whereas practically my whole family and friend circle have been watching and loving the show. 

the finale was just perfect, even though I knew what would happen I still got teary eyed, man I love these characters so much, re-living part II in live action format will be brutal :deadbanana2:

this was the most videogame-y episode if that makes sense

this ep Joel gave me the big ick 

:sorry:[\spoiler]

• ATRL Moderator

Joel a dum-dum.

I felt so conflicted with this episode :wanda:

Pretty fantastic if only a little rushed. 

Boy I can't wait for Season 2. Part 2 will be one hell of an adaptation. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.