The Last of Us | S2 | Teaser Trailer Out!

Hephaestus

Amazing episode :WAP: the tension the dialogue the action :jonny5: all perfectly balanced

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Bella, the Ellie that you are.. :jonny5:

Pedro finally convinced me as Joel this episode when he was interrogating. That daddy yell. :WAP:

The only misses this episode was the lack of infected (also throughout the series), but I guess it was just a pointless gameplay sequence and they wanted to focus more on people. The other miss was the ending, Joel should have been inside the restaurant stopping her.. I feel like that would have hit harder.

Edited by Starshine

My God this episode, I can't believe they packed all that in 45 minutes or so. It was amazing!

David pulling out the cannibal x ephebophile x rapist combo was wild, but I guess it cemented him being a really bad person. I can't really remember much of his game's counterpart, but I will definitely remember this portrayal.

I think here more than in any other episode we finally saw the real, violent Joel. The way he found the strength to do what he needed to do despite being still sick... Whew!

And Ellie, oh Ellie. She was magnificent in this episode, the range she showed was amazing. And the last scene... Chills! Anxiety, savage brutality and tenderness all in just a couple minutes. So good!

Can't wait for finale next week, I'm confident they'll do it justice!

Is that Ellie's mother? It must be, that actress gives videogame's Ellie her voice and appearance. If it turns out that Ellie's immune because her mother got bitten while she's still in the womb 

:jonny5:

with time restraints i see why a lot needed to be cut out but playing this storyline out in the game was definitely more satisfying. it didn't help that i felt david was miscast the entire time nonetheless another great episode and i can't praise bella enough.

This series is amazing, but I really hope they split part II into two seasons. They've cut a lot from the first game, which is understandable, but the second is even more heavy and dense. It definitely needs two seasons imo.

Fantastic episode and Bella once again proved why she is Ellie Williams. 

The interrogation scene and the part in the diner were immaculate and that’s exactly how to make a video game to live action adaption. :clap3:

50 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

This series is amazing, but I really hope they split part II into two seasons. They've cut a lot from the first game, which is understandable, but the second is even more heavy and dense. It definitely needs two seasons imo.

I’ve said this about 5 times now, but it’s been confirmed that it’ll be more than one season. 

11 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I’ve said this about 5 times now, but it’s been confirmed that it’ll be more than one season. 

Oh, excellent.

The way this show follows the game bar for bar but extends the boring parts and removes the action parts :rip:I don't need to see them fighting infected every episode but like they're barely even a threat? :skull:The show viewers are gonna wonder why they even want a cure.

And yeah this episode was good but I've already seen it in the game :rip: Hopefully they'll get more creative with part 2. I saw people worrying how Bella will pull off older Ellie but after today's episode I don't think anyone has doubts :giraffe:

28 minutes ago, rzal said:

And yeah this episode was good but I've already seen it in the game :rip: 

What a weird thing to complain, lmao. You've seen everything in the game already :rip:

1x08

Probably the episode I was looking forward to the most with respect to the game. Personally, I found it amazingly tense, Bella's acting is of raw power. I think she will put everyone on board with this casting call for Ellie. The last 10 minutes are excellent.

Mention for David's actor, more nuanced, benevolent and threatening than in the game. A very strong and well-made impression of The Road. The photo and directing, again a total success. It is gorgeous to watch.

Those who expect more infected will again be disappointed 😂.

Amazing episode, definitely the best of the season.  Bella is EATING.  I had no doubts after how great Lyanna Mormont was, but all my expectations here have been shattered :clap3: 

I just learned that there are only 9 episodes in this season, and not 10?  I'm shocked.  I've never played the games, but it still feels very much like we're in the beginning.  I guess next week they get to wherever it is they're going, they learn the truth about Ellie's immunity, and... there's some sort of resolution?  I don't see how they can wrap everything up in just one more episode but okay...

Another ep with no infected, lol.  I don't really care, but it's funny that there are so, so few of them :rip: 

8 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Amazing episode, definitely the best of the season.  Bella is EATING.  I had no doubts after how great Lyanna Mormont was, but all my expectations here have been shattered :clap3: 

I just learned that there are only 9 episodes in this season, and not 10?  I'm shocked.  I've never played the games, but it still feels very much like we're in the beginning.  I guess next week they get to wherever it is they're going, they learn the truth about Ellie's immunity, and... there's some sort of resolution?  I don't see how they can wrap everything up in just one more episode but okay...

Another ep with no infected, lol.  I don't really care, but it's funny that there are so, so few of them :rip: 

Without spoiling anything, an episode is all they’ll need to wrap up the first game. 

The game feels bigger than the show because there’s so much gameplay in between the cut scenes and most of what we’ve seen adapted into the show, has been the cut scenes. They did this entire section with David in a single episode, whereas in the game it feels much longer because you actually play as Ellie hunting down the deer and there’s a sequence where you and David have to fight against a hoard of infected, including Clickers and a Bloater. Also, it takes much longer before you get captured as you spend awhile sneaking around cabins evading or killing David’s men.

There’s a video on YouTube that compiles all of the cut scenes to make a ‘movie’ and it’s 5 hours worth of footage, whereas the entire game can take around 14 hours to complete. So there’s definitely a big difference when you remove all of the actual gameplay from the story. 

Overall, they’ve done a great job of adapting the game, but I do wish that some episodes would have been longer. This entire arc with David could have easily been two episodes.

Everyone is loving this except the few haters in here it seems :jonny:

This could hit close to 10M this next sunday!

Ugh, this makes me even more annoyed the finale is going up against the Oscars next week. It would do 10M on Sunday alone if that wasn't in the way. :deadbanana4: (It would get to that mark anyway on Monday)

Binged this over the weekend and I'm obsessed :jonny5:

I've never played the game (not a gamer) so it's really interesting and insightful to read the different takes in here.

7 hours ago, dman4life said:

Binged this over the weekend and I'm obsessed :jonny5:

I've never played the game (not a gamer) so it's really interesting and insightful to read the different takes in here.

I love seeing comments like this as TLOU is such a fantastic game and it's nice knowing that non-gamers can finally experience the magic.

Considering this season only has 9 episodes, does anybody else feel like Tess dying felt like it happened AGES ago? It's crazy to think it was only 6 episodes ago. 

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, my family is hooked, tuning in every week :ghostface:this last episode was WHEW something else. 

The way the Gp is eating this up :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.