• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Galah

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I will update the OP/Golden Links posts with all of the highlights from the finale in an hour or two, just going to stay hydrated and grab a bite to eat. :yum:

ย 

In the meantime feel free to comment in regards to any potential seasonal pop-up rounds in the ATRL Songwriter's Studio thread, or share some challenge ideas you'd like to see in a future season of Golden Hit!

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

You're also the first to obtain a Golden, Silver, and Bronze Hit Token in a single season! :eek:

Wait, not me only just realising this applies to @Hugย also... a winner in every regard! :eek:

28 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Wait, not me only just realising this applies to @Hugย also... a winner in every regard! :eek:

I actually lost bc Maid of Windemere scored higher than every song of mine from this season. Let's just act like I sent Maid of Windemere for R2 of this season that'd fix everything.

19 minutes ago, Hug said:

I actually lost bc Maid of Windemere scored higher than every song of mine from this season. Let's just act like I sent Maid of Windemere for R2 of this season that'd fix everything.

The way I could actually see Aria Thurney pulling this off... what do you think @8thPrince?

56 minutes ago, Aurora said:

The way I could actually see Aria Thurney pulling this off... what do you think @8thPrince?

Does 8th even know what a Maid of Windemere is

...and we're done! The Golden Links are completely up to date, @Hugย has been immortalised in this thread's title, and the golden dust has settled.

ย 

Make sure to keep an eye on the ATRL Songwriter's Thread for future updates regarding the potential Halloween special challenge and Season 3 news:

ย 

Once again, thank you all for such an incredible season. :heart:ย The future of writing on ATRL is definitely golden!

Oh wow congratulations @Hugย :bird: this feels right

Legend E top 4 :jonnycat:ย Euterpe top 3 (and #1 on the overall song chart!!) :jonny5:ย Hug taking it all :katie2::katie2:ย Well deserved, and StormFury in 2nd is amazing as well with how consistent they were. Family Tree #11 and my other (main) entries in pretty good spots as well :heart:ย and the Flowerbloom live rerelease didn't get last place! :sats:

ย 

Anyway I got too lazy and didn't feel like writing out multiple sentences yesterdayย :skull:ย So I'll just reply to R6 critiques as a whole: It's cool to hear that this was likely the first showtune ever written for the game :clap:ย Didn't cross my mind while I was writing it. Pretty sure this is the first one I've personally completed as well. Thanks for all the love throughout the season & appreciating the variety I bring to the table and all that.ย :kiss:ย As for whether I'll be returning next time... we'll seeย :gaycat1:ย But I must say I actually enjoyed doing "Bronze Hit" with breaks in between the rounds. Didn't think about it until now but maybe that's a big reason why I put out 3 solid entries instead of 2 solid ones, 1 decent one, 2 hit-or-misses and 1 complete miss. Who knows! Anyway this was another great season yup love you

2 hours ago, Remmy said:

Legend E top 4 :jonnycat:ย Euterpe top 3 (and #1 on the overall song chart!!) :jonny5:ย Hug taking it all :katie2::katie2:ย Well deserved, and StormFury in 2nd is amazing as well with how consistent they were. Family Tree #11 and my other (main) entries in pretty good spots as well :heart:ย and the Flowerbloom live rerelease didn't get last place! :sats:

ย 

Anyway I got too lazy and didn't feel like writing out multiple sentences yesterdayย :skull:ย So I'll just reply to R6 critiques as a whole: It's cool to hear that this was likely the first showtune ever written for the game :clap:ย Didn't cross my mind while I was writing it. Pretty sure this is the first one I've personally completed as well. Thanks for all the love throughout the season & appreciating the variety I bring to the table and all that.ย :kiss:ย As for whether I'll be returning next time... we'll seeย :gaycat1:ย But I must say I actually enjoyed doing "Bronze Hit" with breaks in between the rounds. Didn't think about it until now but maybe that's a big reason why I put out 3 solid entries instead of 2 solid ones, 1 decent one, 2 hit-or-misses and 1 complete miss. Who knows! Anyway this was another great season yup love you

:heart::heart:

Spoiler

It got a 10 from meโ€ฆ I lived! Definitely a lovely and fitting final song for the season. :hug:

ย 

congratulations everyoneeee

ย 

not me getting #10 :jonny:ย this was so much fun and i would love to join for another season

ย 

not me getting #10 :jonny:ย this was so much fun and i would love to join for another season

34 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

ย 

Season 3 Early 2023!! :duca:ย 
plus looks like weโ€™ll be doing a special round for Halloween later this month tooย :gaycat4:

ย 

You did so great, absolutely one of the most exciting new players to join this season,ย and youโ€™d have been even higher too if you hadnโ€™t have missed a round :clap3:ย loved getting to see your writing.ย 

23 hours ago, Aurora said:

ย 

Rank Writer Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Average
9 @XO_Life 7.25 5.463 7.708 8.438 6.5 7.938 7.216

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-XO_Life.png

I hope you enjoy this loyalty Rose Gold Hit Token of a broken heart for submitting during at least half of Golden Hit! :heart2:

ย 

23 hours ago, fountain said:

