• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

This TV series is fantastic but we need more scenes with the Infected :chick3:

Best episode after episode 3. Finally a fan of Ellie. This was her episode to shine’

On 3/5/2023 at 10:26 PM, Hector said:

The way David really was a russian doll of an evil character: from preacher to cannibal to pedophile to rapist :mazen:

I feel like I missed something. Can someone explain this?

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I feel like I missed something. Can someone explain this?

He was about to rape Ellie when he had her pinned down. He was reaching down to unbutton his pants when she got hold of the knife and cancelled his plans.

• ATRL Moderator

The review bombing we're about to see for like all of seasons 2 and 3 :skull: I'm already annoyed just thinking about it. Watch the show peak in popularity with S1.

Bella ate this ep. An amazing performance. 

spacer.png

Also did anyone hear a clicker when she was looking for the deer? I was so confused when one didn’t turn up :rip: 

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

The review bombing we're about to see for like all of seasons 2 and 3 :skull: I'm already annoyed just thinking about it. Watch the show peak in popularity with S1.

Why? 

Do they only submit one episode for the acting awards? Because Bella is spoilt for choice at this point.

4FA07593-192C-40A9-A0ED-E421CBB553D3.thu

It looks like the last episode is a short one, and I'm assuming it ends the same way the first game ends, so I hope they don't rush that ending. It's arguably the most important episode/chapter/section of the entire story. One episode should be enough but I do think it should be a longer episode.

19 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

Do they only submit one episode for the acting awards? Because Bella is spoilt for choice at this point.

4FA07593-192C-40A9-A0ED-E421CBB553D3.thu

It looks like the last episode is a short one, and I'm assuming it ends the same way the first game ends, so I hope they don't rush that ending. It's arguably the most important episode/chapter/section of the entire story. One episode should be enough but I do think it should be a longer episode.

To be fair…

Spoiler

All they have to do now is walk to the hospital and that’s it. It looks like they’re deviating a bit because you see a flashbang being thrown in the trailer, but I think that could be the Fireflies and that’s how they’ll end up in the hospital. I don’t think they’ll do the big water scene like they did in the game. 

So 43 mins should be more than enough to wrap the game up whilst also giving us some new / extended material. 

The one thing I’m really curious about is…

Spoiler

Whether or not they’ll actually show Abby’s father. Because I’m assuming he’ll show up again in future seasons during flashbacks, so it’ll be cool if they use the same actor. But, if they make him keep his mask on like they did in the game, they could cast anybody for S2. 

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

Why? 

To say why would involve having to post huge spoilers. I have to assume you asking why means you haven’t played Part II because if you had, it should be quite clear what would cause review bombing giving how some biggots reacted to episodes 3 and 7.

But Part II was amazing and I can’t wait for the people who haven’t played the games to meet some of the new characters heading your way.  

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

See, this one is tricky because…

Spoiler

Game of Thrones killed off main characters all the time and their ratings just grew and grew. So I don’t think Joel being killed off will necessarily be the death sentence for this show. Considering how ******* good Part II is. It’s also incredibly ballsy and that type of stuff actually gets a lot of people more invested because nobody is safe. I think it’s part of the reason GOT blew up so much. 

Part II is also SO GOOD. And there’s so many great characters and locations on the way. I’m also pretty sure the budget will be even bigger based on the success of S1, so we are eating good. :bird:

Last episode truly had me shook, the show has been a continuing growing since the start, amazing, excellent :clap3:

Bella Ramsey deserves an Emmy and I'm sure she secured it with the last episode :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

See, this one is tricky because…

Reveal hidden contents

Game of Thrones killed off main characters all the time and their ratings just grew and grew. So I don’t think Joel being killed off will necessarily be the death sentence for this show. Considering how ******* good Part II is. It’s also incredibly ballsy and that type of stuff actually gets a lot of people more invested because nobody is safe. I think it’s part of the reason GOT blew up so much. 

Part II is also SO GOOD. And there’s so many great characters and locations on the way. I’m also pretty sure the budget will be even bigger based on the success of S1, so we are eating good. :bird:

I just meant cause of

Spoiler

homophobia :redface: If the two lowest rated eps on IMDB in S1 are the ones that are explicitly queer, we can assume the later seasons will also get low ratings regularly. 

That said, I do think the show has focused a bit more on Bella than Pedro so far, which is probably a smart decision so the audience doesn't jump ship in S2 nnnnnn.

The episode was mostly flawless, the only thing I did not like was  2 changes they made from the game, the part where Ellie and David are fighting infected was  completely  omitted, and Joel did not stop her during that ending moment and instead they just met outside, because that moment was just so powerful

Anyway I am so excited to see how people who have not played the games and are not spoiled will react to the ending, like to this day it's still my favourite ending to a mainstream modern piece of fiction ever :jonny5:

46 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I just meant cause of

Hide contents

homophobia :redface: If the two lowest rated eps on IMDB in S1 are the ones that are explicitly queer, we can assume the later seasons will also get low ratings regularly. 

That said, I do think the show has focused a bit more on Bella than Pedro so far, which is probably a smart decision so the audience doesn't jump ship in S2 nnnnnn.

Spoiler

Well that’ll definitely happen with characters like Lev, but I try not to think about that stuff as he’s a great character and this world isn’t for bigots, so they just need to stop watching. Those episodes got review bombed by idiots but the viewership spoke a different story as episode 3 was the biggest episode at the time and episode 8 is currently the most viewed episode. So the GP clearly don’t care about the fact gay people are in the show because more and more people are tuning in each week. 

