The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, S2 coming in 2025

Hephaestus

22 hours ago, Starshine said:

Ep 4 was def the weakest, but served it's purpose. That Kathleen character. :rip: 

I can't take her seriously with that naggy voice :bibliahh:, it's like seeing what happens to Karens during an apocalypse. 

She was serving worms for brains :dies:  How did she become the leader of that whole city 

12 hours ago, Starshine said:

You see I find it odd at times. I think this show is phenomenal however I feel like it’s weakest point is the dialogue because it’s a video game in nature. You have phenomenal actors and moments with Tess, Joel, and Ellie and then you have everyone else who acts like NPCs with a quarter of a brain. :skull: I hate that they’re making up side characters like Kathleen because she’s really is serving that one nice English teacher you had in highschool that’s always pregnant trying to be Negan in the show. Like who are you fooling Kathleen. :rip: I can’t wait until we get to actual threatening people. 

the accuracy :bibliahh:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

• ATRL Moderator

Was it just me or was Kathleen a really bad actress? :deadbanana2: The b*****r better kill her off ASAP.

52 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Was it just me or was Kathleen a really bad actress? :deadbanana2: The b*****r better kill her off ASAP.

Interesting cause ppl seem to love her on yellowjackets but she literally plays the same timid character in everything 

• ATRL Moderator

I feel awful for saying this, because I'm sure she's lovely in real life, but Melanie is literally my least favorite part of Yellowjackets, so the second she showed up here I was immediately off put. I can't even truly articulate why I dislike her :rip: but in any case, it's not like it stopped my enjoyment of the show or episode! 

12 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

It's already confirmed to be Look for the Light. Which ties it right back to Episode 1 (When You're Lost in the Darkness)

I did see that on a website but I assumed it wasn’t confirmed because 2 days ago another article was posted with episode air dates and titles and the finale said ‘TBA’ - but Look for the Light will be an amazing title, so hopefully that’s legit!

I don’t understand all of the hate for Melanie / Kathleen, I was really intrigued to know what happened to her brother and how Henry played a part in it. It didn’t even cross my mind once that she was annoying or Karen-like, I just don’t see it… :rip:

Bad acting normally sticks out like a sore thumb to me, but so far, I have no issues with Kathleen. Maybe she’ll grow on most of you next episode when we get to see more of her story play out.

One thing I have noticed that nobody else seems to have picked up on, is that she was the mother of the guy Joel murdered. The guy mentions that his mother is nearby and then even calls out for her when he’s being murdered and when Kathleen sees the bodies, I got the vibe that one of them was closer to her than the other. So I think the last guy Joel killed could be her son. 

53 minutes ago, bjorn said:

OMG it looks so good! Im hyped af

That isn’t the trailer for next week, it shows scenes from next week and the remainder of the season. The trailer for next week is….

• Episode 1: 81 minutes (Confirmed)
  • Episode 2: 53 minutes (Confirmed)
  • Episode 3: 75 minutes (Confirmed)
  • Episode 4: 45 minutes (Confirmed)
  • Episode 5: 59 minutes
  • Episode 6: 59 minutes
  • Episode 7: 56 minutes
  • Episode 8: 51 minutes
  • Episode 9: 43 minutes

Not the finale episode being the shortest :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/8/2023 at 4:40 AM, Wrecked said:

One thing I have noticed that nobody else seems to have picked up on, is that she was the mother of the guy Joel murdered. The guy mentions that his mother is nearby and then even calls out for her when he’s being murdered and when Kathleen sees the bodies, I got the vibe that one of them was closer to her than the other. So I think the last guy Joel killed could be her son. 

I thought this was going to be the case, but I really don't think it is based on her non-reaction :skull: She seems more annoyed than distraught, as I assume she'd be if her CHILD died. She didn't shed a single tear and soon resumed her tour of the city :rip:

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Kansas Cityyyyyy

full of bloaters, infected in the walls....

:coffee:

oof what an episode. love how they reconfigured the sniper section from the game.

so a change from the game if I can remember, sam shows ellie his bit, so doesn't that make ellie a little complicit? She's not THAT young, she should've told Joel/Henry... i'm pretty sure no one knew he was infected in the game until it was too late, so that's an interesting change.

the big fight at the end was great, finally some really good infected action + the bloater oh man

kinda wasted Melanie Lynskey? I'm not sure we really got enough time with her for her character to matter...

Edited by WildAmerican

the entire fight scene until the end might be the best moment in the show so far.

the bloater was kinda outshined by the kid clicker tho, that was unsettling.

I never ended up buying Melanie Lynskey as Kathleen. They should have gotten someone like Kathy Bates in that part.

that was an intense episode. sad ending though. ellie is starting to become less naive. she needs to be taking some things more seriously

54 minutes ago, Oscar Isaac said:

I never ended up buying Melanie Lynskey as Kathleen. They should have gotten someone like Kathy Bates in that part.

This!

10 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

that was an intense episode. sad ending though. ellie is starting to become less naive. she needs to be taking some things more seriously

you mean she's still very naive? At the end, she still very much a child still

• ATRL Moderator

I cried at the end even though I knew it was coming :gaycat7: God, it's brutal out here.

Another great, scary and beautiful episode :heart2:🤧

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.