Macron warns French people to prepare for a miserable winter

Chemist

It looks like this is going to be the worst winter of our lifetime. Let’s just hope that temperatures don’t drop too low otherwise :sadviolin:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Illuminati

• Gov Hooka

• Luckitty

• Protocol

He’s not turning the chauffage down at l’Elysée so he better be ready for some protests!

4 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

He’s not turning the chauffage down at l’Elysée so he better be ready for some protests!

a let them eat cake tea 

Given the increase in French energy was capped at 4% and 70% of their energy is from nuclear, they’re in a better position then most European countries so this is worrying for the continent but still doesn’t compare to what Ukraine will face. Governments need to invest in their countries and subsidise inflation as much as possible.

People living in villages who use wood to keep themselves warm kinda WON, let me move to my aunt's house this winter real quick

Why do Western Europeans need to keep suffering because of Ukraine? They did not choose to invade

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

People living in villages who use wood to keep themselves warm kinda WON, let me move to my aunt's house this winter real quick

The balkans kinda won hard with this one. My wood is well prepared for the winter.

jRrJgLk.thumb.gif.26d90c85fbf7874be36186

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Given the increase in French energy was capped at 4% and 70% of their energy is from nuclear, they’re in a better position then most European countries so this is worrying for the continent but still doesn’t compare to what Ukraine will face. Governments need to invest in their countries and subsidise inflation as much as possible.

Nuclear is literally the reason French is in a terrible situation right now with the highest electricity production prices in all of Europe. The government subsidizing energy just means that people will be more wasteful and still pay for it with taxes anyway. 

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Why do Western Europeans need to keep suffering because of Ukraine? They did not choose to invade

Cutting over-reliance on Russia is the most reasonable long term policy at the moment, have you missed out on how Russia has been terrorizing the entire Europe by cutting their gas off country by country just for funsies? :skull: That's not a reliable source to invest in.

The Western Europeans are suffering not because of Ukraine but because they chose to trust Russia to begin with. And it is now up to them if they want a one year solution or a permanent solution.

Edited by Illuminati

10 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Cutting over-reliance on Russia is the most reasonable long term policy at the moment, have you missed out on how Russia has been terrorizing the entire Europe by cutting their gas off country by country just for funsies? :skull: That's not a reliable source to invest in.

The Western Europeans are suffering not because of Ukraine but because they chose to trust Russia to begin with. And it is now up to them if they want a one year solution or a permanent solution.

Isn't it because they imposed sanctions on Russia? 

22 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Isn't it because they imposed sanctions on Russia? 

Those sanctions were reactionary, it wasn't like we woke up and decided to mess with Russia. It's about limiting economic reliance on a terrorist state. It was about realizing that our money was directly funding genocide.

I don't know why people lack integrity regarding this topic, Russia has just been threatening to starve half of the world and ATRLers just roll their eyes at Ukraine. Would you support a company or an artist who did something equally bad? Governments and activists demand companies to be more ethical with how they extract and dispose of their resources and issue fines if they choose not to comply.

These are poor examples because there's hardly even a reasonable equivalent to the scale of this. People really just seem to disconnect themselves from long term thinking in regards to politics, this is why far right populists always draw massive crowds.

Edited by Illuminati

Bear in mind that Macron despite his many flaws had maybe the most diplomatic approach to Russia issue by keeping talks with Putin almost constantly and that has amounted to nothing because he's not dealing with reasonable people here.

1 hour ago, Bencharmer said:

People voted for him.

Enjoy your choice. 

I mean this is going to happen everywhere across Europe not only particularly in France

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Those sanctions were reactionary, it wasn't like we woke up and decided to mess with Russia. It's about limiting economic reliance on a terrorist state. It was about realizing that our money was directly funding genocide.

I don't know why people lack integrity regarding this topic, Russia has just been threatening to starve half of the world and ATRLers just roll their eyes at Ukraine. Would you support a company or an artist who did something equally bad? Governments and activists demand companies to be more ethical with how they extract and dispose of their resources and issue fines if they choose not to comply.

These are poor examples because there's hardly even a reasonable equivalent to the scale of this. People really just seem to disconnect themselves from long term thinking in regards to politics, this is why far right populists always draw massive crowds.

Russia is a bully and Putin is crazy but what genocide is happening? Less than 10,000 civilians have died in the entire conflict.

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Russia is a bully and Putin is crazy but what genocide is happening? Less than 10,000 civilians have died in the entire conflict.

Estimates from a variety of sources, including the Russian government, indicate that Russian authorities have interrogated, detained, and forcibly deported between 900,000 and 1.6 million Ukrainian citizens, including 260,000 children, from their homes to Russia – often to isolated regions in the Far East. 

https://www.state.gov/russias-filtration-operations-forced-disappearances-and-mass-deportations-of-ukrainian-citizens/

Russia has been putting Ukrainians in occupied territories through "filtration camps" aka Russia's forced labor/torture concentration camps for hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. The only reason this number isn't higher is because of support from Western countries.

There has been an overwhelming amount of documented evidence of Russians killing male civilians on sight just in case they try to defend their homes, many stories of raped women and children and families forcibly relocated to ethnically cleanse occupied areas.

11 hours ago, Cersei Lannister said:

11 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

a let them eat cake tea 

:ahh:

15 hours ago, 808s said:

The balkans kinda won hard with this one. My wood is well prepared for the winter.

My first thought was that I am just gonna fly from Germany to my mom's house in a village in th balkans which is heated using wood from our own forests. 

God bless the Iberian peninsula, now if our leaders don't piss off Argelia too much would be ideal

8 hours ago, katara said:

My first thought was that I am just gonna fly from Germany to my mom's house in a village in th balkans which is heated using wood from our own forests. 

Wait you're balkan? Seems right, you always gave me strong balkan vibes

it's easy to blame your country's energy problems on a conflict that tugs at peoples' heartstrings.

it's way harder to actually explain the real causes of the energy issues to your citizens and then FIX the problems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.