Christians slams HOLYFVCK

ronald

For some reason everything she does feels like a watered down lame version of a previous Miley Cyrus era :doc:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salwa

• ronald

• TaylorNation

• smoore95GAGA

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail satan :clap3:

On 8/21/2022 at 4:30 AM, ronald said:

Yet haters calling demi's album "generic", "radio disney rock" and saying people won't take her seriously :rip:

Mgk tweet wasn't necessary but oof the rest.. taste.

I've seen even non pop lovers love this album aswell :clap3:

Boo hoo, cry me a river. No one forced you to listen to it.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:06 PM, Protocol said:

Also I don't get the edgy takes in this thread. She is very blatantly using religious iconography for controversy and promo. No one would be surprised and I certainly don't think anyone would be going 'yasss sacrilegious queen' if someone did this with an Islamic, Jewish or Hindu symbol and then people from those faiths protested.

Like, you may not be a Christian but it doesn't take a genius to figure out such a blatant attempt to upset people using a cheap tactic like this to promote her usual MOR pop rock shlock will cause a reaction. Plus, this isn't a great artist pushing boundaries. This is cheap nasty and broke, career in shambles, she came on this ***** desperate as hell.

Context matters.

Demi is a former Christian, so she’s probably more educated on the Bible than most - she should be able to critique (or even mock) an institution  that very clearly brought her a lot of distress/hurt in her youth.

The West has a very unique/messy relationship with Christianity - it’s far more culturally accepted to critique and dissect Christianity as opposed to any other type of religion in this part of the globe… whether or not that’s fair is debatable but pop stars have been taking shots at Anglocentric depictions of God for decades and that’s not going to stop anytime soon.

Lemme go bop to Judas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.