• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

This is just not up to par with the game for me. And that's okay. But some things just get lost in game-to-TV translation - and the self-containted magic of Left Behind is another example of things falling short of the original. It's a steady adaptation but I cannot feel as engaged with the show somehow. E.g. Joel's injury, for the most part, was ridiculously underdone, the weight of it is just holds so much more pressure and almost has a sickening effect in the game. 

10 hours ago, Wrecked said:

“Those Clickers were such little *******, I almost broke a nail.” 

spacer.png

Random stuff — Madison from Zombieland 2

I'm kinda surprised they dedicated the whole episode to DLC that wasn't even in the main game story :deadbanana:I mean 20 minutes would be enough :gaycat2:

On 2/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, BNF91 said:

I really hope Neil doesn't allow Craig to get involved with any development on TLOU3. 

Episode 7 is the only one that doesn't have Craig writing it.

Ellie literally reads another young girl’s diary and thinks the way she talks and what she cares about are bizarre - she grew up in a totally different world. Expecting her to be just like an average teen that we know of through the experiences of real life makes no sense :dies:

and that’s ignoring the fact that teen girls aren’t a monolith

3 hours ago, mystery said:

Episode 7 is the only one that doesn't have Craig writing it.

I'm not talking about this recent episode specifically. I actually really enjoyed this one. But as a whole; his TV influence on the property, I don't want it anywhere near the third game. 

There's almost like a "watered-down ness" to the show. The game shows more conviction and consistency in tone, characters, plot, etc. 

19 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Ellie literally reads another young girl’s diary and thinks the way she talks and what she cares about are bizarre - she grew up in a totally different world. Expecting her to be just like an average teen that we know of through the experiences of real life makes no sense :dies:

and that’s ignoring the fact that teen girls aren’t a monolith

Especially after society has broken down and all those mechanisms of modern culture are essentially nonexistent now. 

Episode 7 has been the biggest episode to date on HBO and the first episode to crack a million viewers. This isn’t including HBO Max viewers. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Episode 7 has been the biggest episode to date on HBO and the first episode to crack a million viewers. This isn’t including HBO Max viewers. 

spacer.png

Oh wow :eek:

14 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

spacer.png

source :jonnycat:

29 minutes ago, bjorn said:

source :jonnycat:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-sunday-2-26-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

HBO’s THE LAST OF US continued its notable rise, up 0.09 to a new high 0.37”

It also got 1.08 million live viewers, up from previous series high 991K. :bird:

Edited by Wrecked

another excellent episode

i've noticed the two gay episodes got tanked on imdb and i'm assuming it's because of that or maybe bc they weren't part of the main storyline? but idk why you'd watch this show for non stop action or whatever when it's fairly slow paced anyway

HBO live viewers so far:

1X01 = 588K

1X02 = 633K

1X03 = 747K

1X04 = 991K

1X05 = 382K

1X06 = 841K

1X07 = 1.08 million 

So even though the bulk of this shows viewership comes from HBO Max, it’s still impressive that’s it’s managed to achieve a series high of live viewers 7 weeks in. :heart: :clap3:

18 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

another excellent episode

i've noticed the two gay episodes got tanked on imdb and i'm assuming it's because of that or maybe bc they weren't part of the main storyline? but idk why you'd watch this show for non stop action or whatever when it's fairly slow paced anyway

I think most of it is from bigots who never played the game. Left Behind was initially a DLC you had to pay for back in 2013, but the remastered edition that came out in 2014 for PS4 had it included for free and so does the remake from last year. 

I can’t imagine that there would be a big portion of the fanbase who haven’t played Left Behind. These people should have just stopped watching after episode 3 because if you’re homophobic, TLOU isn’t for you. Period. 

I can’t wait for the meltdowns when…

Spoiler

Lev (trans character) is introduced.

Edited by Wrecked

4 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I think most of it is from bigots who never played the game. Left Behind was initially a DLC you had to pay for back in 2013, but the remastered edition that came out in 2014 for PS4 had it included for free and so does the remake from last year. 

I can’t imagine that there would be a big portion of the fanbase who haven’t played Left Behind. These people should have just stopped watching after episode 3 because if you’re homophobic, TLOU isn’t for you. Period. 

I can’t wait for the meltdowns when…

Hide contents

Lev (trans character) is introduced.

i was surprised there was backlash cause i didn't expect homophobes to even watch the show, I thought it was common knowledge that Ellie is revealed to be gay but maybe some of them only played the first game and none of the dlcs or were hoping it'd be omitted from the show :michael: but after watching ep 3 i kinda got why they were fuming cause i can't remember the last time an entire episode of a show was devoted to a gay storyline like that and now we have two :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Wrecked said:

HBO live viewers so far:

1X01 = 588K

1X02 = 633K

1X03 = 747K

1X04 = 991K

1X05 = 382K

1X06 = 841K

1X07 = 1.08 million 

So even though the bulk of this shows viewership comes from HBO Max, it’s still impressive that’s it’s managed to achieve a series high of live viewers 7 weeks in. :heart: :clap3:

Do we know the streaming numbers?

Never played the game but this ep gave strong DLC vibes and I'm glad I was correct :clap3: 

Another amazing episode and it featured a heavy gay storyline again. The gays, their power :clap3: 

I'm sorry what the ****? I just caught up with the episode and it was incredible. I don't get why anyone is hating on this (though one very obvious reason comes to mind).

This was beautifully done especially on the acting front, they sold that infatuation awkwardness well and the chemistry was off the charts. I loved how the entire episode felt like a quiet intimate night out with your friend while we as the viewer had that dread that something would go terribly wrong.

I thought that adding the scene with the infected was a great choice to add an uneasy element where while we do see them finally kiss and openly admit their feelings for one another we also know that something else is coming. Great choice. It would be lame for that one lone infected to just burst in out of nowhere and be done with in a minute.

I cried more than on Episode 3. This was also a great way to explore Ellie's character and her motivations deeper and adds a lot of layers to her previous dialogues and behaviour.

Edited by mystery

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

I'm sorry what the ****? I just caught up with the episode and it was incredible. I don't get why anyone is hating on this (though one very obvious reason comes to mind).

People expected an action zombie show and instead got a show about humans in a post-apocalyptic world. 

The ‘boring’ comments are so weird to me as no episode has felt boring and I’ve never experienced 50 minute / hour long episodes fly by so fast before. The way I’m gripped from the very first second is crazy. 

TLOU is just that good. :clap3:

Edited by Wrecked

TLOU is one of my favorite gaming franchises. I love Part 1, and Part 2 is one of the best games ever.

I'm absolutely loving the show because I'm kinda seperating thee show with the game. It will never be like the game, people should accept this. The show in itself is so amazingly done.

Can't wait for the last two episodes. Waiting for season 2 is going to be hellll

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.