Civics Rules

ATRL Moderation Team

Posted (edited)

Was the Israel/Gaza mega thread not made for a reason?

90% of Civics is the same people @GraceRandolph @Communionmaking threads for any little tweet or update regarding Palestine. 

Meanwhile most people don't even have the ability to make threads for any other news topics. 

Edited by l3disko

1 hour ago, l3disko said:

90% of Civics is the same people @GraceRandolph @Communionmaking threads for any little tweet or update regarding Palestine. 

Meanwhile most people don't even have the ability to make threads for any other news topics. 

I imagine you can't make threads because you have only 27 posts and haven't appropriately read the guidelines on when threadmaking privileges are extended:

The mods already do also fold threads into one another if they find that there's not meaningful enough difference in subject (a megathread's usefulness is to help make related information and rapid updates easier to track, not so you can pretend something isn't happening and it be kept out of your view), but there's clearly wiggle room up to interpretation of the user and mod since It's often not an exact science when topics overlap and the line is vague. 

For example:

- Israel official threatens Biden: "Take our precise missiles? Imprecise can kill more" -> This isn't about I/P, this is about a foreign government official threatening the president of the US over proposed policy. 

- US House passes bill to force Dept of Ed to mandate criticism of Israel = antisemitsm -> this isn't about I/P, this a huge piece of legislation passing in the US. 

And those are just the 2 most recent threads. Feel free to send any Help Request you are entitled to but you can't outrun having to see news related to Israel. I would blame Israel for its antics consuming all of Western media. You're free to keep scrolling and not engage if.you don't find it newsworthy though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l3disko said:

A dupe account with 20 posts who created the account a few months ago bumping a 2 year old thread to complain about the amount of threads being created regarding a genocide. Can't make it up.

:clack:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.