The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, S2 coming in 2025

Hephaestus

2 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

even the brief side characters are so captivating :dies:

She was honestly so adorable! I love the wholesome moments we get as they help cushion all of the pain and trauma. :gaycat6:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Finally watched this and it’s pretty good. I didn’t play the games so I think what threw me off was expecting the show to be more horror. Probably why I haven’t been emotional in times where I should be. More jaw dropping than teary eyes for me. 

I just rewatched the latest episode and it just dawned on me that when Ellie says to Joel that he could have lied to her and she’d have believed it could be a foreshadow for…

Spoiler

the end of the first game.

:gaycat6:

On 2/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, cloudbusting said:

even the brief side characters are so captivating :dies:

This lady was a hoot, I was cracking up at her vague commentary :laugh:

OT:

Why TF didn't they both just stay in that perfect small community? 

17 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

This lady was a hoot, I was cracking up at her vague commentary :laugh:

OT:

Why TF didn't they both just stay in that perfect small community? 

the fact that she gave them food, like that’s just a good soul there :dies:

This had so much potential and I'm sad I'm not that invested. 

Maybe it's because it's so visually boring. Directors need to step up a lil. 

The way I was an emotional MESS by the end of this episode. I loved Riley so much in the DLC. Her relationship with Ellie was just so pure. :cries: This is my second favorite episode after episode 3. :jonny5:

Edited by Helios

An excellent episode,  I loved the chemistry between Bella & Storm Reid,  it was so cute and sweet :heart2: I didn't want that episode to end,  though the clicker scenes were really fun. Great origin story for Ellie.

Loved how Ellie fought her hardest to help Joel survive too :heart2: Emmy noms for both Bella & Storm hopefully.

I had to physically scoot further from my tv in anticipation for the scene in the Halloween store. It’s been so long since I played Left Behind that I knew the outline but was hazy on the details, and I just wasn’t ready emotionally for all of it :jonny6:

As someone who didn’t play the games,

I find the show is good but definitely overrated. Ellie’s dialogue is cringey most times and maybe it’s because both dhow creators are men, but I feel like she’s written as a prepubescent boy.

Loved this episode, they really managed to capture the magic of Left Behind. Some sections were ripped straight out of the videogame and they were simply beautiful.

I really didn't like how they let the viewers know there was an infected though, it felt very Stranger Thing-y.

Also, I really like Left Behind's ending but I always wished they showed us more. I was kinda expecting they'd expand on it a little to show us what happened when Riley turned but Ellie didn't, especially after all the stuff they added to Bill/Frank and Sam/Henry's stories in the TV show.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.