• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

The way most if not all characters we met died within one or two episodes is so twisted but also realistic as hell 

Best episode yet. Yes, I said what I said.

Spoiler

Henry and Sam's demise were sadder in the show. I almost cried during the last talk of Sam and Ellie. And wow, to think that Henry never killed anyone with his own hands and his little brother being the first and only (and of course, technically himself). Love the bloater scene and the nod to its insta kill move in the game. Kathleen was okay, didn't like nor hate the character.

Also

Spoiler

The kid clicker pulling a Ty Lee with her acrobatics skill sksks :bibliahh:

Edited by FailSafe

It was great , another 10/10 episode :clap3:

Loved episode 5. It was sad and action packed.

I really thought Joel & Ellie finally got new companions so the ending was unexpected.

Honestly tgis just keeps getting better and better with each episode lmao.

Another amazing & emotional episode :clap3:

The ellie & sam part at the end really got me. I was actually surprised they incorporated the sniper segment, immediately transported me to that part in the game. 

Also, I loved Kathleen! I wish she was canon as she'd have made for a good villain in the game.

12 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Hide contents

Kathleen‘s journey for revenge panned out. If she would have just forgiven Henry and let him and Sam leave, she wouldn’t have gotten her team and herself killed and doomed the rest of Kansas. Which foreshadows a lot of stuff with Abby and Ellie. 

Oh this is such a good observation....ugh I'm not ready at all. I actually don't want a second season just to not go through all that again :weeps:

4 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Maybe I wouldn't mind getting destroyed by the bloater after all

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4i-P5iSCa_lR2tzl9kW8

:fan:

As someone who has never played the game, i enjoy the show very much. It reminds me of The Walking Dead from time to time but other than that, it's one of the best tv moments of the year.

2 hours ago, Ciel said:

Another amazing & emotional episode :clap3:

The ellie & sam part at the end really got me. I was actually surprised they incorporated the sniper segment, immediately transported me to that part in the game. 

Also, I loved Kathleen! I wish she was canon as she'd have made for a good villain in the game.

Oh this is such a good observation....ugh I'm not ready at all. I actually don't want a second season just to not go through all that again :weeps:

Spoiler

It’s actually so smart of them to already be incorporating that stuff into this world as it’ll feel more natural when it becomes a big theme in seasons to come. Kathleen and Henry were such a parallel to Ellie and Abby  and it’s just got me so excited and also completely scared to see it all get adapted to television. Should I book a therapist now?

I thought the Kathleen scene where she's talking about her brother was a bit shoe horned and took too long really. I get the whole 'cycle of violence' theme and everybody has their reasons, but I feel like its fine to just sometimes have a bad guy and not question it too much

great episode though, the sniper scenes were A+ reminding me of the games. I'm still hoping for a dream sequence where Joel has to do the same section over and over again because he gets killed in different ways, I just think that would be a really funny call back

I much preferred the Sam / Henry scene in the game, it seemed a lot less emotional and anticlimactic to me in the show.

Also I thought it was an interesting choice for Sam to reveal his bite and Ellie try heal it :rip: They could of left that part the same as the game, it didn't really make much sense. 

17 hours ago, Wrecked said:

I’m already seeing them setting up the groundwork for adapting Part II with the way…

Reveal hidden contents

Kathleen‘s journey for revenge panned out. If she would have just forgiven Henry and let him and Sam leave, she wouldn’t have gotten her team and herself killed and doomed the rest of Kansas. Which foreshadows a lot of stuff with Abby and Ellie. 

Omg YES! I am so excited for Seasons 2 and 3 after last episode. The way they are approaching those themes in this show is amazing. People resorting to violent means to protect their family members in an unforgiving post-apocalyptic world - and how the violence just keeps spiraling out of control - I think they are really going to nail the impact of Last of Us 2. 

Really, everyone (or no one) is a villain in this show. Ellie and Joel are the protagonists, but, at the end of the day Kathleen, Sam and Henry aren't doing anything different from Joel and Ellie. They all have their own understandable motives and are given time to explain them.

Edited by Dephira

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

Omg YES! I am so excited for Seasons 2 and 3 after last episode. The way they are approaching those themes in this show is amazing. People resorting to violent means to protect their family members in an unforgiving post-apocalyptic world - and how the violence just keeps spiraling out of control - I think they are really going to nail the impact of Last of Us 2. 

Really, everyone (or no one) is a villain in this show. Ellie and Joel are the protagonists, but, at the end of the day Kathleen, Sam and Henry aren't doing anything different from Joel and Ellie. They all have their own understandable motives and are given time to explain them.

I completely agree. So far, they’ve exceeded my expectations and they’ve been nailing it, so I have no doubt that they’ll be able to deliver when it comes to adapting Part II. I just have no idea how they’re going to approach it, as there’s so many different ways they could. The wait for S2 is going to be excruciating but I’m looking forward to being able to binge watch this season once it’s over. 

Edited by Wrecked

1 hour ago, storminthedark said:

This shot of Henry :monkey:

omfg the direction was so good :chick3:

4 hours ago, eclipsed said:

the little shriek bella let out after THAT happened, best acting on the show thus far.

Omg finally someone mentioned it! It felt so real, almost too real. What an amazing actress she is

13 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Omg finally someone mentioned it! It felt so real, almost too real. What an amazing actress she is

I also mentioned it yesterday in one of my posts. :bird:

Also, people are mentioning it on Twitter:

I am here for the Bella stanning. :clap3:

15 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I also mentioned it yesterday in one of my posts. :bird:

Also, people are mentioning it on Twitter:

I am here for the Bella stanning. :clap3:

Yes we Stan!

This show is going to make me so depressed in the long run.

Is this how it's going to be ? Joel and Ellie going to new places, new great characters are introduced and they die at the end of the episode ? :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.