39 minutes ago, M!X said:

The episode was mostly flawless, the only thing I did not like was  2 changes they made from the game, the part where Ellie and David are fighting infected was  completely  omitted, and Joel did not stop her during that ending moment and instead they just met outside, because that moment was just so powerful

Anyway I am so excited to see how people who have not played the games and are not spoiled will react to the ending, like to this day it's still my favourite ending to a mainstream modern piece of fiction ever :jonny5:

Although I love that infected scene in the game it didn’t really serve any purpose to the story so I can see why it wasn’t included. If the episode was 90 minutes, then they could have definitely included it, but given their 50 minute run time, it made sense to cut it out. I also love that scene in the game, but realistically, given the state Ellie was in, if Joel had tried to intervene he would have been slashed as well, so it did make more sense for them to reunite after she had dropped the weapon etc

I finally binged this in two days and….wow. Some next level amazing tv. That last episode was :clap3: and no I’ve never played the game and don’t even want to, but wow :clap3:

4 hours ago, Wrecked said:

To be fair…

Hide contents

All they have to do now is walk to the hospital and that’s it. It looks like they’re deviating a bit because you see a flashbang being thrown in the trailer, but I think that could be the Fireflies and that’s how they’ll end up in the hospital. I don’t think they’ll do the big water scene like they did in the game. 

So 43 mins should be more than enough to wrap the game up whilst also giving us some new / extended material. 

The one thing I’m really curious about is…

Hide contents

Whether or not they’ll actually show Abby’s father. Because I’m assuming he’ll show up again in future seasons during flashbacks, so it’ll be cool if they use the same actor. But, if they make him keep his mask on like they did in the game, they could cast anybody for S2. 

I don't mind if they skip the water scene and if the way they arrive at the hospital is changed to fit the show, the main 'action' sequence should obviously be when Joel escapes with Ellie so they don't really need another climactic scene. But I do hope they have the giraffe scene at least.

I was kind of hoping we would see more of Marlene and the Fireflies throughout the season and that would be one way the show might be different to the game, but they definitely need to spend some time with them in this finale just to add to the significance of what Joel decides to do. Maybe the flashbacks and the 'new' scenes they're adding will help with that.

I could see them doing the "What would you do if it was Abby?" scene, just without Abby if they haven't cast her yet.

1 hour ago, Marla Singer said:

Hide contents

I don't mind if they skip the water scene and if the way they arrive at the hospital is changed to fit the show, the main 'action' sequence should obviously be when Joel escapes with Ellie so they don't really need another climactic scene. But I do hope they have the giraffe scene at least.

I was kind of hoping we would see more of Marlene and the Fireflies throughout the season and that would be one way the show might be different to the game, but they definitely need to spend some time with them in this finale just to add to the significance of what Joel decides to do. Maybe the flashbacks and the 'new' scenes they're adding will help with that.

I could see them doing the "What would you do if it was Abby?" scene, just without Abby if they haven't cast her yet.

Spoiler

We’ve seen foreshadowing for the giraffe scene such as a giraffe plush toy being in episode 2 and I’m pretty sure episode 6 also featured a giraffe painting. The only thing that I’m confused about is before the show came out an article was posted that mentioned the show was going to feature a new infected type, so either that was scrapped or it’s coming up in the finale. Neil also worried that the new infected was ‘too cute’ so could that possibly be what replaces the giraffe scene? I guess we’ll see. Although I definitely want them to stick with a giraffe. It’s just so iconic. 

I personally wasn’t expecting more scenes from the Fireflies because once you take Ellie from Marlene you don’t really see from them again until the end of the game when you actually remember that was the entire point of the game lol. The relationship between Ellie and Joel definitely takes over. 

I’m intrigued to know whether or not Ashley Johnson is playing Ellie’s mother as that seems to be the theory online going off the trailers, but it’s all just speculation at this point. It would be poetic though. 

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

I finally binged this in two days and….wow. Some next level amazing tv. That last episode was :clap3: and no I’ve never played the game and don’t even want to, but wow :clap3:

Glad you’ve been enjoying it! I can’t believe the finale is on Sunday. It’s came around so fast. 

So I'll be honest...

I started this (properly this time, now that it's finally close to ending) and thought it was quite decent but not amazing, and not anywhere near TWD (early seasons only). I still maintain that. 

But part of this is because a ) I never got to play the game. In 2013 I never had a console, I still really don't. I now play console games at a friend's, sporadically. With that said, I broadly know the story beats and outline. So nothing comes as a major shock to me (yet).

b) I also spent a lot of energy and time discussing TLoU II online, because it was "controversial" to many... So again, I'm kinda oddly positioned about it from a first impressions PoV. 

And as a bonus - wayy back in college, as part of a special course, I actually had a whole ass component about the hostile fungus in the show. :deadbanana:Of course, the real biology of it (in ants).

BUT. THEE episodes 3 & 5 (particularly 5) are imo the highlight of what I've seen so far and I hope the next ones I watch continue the bar :clap3:

Edited by Phantom
Also tangential but the game stans or Sony fanboys are usually insufferable but I'm glad the show has a much more positive community around it.

This really is the water cooler show of the year so far... Literally everyone is talking about it when I go to work on Monday/Tuesday. 

Season 2 could be gigantic. Isn't this already averaging close to HOTD viewership?

Edited by BNF91

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.