How do you tell that he's "the one"? In what moment?

Before Today

Whether you believe that there's "the one" or not...

1. How can you tell that the person you're current with is the person you want to keep in your life for the longest time?

2. What feeling/sensation/qualities does it take for you to realize "okay, I'm content with this and I don't want anything else. This is it, it's more than enough".

3. Have you reached this level yet?

If you are so comfortably yourself with your partner that you discover new parts of you and you can trust him like no one else with an open heart and mind with unparalleled mutual love and understanding as your relationship continues to grow through flaws you both accept about each other, that is how you know you have found the one.

I thought I did but I have not.

when he says you should stream the album on my signature :-*

When you're eating his ass and his eyes roll back into the head as a pleasure reflex and then he suddenly cums without you touching him. 

When he does something big for you.

Edited by Jude

These replies :rip:

I honestly don’t know as anytime I thought I found “the one”, I really just found someone who validated a part of me that I was insecure about at the time :gaycat5:

It’s likely a very personal experience and only you’ll be able to intuitively pinpoint when you’ve found “the one” for YOU. And don’t fixate on whether they’re “the one”. It’s likely not some groundbreaking epiphany. If they treat you well, make you happy, you love them- you’re good. The idea of finding “the one” is all just conceptual and it’s not gonna be like it’s demonstrated in the movies.

Edited by CottageHore

5 hours ago, venuss said:

When you're eating his ass and his eyes roll back into the head as a pleasure reflex and then he suddenly cums without you touching him. 

waiT can this actually happen? :jonny5:

When you and your partner are genuinly happy to see each other often

there is no such thing as 'the one'. there are probably several guys in every city that are good match for you and would make you happy and content. don't fixate on unrealistic standards in the media, if the guy you are with makes you feel safe, comfortable with yourself, and happy - that's all that matters. 

we humans often fall prey to the 'grass is greener on the other side' mentality but it's important to value people in your life that are loyal and have your best interests at heart. that doesn't mean you should settle! but don't throw away something good for the sake of an unattainable fantasy from the movies. 

30 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

there is no such thing as 'the one'. there are probably several guys in every city that are good match for you and would make you happy and content. don't fixate on unrealistic standards in the media, if the guy you are with makes you feel safe, comfortable with yourself, and happy - that's all that matters. 

we humans often fall prey to the 'grass is greener on the other side' mentality but it's important to value people in your life that are loyal and have your best interests at heart. that doesn't mean you should settle! but don't throw away something good for the sake of an unattainable fantasy from the movies. 

This is good advice, so many gay guys are afraid to settle because there's a chance there's someone better waiting for them right around the corner.

Like others have said already, “the one” is not a thing. It’s all prt of this stupid Hollywood movie we’re told since we’re 5 minutes old. 

The reality is that long term relationships require a big effort on both sides. You have to keep choosing your partner every single day. And while most days it’s easy, other days it’s not (eg. after a fight). 

so just look for someone who makes you feel good, someone who doesn’t want to change who you are, someone who hypes you up, and most of all someone who can COMMUNICATE things. 

Edited by getBusy
Typo

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Amen :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Jynx672 said:

Care to tell us the story?

Oh, our relationship is deeply untraditional and probably not what you’re looking for. We met on tinder. I simply knew when I first saw him that he was special to me, and three years later, still true :emofish:

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

Oh, our relationship is deeply untraditional and probably not what you’re looking for. We met on tinder. I simply knew when I first saw him that he was special to me, and three years later, still true :emofish:

A huge percentage of gays meet "the one" on dating apps, which is not surprising as we don't have as many avenues to meet each other in real life as straight people do. Nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Jynx672 said:

A huge percentage of gays meet "the one" on dating apps, which is not surprising as we don't have as many avenues to meet each other in real life as straight people do. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you :heart2: I agree, and also agree that many gays are too intent on finding ‘the one’. He’s not perfect but neither am I, for sure. What is ‘the one’ about us is the way we are with each other, how we communicate. If you click, a lot, you need to cherish that. 

Signs a guy actually likes you/cares about you:  

-You can openly talk about boundaries, and your partner's reaction won't be to get mad/get defensive. They'll honor and respect your boundaries, and because you like your partner and want to love them/respect them, you will be as equally respectful towards them.  

-When you guys do fight or disagree, you and your partner will openly communicate about it, make sure you both don't offend/wrong each other again, and you will appreciate your partner even more after resolving conflicts. 

-Your partner will make time for you, even when work gets busy, they're on vacation, life gets busy/difficult. And you will be the thing that helps them through life's struggles (or will help them get through tough times). 

-They genuinely enjoy spending time with you. Especially good signs when they sleep over your place and stay the night/hang out with you the next day. You'll do stuff together like grocery shop, eat together, sleep together, shower together. 

-When you're venting/ranting, they give you the space to do so. And they will lend support and maybe even try to help/take initiative. 

I agree with others on here. There is no "the one." There are a handful of people that will probably be compatible/a good fit, but it's important, as others said, not to lose sight of a guy that IS there for you, DOES make time for you, and truly makes you happy. 

Edited by zasderfght

I dunno everytime I found "the One" they eventually fall outta love with me,  The One doesn't exist! if you find a person who likes you back! (which is rare) cherish it!

I dunno how my relationship has lasted almost 2 years.  i've just settled after 30 years and 10 unsuccessful relationships! i gave up finding the one.  

i love my partner, but I'm def more into him then his into me (but I won't show it, I'm quite cold hearted now because everytime I show my feelings, it's when they leave so just acting like idc for him) 

20 hours ago, Allday said:

I dunno everytime I found "the One" they eventually fall outta love with me,  The One doesn't exist! if you find a person who likes you back! (which is rare) cherish it!

I dunno how my relationship has lasted almost 2 years.  i've just settled after 30 years and 10 unsuccessful relationships! i gave up finding the one.  

i love my partner, but I'm def more into him then his into me (but I won't show it, I'm quite cold hearted now because everytime I show my feelings, it's when they leave so just acting like idc for him) 

im so sorry >.<

---

Theres a lot of good answers here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.