• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

Also, I really like Left Behind's ending but I always wished they showed us more. I was kinda expecting they'd expand on it a little to show us what happened when Riley turned but Ellie didn't, especially after all the stuff they added to Bill/Frank and Sam/Henry's stories in the TV show.

This! :giraffe:

I loved the episode but I think this might be the first episode where the game version felt truly superior. They did do some great game-to-show adaptions, but I really wish we got the water gun fight and the brick throwing contest. I assume they just couldn’t find a way to fit those parts into a 50 minute episode. I feel like this episode would benefit from an extended cut. 

I think showing the Clicker to the audience was also a strange choice because it would have felt more shocking if we didn’t think there were any infected in there. 

48 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I loved the episode but I think this might be the first episode where the game version felt truly superior. They did do some great game-to-show adaptions, but I really wish we got the water gun fight and the brick throwing contest. I assume they just couldn’t find a way to fit those parts into a 50 minute episode. I feel like this episode would benefit from an extended cut. 

I think showing the Clicker to the audience was also a strange choice because it would have felt more shocking if we didn’t think there were any infected in there. 

Thinking about this more now that my thoughts have settled, I can understand a bit more why they excluded those scenes as in the game it’s gameplay, but when I think about Left Behind I automatically think about the water gun fight and this…

spacer.png

So it just feels weird to not have them in the  show. 

Did anybody else get chills at the start of the episode when Ellie told Joel to stfu? Bella’s acting was a 10/10 :heart:

55 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I feel like if they had waited to reveal the infected in the last minute would've had a nice shock value, but for me showing him early on added such an underlying tension and dread knowing that this happy moment they were having was doomed and it would turn into tragedy at any minute. It would've been a good decision either way.

23 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Yeah, I agree. I had the same impression with last week's episode (Jackson/University sections). I think there's really no way you can make up for the amount of time you get to spend with characters in the videogame and while they did a great job, they truly did, it still feels like there's something missing. But this is a gamer's point of view, people who haven't played probably enjoyed it as it is.

That infected shot is truly mind boggling though. Like I get if they put it to build tension, but part of the appeal of the DLC's ending was how unexpected the attack was, plus it was on a much larger scale. Come thinking of it it's kinda weird that was the only infected in the whole mall. Really weird decision in my opinion.

Came here to say the Storm is an A+ actress! I was meh about her in her previous projects but she has grown tremendously!  I can see her eating up Oscars if she plays her cards right!

Bella is totally killing it. Amazing performance as Ellie. 

Episode 7 was good. But I feel myself saying this for every episode since the 3rd. Just, good. Something is always missing or slightly off. 

They don't hold a candle to the games IMO. 

I really hope Neil doesn't allow Craig to get involved with any development on TLOU3. 

Ngl, I kinda didn't like this episode, I know it shows some background from Ellie but gosh, I was bored at times :rip: 

Bella Ramsey deserves all the awards. Her performance is just phenomenal. I rarely say this about anyone, if at all, but she's a generational talent.

Bella stole nearly any scene she was in on Game Of Thrones, but she only had a small role so I didn't realise just how good she was or could be. Give her ALL the awards!

the way the homophobes keep losing with this show :clap3:

another really good episode, why was I almost tearing up at the ending :gaycat7:

17 hours ago, Weld_E said:

As someone who didn’t play the games,

I find the show is good but definitely overrated. Ellie’s dialogue is cringey most times and maybe it’s because both dhow creators are men, but I feel like she’s written as a prepubescent boy.

your first statement explains the second part :dies:

it's a spot on adaptation.

28 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

your first statement explains the second part :dies:

it's a spot on adaptation.

I would find the dialogue just as cringey in the game so my second statement would still stand. It just highlights the creators lack of knowledge on how young girls converse. 

6 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I would find the dialogue just as cringey in the game so my second statement would still stand. It just highlights the creators lack of knowledge on how young girls converse. 

why are you putting young woman in a box? do you know that people are different and act in all sorts of ways, based on how they grow up/their experiences/how they're raised, etc?

4 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

why are you putting young woman in a box? do you know that people are different and act in all sorts of ways, based on how they grow up/their experiences/how they're raised, etc?

That’s just an excuse for lazy writing. There is nothing in Ellie’s past that we’ve seen so far that explains why her dialogue deviates so much from an average girl in her age group.

Edited by Weld_E

11 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

That’s just an excuse for lazy writing. There is nothing in Ellie’s past that we’ve seen so far that explains her dialogue deviates from a girl in her age group.

idk, are you saying two middle aged men aren't good at relating to young girls?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

idk, are you saying two middle aged men aren't good at relating to young girls?

giphy.gif

Yup and it’s painfully obvious in the way they depicted Ellie.

How do teenage girls born and raised in a post apocalyptic world normally converse? :duck:

3 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Yup and it’s painfully obvious in the way they depicted Ellie.

I’m sorry but your reasoning :bibliahh:

5 hours ago, Weld_E said:

That’s just an excuse for lazy writing. There is nothing in Ellie’s past that we’ve seen so far that explains why her dialogue deviates so much from an average girl in her age group.

Ellie wouldn’t be classed as an average or stereotypical girl though. She’s a tomboy. You see this more in Part II when she’s 19. So I don’t know why you’re expecting her to be like Sarah, when her personality is completely different. Believe it or not, but not every girl acts the same. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.