Civics Rules

ATRL Feedback

13 hours ago, khalyan said:

You should obviously not be the sole factor for driving traffic to that thread, but my impression this entire time was that you would/wanted to consistently post in the casual thread just like you have done in the debate thread and now and the traffic would organically grow from there.  So now I'm just a little confused as to where to go from here.

I guess we won't know unless we try so you know what, ok. Sounds good. I'll start up again.

I guess my concern still is pages and pages of tweets (and I don't feel like changing that formatting to deliver the news) that in itself are coming up blank may be turning off the very people that would have gravitated there to avoid the debates in the Politics thread in the first place (with no text posts to break it up). 

It just feels like it won't be driving any conversation right now that I may not have the patience to wait until the fall for but I'll go for it. 

I'll figure out other ways to engage with that same information in the U.S. politics thread. 

I don't like the prospect of an implied Oppression Olympics here but can I hear the arguments for keeping Ukraine pinned and not Covid? Or was that through private requests from other members?

Because as the OP of the former to be frank I think they both need either to stay pinned or both need to not be pinned. 

I don't like the implication of a still active pandemic killing 450 people daily in the States that hasn't transitioned fully to a yearly shot model yet that can beat new strains effectively not being pinned while the war in Ukraine is. 

Monkeypox I get and there's a fair argument for it being unpinned unless it starts spreading rapidly in schools (even if it isn't it's going to constantly be bumped anyways). 

If the fear is that Ukraine will be dropped in the threads if it wasn't pinned from less interest I'll still be bumping it with various posts.