The Mole | Out Now on Netflix

Psycho

On 10/22/2022 at 6:30 PM, Daylight said:

Yeah I kinda was confused as to what benefit being the mole brings if they can't win the cash prize. Like I would have preferred if the last quiz was only the one question "who is the mole?", with the mole voting for themselves and automatically winning if none of the other two players guesses by the end that it was them all along. If one or both actual remaining players guess then there could be a standoff by jury vote Survivor-style where all other players vote on who isn't the mole and should win the cash for contributing the most
Anyway, I enjoyed the season even if as everyone says the last two episodes were a bit underwhelming but still I hope there'll be more seasons and to see more of Avori and Joi in other Netflix shows because they were so enjoyable the entire time

Yeah i think it would make sense if the Mole can win the money they sabotaged. And if they sabotaged more money than the cast won and not get caught (not being picked by both finalists) for example, they gonna win the whole thing.

It will make things more difficult i.e the Mole would have to be both more aggressive and careful in their sabotage and the players would not want to intentionally sabotage the mission (like Avori did)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harmonizer

• Dula Peep

• feelslikeadream

• Miles.

Tbh all of Kesi’s sabotage aside, the thing that made her so sus the whole series was her terrible acting in her confessionals. Every single time she spoke it was like she was reading and over emphasizing the diction in every word she spoke. 

I have absolutely no idea how Queen Joi didn’t rock her **** when she pushed that block of ice clean off the sled. I mean what the hell even was that?

Edited by FLAallday

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, FLAallday said:

Tbh all of Kesi’s sabotage aside, the thing that made her so sus the whole series was her terrible acting in her confessionals. Every single time she spoke it was like she was reading and over emphasizing the diction in every word she spoke. 

I have absolutely no idea how Queen Joi didn’t rock her **** when she pushed that block of ice clean off the sled. I mean what the hell even was that?

Joi didn't even notice the first time too :deadbanana2:

During the first half I thought the mole was Joi. 
I knew it was Kesi during the episode that Greg left. He knew it was her but lost because he believed Joi when she accused the fire fighter guy of being the mole. 
I was surprised by how good this show was. I watched the original mole when I was 10, it was surprising how well this format aged. I really thought Netflix was going to mess it up 

I was super into Week one but then found myself skimming through to the finale by Week two. I don't know what happened... as the characters were going I was losing interest.

I think the re-branding of the concept, missions and format is amazing and other reality tv shows should take note.

Why did this not make the episode?? Start at 4:44

You guys have some great ideas. The mole being able to keep the money that they sabotaged if they're not guessed as the mole would encourage some great gameplay. 

4 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

Why did this not make the episode?? Start at 4:44

I was so disappointed when they left this out bc this was always my favorite part of the finale in previous seasons

Overall this was pretty good but the finale sucked. I wanted to see the hidden clues and the results of each quiz etc. 

Spoiler

Kesi was a great mole tbh I had no idea it was her until the last few eps.
Sad that icon Joi lost… can’t believe she picked Will to be the Mole aka the only person who contributed to the pot every mission :ace: …she really had no idea what she was doing this whole season lol :dies:

This was a great season!  Great cast, perfect amount of drama, satisfying ending.  Really, really enjoyed it.

Just a few kinks to work out for next season: they need to make the vote-offs more dramatic - the texting just doesn't work, it's so boring.  And the final mole reveal needs to be a MOMENT.  That was pretty underwhelming in the finale.

Overall though, a great reboot!  Really hope it gets renewed.

• ATRL Moderator
On 10/23/2022 at 10:11 PM, FLAallday said:

THIS!!!! Her acting in confessionals was 100% what made me think it was her in the final few eps :toofunny3:

Taking the ice off made sense though. She explained at the end that it was a double-bluff, and apparently it worked for Joi! My friend I watched with also thought Kesi wasn't the Mole after she took the ice off. He was like, "It's *too* obvious." :toofunny2:

Great show!!!! Binged it in 2 days. This was my favourite show when I was a kid (along with Survivor and The Amazing Race). Fantastic cast and challenges. Highly enjoyed it!

Really liked this but yeah I clocked Kesi as the mole by like episode 2-3. Her acting in the confessionals was TERRIBLE, I don't she won any money for the pot and out of everyone they showed her being suspicious of who the mole is the least. She only started dropping Joi's name towards the end and her reasoning was ****. 

• 1 month later...

have u mole girls been watching the traitors on BBC UK?

would highly recommend because the entertainment value is STOMPING this lil mole. for me, it’s everything that the mole should have been. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I thought this thread was bumped for a Season 2 announcement :weeps:

Netflix really dropped the ball on promoting this

Apparently I can't quote anymore on this broken site, but @Yawn YES I've been watching The Traitors, it is magnificent, there's a thread here.  I loved the Australian version but the UK version is even better.  I really liked The Mole (fingers crossed for S2!) but The Traitors is literally prestige reality TV.  The production value is Love Island levels.  The Brits just know how to DO it!

1000% yes to The Traitors! The Australian version is probably my favorite reality tv season of the last like 2 years truly something special

The UK version delivering as well so far too, I second the notion that anyone that likes the Mole will LOVE these. As a mole fan the fact that they tell us the traitors and we are viewing with a birds eye view of the traitors as opposed to playing along with the contestants to find the mole was a really interesting change that is executed PERFECTLY. I'm obsessed and PRAYING they make Rachel a traitor on the upcoming American version.

Yes I started watching The Traitors and it seems fun, will definitely be seated for the American version. Just wish the British version was easier to stream in America

• 1 month later...

I didn't think this would happen :duca:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

Yay!  I am so happy!

Literally the only good thing Netflops has done in months!

• ATRL Moderator
On 12/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, Yawn said:

have u mole girls been watching the traitors on BBC UK?

would highly recommend because the entertainment value is STOMPING this lil mole. for me, it’s everything that the mole should have been. 

I watched the US version and loved it :WAP: The finale was truly something. One of the best reality TV finales ever tbh! I have the Australia season bookmarked and plan to start that soon, then I'll do the UK version after that.

11 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

:party::party::party::party::party: I was getting worried since we didn't get news for so long!

9 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I watched the US version and loved it :WAP: The finale was truly something. One of the best reality TV finales ever tbh! I have the Australia season bookmarked and plan to start that soon, then I'll do the UK version after that.

I wish I had patience because they were bother released on Peacock yesterday (I believe?) and it would have been nice watching them in HQ :weeps:

• 1 year later...

Season 2 has been SOOOOOOO GOOD. I binged the first 5 episodes in one sitting. I hope viewership goes up this season :weeps:

• Thanks 1

Why the hell is nobody talking about it? I had no idea a new season was out or let alone announced???

Netflix is doing a terrible job at promoting this excellent show :emofish:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.