There are no POC video game characters. Surprised?

Revolution

Just now, youreyesgocold said:

The mainstream audience watched them travel to America and Paris and meet white people in the international tour. One major character (Mimi) is written off as having “moved to America”. Even in the theatrical movie they travel to Colorado and meet a white character named Willis  :deadbanana4: 

It was literally screaming at you if you actually followed the show, maybe you just didn’t have the attention span to notice. And as I said, if it’s the art style on first impression that’s ambiguous then it’s not the fault of the animators that people automatically assume everyone is white. You could say the same about literally any animé. The difference in this show is they explicitly mention it multiple times.

But anyways feel free to continue to disagree. That doesn’t change the script of the show :chick1:

Funny you think children will follow all of this technical detail nonsense you're trying to use as an argument. My point STILL stands. In spite of what the animators intended, wished, hoped, dreamed, and fought for or whatever, THE CHILDREN WATCHING THE SHOW WILL ASSUME THEY'RE WHITE, so to audiences, THEY ARE WHITE. :coffee2:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frogger17

• youreyesgocold

• bijonse

• Adam’s Eve

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

Funny you think children will follow all of this technical detail nonsense you're trying to use as an argument. My point STILL stands. In spite of what the animators intended, wished, hoped, dreamed, and fought for or whatever, THE CHILDREN WATCHING THE SHOW WILL ASSUME THEY'RE WHITE, so to audiences, THEY ARE WHITE. :coffee2:

I was 7 when that show aired and I figured all this out back then and still remember all these examples off the top of my head. But go off :cm:

Just now, youreyesgocold said:

I was 7 when that show aired and I figured all this out back then and still remember all these examples off the top of my head. But go off :cm:

Well, good for you. You were smarter than the average child, then. How far you've fallen since then. :zzz:

4 hours ago, Reginald said:

spacer.png32eb9409bf7221b07bbf0ede3ebb6c1a.jpg

08d4df2d906908f601eaa9cfb6995bcd.jpg

3 hours ago, Adam’s Eve said:

spacer.png

came here to post raubahn and sym :WAP:

2 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

THIS would have been a much better thread. To this day we have male breeders complaining when there’s even a hint that the PC in some new AAA title is lgbtq. “Why does it matter??? Stop shoving politics in my game!!” as if they haven’t spent hundreds of hours in other games being macho men and saving women, sexualizing them, having romantic storylines with them, and even degrading them as prostitutes etc. How is that not political???

Its similar to the movie industry and how people complain when even 1 lgbtq character shows up, but even worse because in games you feel like the PC is “you” so to speak. These rats who complain can’t fathom the thought of playing pretend in someone else’s mind for a few hours.

Yep! 

Fzgzg these same gamers have 700 hours on games like Call of Duty, Battlefield and Medal of Honor, where the 'plot' is that country X has invaded all of continent Y :deadbanana: and now you have to nuke it. They play these games thinking this is somehow not even close to politics :deadbanana:

Oh yeah. It's worse in gaming - in movies, usually there's a throwaway line about the character being gay (which can be conveniently cut out in conservative markets d). But in gaming the anger from these types is so much... Louder :toofunny2:

23 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

theyre not even asian either, or latin :toofunny2:

Queen Carmen Sandiego is Latina :biggrin:

200906_carmen-sandiego-big-screen.jpegS

She was based on Carmen Miranda, and was voiced by Rita Moreno in the first animated series :clap3: 

14 hours ago, jordanjm said:

05.SAINTS_ROW_Self_Made_Lineup_4K.jpg

Clearly the OP couldn't be this silly and think there were none. They must have a homework assignment and were too lazy to do their own research. 

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

White people are literally a minority in Tekken. Plus, most of them speak their native language. 

Yeap and didn't it used to have a black boxer guy? I forgot his name ashamedly i never played him,my fave was Lei :giraffe:

On 8/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, Revolution said:

As you can see, they are all white despite being brands of Japanese companies. 

I always did find weird that a lot of Japanese games are largely starred by white characters. Another example of this is the Resident Evil franchise. I guess they could be trying to reach a """broader audience""" back then but it's not like they ever moved away from that either.

On 8/22/2022 at 12:51 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Mario is a POC. He's Italian :biblio:

:ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.