ย 

Season 2 Final Average Rankings

ย 

#9 @XO_Life

ย 

Congrats on placing ninth overall! Definitely one of the greatest stories of growth this season, itโ€™s been really great to see your writing grow throughout the season, and also your interpretations of the challenges. From Body Make-Up to Drink That Up and Old Oak Tree, to Only Ones Who Know and Dreamscape, and finally Evilist, itโ€™s been really fun getting to see all the different songs that you have created. It kinda goes without saying that your Round 4 moment with Only Ones Who Know, which only narrowly missed a place in the top 3, was certainly one of the biggest โ€œwow, the growth!โ€ moments of the season, which was wonderful to see. I really hope youโ€™ve enjoyed taking part this season and thank you for submitting every single round, it would be lovely to see you take part again and have more great moments like this.
ย 

ย 

Omg thank you :heart:

ย 

I love the token! :jonny:

23 hours ago, fountain said:

:heart::heart:

ย  Hide contents

It got a 10 from meโ€ฆ I lived! Definitely a lovely and fitting final song for the season. :hug:

ย 

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Our minds... they need to be studied honestly

4 hours ago, Remmy said:

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Our minds... they need to be studied honestly

So they can be replicated, yesย :gaycat4:

I used a bot to take some lyrics of mine and convert them to pictures. I had to give the bot some art direction and the lyric snippets had to be small but I still thought it was fun.

ย 

Lilith: "A fruit bearing wisdom",ย (Renaissance painting art style)

ย 

5d8da7fb3b215de13c7f2a2882b89469.jpg

ย 

(a friend of mine saw my prompt and decided to do "brain fruit" which resulted in this image)

ย 

7b823c94dfe78ffeae692a25efe6ac9e.jpg

ย 

Checkmate: "Figures dance upon a checkered floor they waltz and sway to set the score", (Noir art style)

ย 

6dd2fd5cceb7b22ba5faec9d9c33f0f9.jpg

ย 

Welcome to the Club: "A sigh now slowly dances in the breeze that faintly blows", (Watercolor art style)

ย 

580159c7414ae7495d2a7665e355eeb4.jpg

ย 

[C:\DIGITAL-DYSTOPIA] (feat. Alluring Name): "You crafted a Tower of Babel out of code", (90s anime art style)

ย 

261c060f1d851f3fdd368c9cc6a7c247.jpg

ย 

The You I Remember: "We were swimming at a place we used to know the water the rocks and the trees were as I left them", (sketchbook art style)

ย 

5560ba3d4ae045153c211cad3c2ccdf4.jpg

ย 

I redid this prompt with "We were swimming at a place we used to know", (pencil sketch art style)

ย 

d3e2e36afca6dc48c41e5bc58a3c9086.jpg

ย 

Deep in the Expanse: "I see lines and shapes appearing deep in the expanse each and every one being crafted by my hands", (minimalist art style)

ย 

5590c1b4e77139ba723fdc062deff3c5.jpg

ย 

and as a last bonus

ย 

Ride into the Night: "The sunset's painting our skin gold the saltwater breeze lingers on our clothes", (pop art style)

ย 

a82766a44bb2b6b8337db39892aa3802.jpg

ย 

some turned out better than others ofc but I thought this would be a fun way to have a visual representation of my time in GH2.

ย 

I used Midjourney AI for these if any of you want to do something similar and share by the way <3

1 hour ago, Hug said:

I used a bot to take some lyrics of mine and convert them to pictures. I had to give the bot some art direction and the lyric snippets had to be small but I still thought it was fun.

ย 

ย 

ย 

(a friend of mine saw my prompt and decided to do "brain fruit" which resulted in this image)

ย 

ย 

Checkmate: "Figures dance upon a checkered floor they waltz and sway to set the score", (Noir art style)

ย 

ย 

Welcome to the Club: "A sigh now slowly dances in the breeze that faintly blows", (Watercolor art style)

ย 

ย 

[C:\DIGITAL-DYSTOPIA] (feat. Alluring Name): "You crafted a Tower of Babel out of code", (90s anime art style)

ย 

ย 

The You I Remember: "We were swimming at a place we used to know the water the rocks and the trees were as I left them", (sketchbook art style)

ย 

ย 

I redid this prompt with "We were swimming at a place we used to know", (pencil sketch art style)

ย 

ย 

Deep in the Expanse: "I see lines and shapes appearing deep in the expanse each and every one being crafted by my hands", (minimalist art style)

ย 

ย 

and as a last bonus

ย 

Ride into the Night: "The sunset's painting our skin gold the saltwater breeze lingers on our clothes", (pop art style)

ย 

ย 

some turned out better than others ofc but I thought this would be a fun way to have a visual representation of my time in GH2.

ย 

I used Midjourney AI for these if any of you want to do something similar and share by the way <3

Omg this is so beautiful to see and the artworks are genuinely stunning :jonny5:ย Midjourney did THAT wow

2 hours ago, Hug said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

and as a last bonus

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

WAIT this is an enormous slay :jonny:ย This is such a good idea for me bc I'm not at all a graphic artist but want to have visuals to go along with my songs. Gonna do this for some of mine real quickย 

15 minutes ago, Jackson said:

WAIT this is an enormous slay :jonny:ย This is such a good idea for me bc I'm not at all a graphic artist but want to have visuals to go along with my songs. Gonna do this for some of mine real quickย 

The way I immediately wanted to try it myself too (but Iโ€™m kinda confused how to)ย :laugh:

7 minutes ago, fountain said:

The way I immediately wanted to try it myself too (but Iโ€™m kinda confused how to)ย :laugh:

i've never used discord so it took me a minute :skull:ย but you just have to go into a room and type /imagine and then a prompt

ย 

i decided to do one from each season i've played, i'll share just because it's so much fun :foxaylove3:ย thanks so much for the idea @Hugย :hug:ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.