The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, S2 coming in 2025

Hephaestus

We won!

I thought the version I posted sounded different after I rewatched the episode lol. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

This show keeps getting better with every episode. Pedro and Bella should sweep all the awards for that episode alone.

Wish they just stayed at the town with Tommy. :chick3:

Another good episode, Pedro's acting was top-notch and so was Bella's, you know what's that smell? Yeah EMMYs! 

I'm excited for what's next but also worried because the ending of the season is near.

Episode 6 was good but there were parts that just felt off or contrived for me. Not to mention how much they are stuffing into each episode.. really just breakneck pace through Jackson and the University like.. 

That whole Joel bit when he's trying to pawn Ellie off on Tommy just didn't hit for me. 

I like this but omg these last few episodes have been kind of a chore to get through 

I personally don’t need action in every single episode. Just like with the game, you weren’t fighting non-stop, there were plenty of portions where you’d be travelling, looting and having conversations with Ellie and those are the parts of the game people fell in love with as those are the parts that made you fall in love with Ellie and Joel. 

I also think when the action sequences are used, they feel a lot more effective. For example, that entire sequence with the clickers and bloater at the end of episode 5 was incredible and so well done. 

I’m also stumped as to why people wanted Joel to get injured the same way he did in the game when it was completely unrealistic and ridiculous that he survived in the game as there was just no way. His injury in the show at least feels more plausible for him to survive. I could overlook how it played out in the game, because although it was realistic, it was still a game and there was also a lot of game elements where you had to substation your belief. The show seems to be a lot more grounded. 

My heart towards the end :heart2:

19 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

The native/indigenous couple was my fave part of this episode. They were lovely

I ADORED them, i need them back STAT cause they had me cackling :bibliahh:

Edited by Babymomo

20 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

The native/indigenous couple was my fave part of this episode. They were lovely

Loved them, they were so funny!

Just started catching up with this show and I think it's one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Episode 3 had one of the most beautiful depictions of gay characters of any tv show or movie ever. They had a genuine love for each other, they had good moments together and their story ended in a fairly peaceful way.

The acting has been top notch on every episode.

Give this man an Emmy this year! :jonny5: 

Probably my favourite episode so far, Pedro's acting in the scene with Tommy was so good.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:42 AM, Starshine said:

Wow they just breezed through that University and town. :rip: 

Now I can see how they’re fitting everything into one season. It was done well I guess and I was scared too many things would be omitted. I hope Part II is at least 2 seasons long though, there’s too much content.

It makes sense though since most of the time on those places are big action sequences in the damn and against the scavengers. While the episode could have benefited from some action, I am ok with cutting those as 1) it is the damn apocalypse save bullets :rip: and 2) the ai ignores Ellie, having those big shot outs and zombie chases with Ellie just hanging there would be weird.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:42 AM, Starshine said:

Wow they just breezed through that University and town. :rip: 

Now I can see how they’re fitting everything into one season. It was done well I guess and I was scared too many things would be omitted. I hope Part II is at least 2 seasons long though, there’s too much content.

pretty sure it was confirmed that the plan is to break Part II into two seasons!

14 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

pretty sure it was confirmed that the plan is to break Part II into two seasons!

I don’t think they mentioned a specific number, but Craig said it would have to be more than one season. They could honestly do 3/4 more because Part II is big and has plenty of opportunity for expansions. 

13 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I don’t think they mentioned a specific number, but Craig said it would have to be more than one season. They could honestly do 3/4 more because Part II is big and has plenty of opportunity for expansions. 

ah okay, I couldn’t remember specifics but I knew they weren’t cramming it into one. thanks for the clarification!

20 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

They could honestly do 3/4 more because Part II is big and has plenty of opportunity for expansions. 

I think that's a bit much and would make each episode less important. I could see that if they decided to split Part I into 2 seasons but since they kept this condensed, I see them only doing 2 seasons for Part II to keep it high-paced. 

I imagine season 2 will end at the theater scene if they keep the two stories separate or on the scene with Nora if they tell the two stories together (which is what I hope they do).  

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I think that's a bit much and would make each episode less important. I could see that if they decided to split Part I into 2 seasons but since they kept this condensed, I see them only doing 2 seasons for Part II to keep it high-paced. 

I imagine season 2 will end at the theater scene if they keep the two stories separate or on the scene with Nora if they tell the two stories together (which is what I hope they do).  

It’s really hard to say as I personally don’t think 3/4 seasons would make episodes less important because there’s just so much they could expand on from Part II. Craig has already mentioned how he’d love to explore…

Spoiler

The lady from the ‘feel her love’ graffiti. We also don’t see anything to do with Cat or Ellie getting her tattoo removed.

They could expand on several things throughout the game that wouldn’t have made sense in the video game setting (such as Bill and Frank’s story) so if we do get more than 2 seasons, I won’t be shocked. But I have faith in whatever they choose to do. 

I don’t think Part I was big enough to justify 2 seasons, whereas Part II could easily fit into 3 seasons without it feeling stretched out. 

Edited by Wrecked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.