The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, S2 coming in 2025

Hephaestus

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

I'm actually SO SAD they took out the fall :gaycat7: That's literally my favorite part of the game. The whole sequence where you stumble out of the university with the blurred vision had me sweating and crying cause I had no idea what was gonna happen.

okay SAME like I get that it was maybe a bit too video game-y, but it’s iconic imo :gaycat7:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, cloudbusting said:

okay SAME like I get that it was maybe a bit too video game-y, but it’s iconic imo :gaycat7:

I thought it was a very real possibility he wouldn't survive it, but this little stab wound.... It's just not hitting the same :gaycat7:

That scene between Joel and Tommy... oh Pedrito we gon get you that Emmy! :jonny4:

Edited by Gui Blackout

another serve :jonny:

and storm coming next week  :duca: 

The way they are adapting this is just so ******* good :jonny:

Joel's scenes with Tommy & Ellie were powerful this episode. Pedro Pascal's acting has never been better and I hope he comes for the Drama Actor Emmy this year. :clap3: Great episode!

The cliffhanger :eek: And next week's episode looks very Euphoria meets The Last Of Us,  especially with Storm Reid in it. 

godro was really going for the emmy this episode :jonny5:

i'm glad they didn't go for the fall. he was already in bad shape and it never really made sense in the game. there's no way he would've survived falling from a 1st floor and being impaled by a metal bar. also once he was impaled he was just out of it, you can see the fear in his eyes after being stabbed and it just translates way better for tv. every change they've done so far has been perfect.

Edited by Dystopian

• ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

godro was really going for the emmy this episode :jonny5:

i'm glad they didn't go for the fall. he was already in bad shape and it never really made sense in the game. there's no way he would've survived falling from a 10th floor and being impaled by a metal bar. also once he was impaled he was just out of it, you can see the fear in his eyes after being stabbed and it just translates way better for tv. every change they've done so far has been perfect.

He only falls one floor :rip: You can find clips on YouTube to confirm.

I've been on board with all changes too but I really think this is far less effective.

Spoiler

I feel rather confident that no one watching the show who hasn't played the games actually thinks he'll die from this stabbing. We've seen characters survive stabs to the belly in countless shows/movies before. But when I was playing TLoU, I truly thought he might die from the fall and found the whole sequence very moving, thinking it might be my last time playing as Joel. They didn't capture that emotion at all for me here.

3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I've been on board with all changes too but I really think this is far less effective.

Hide contents

I feel rather confident that no one watching the show who hasn't played the games actually thinks he'll die from this stabbing. We've seen characters survive stabs to the belly in countless shows/movies before. But when I was playing TLoU, I truly thought he might die from the fall and found the whole sequence very moving, thinking it might be my last time playing as Joel. They didn't capture that emotion at all for me here.

i meant 1st floor :redface: still nobody would survive that.. a rusty pole going right through him, let's be serious. i can see why it might not as impactful, but he also lost a lot of blood, if you knew nothing about the game i'm sure you'd be convinced.

i will say tho, you'd think he'd know better than to pull out an object once it's impaled you. the whole point of him getting impaled is that he had no choice but to pull himself up or he'd be stuck there. it made no sense for him to pull the bat out. that was a bit of a miss.

Another great episode :clap3:

And theY were ACTING. I was honestly dreading this episode though cause the University part...ugh I was not trying to relieve that again. I don't mind what they did with it though.  

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I'm actually SO SAD they took out the fall :gaycat7: That's literally my favorite part of the game. The whole sequence where you stumble out of the university with the blurred vision had me sweating and crying cause I had no idea what was gonna happen.

Same, I'm so sad the whole university section was cut down to this because it's so iconic. Ugh! :'(

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Hide contents

The change was perfect for the tv show, it´s more realistic and grounded, because let´s be honest, videogame Joel is borderline a marvel superhero that kill enemies left and right and kept up with his tetanus shots :giraffe:

The acting from Pedro and Bella this episode though... Whew, wig on Mars :jonny4:

Particularly the Joel/Tommy and Ellie/Joel sections, they were so good :jonny:

4 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Also, do you think

Reveal hidden contents

the black haired girl in the cafeteria was Dina? 

:eek:

they confirmed it was her on the tlou podcast

So good. I was so ready to be mad at joel for making his brother go with ellie lol.
the dialogue this ep made this of of my favs eps yet :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

they confirmed it was her on the tlou podcast

Work! I didn't expect to see her this season :jonny:

i'm a huge fan of world building so i loved this episode, everything said has so much meaning even the little things. they are really nailing it!

Wow they just breezed through that University and town. :rip: 

Now I can see how they’re fitting everything into one season. It was done well I guess and I was scared too many things would be omitted. I hope Part II is at least 2 seasons long though, there’s too much content.

Another fantastic episode! :clap3:

There was so much great dialogue this episode and I absolutely loved the heart to heart Joel and Tommy had. It felt a lot more impactful than it did in the video game. I wasn't sure if they were going to have Joel get injured like they did in the video game, but I'm glad that they did and I think the way they went about it made perfect sense for this medium. 

Did anybody else notice the appearance of...

Dina in the canteen?

Also, this cover song was amazing and made that entire final sequence even more chilling.

Edited by Wrecked

the way this show keeps delivering, last nights episode was all about ACTING! there was acting to be served and we ate:jonny5:

I wonder who'll they cast as Abby. I hope she'll look just as big

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.