New York City voted for a top cop as its new mayor - most now regret Eric Adams' win

Communion

Though his approvals first fell below 30% around June, the trend has continued throughout July and August, as seen in district-specific polling:

Nearly 50% of likely Democratic primary voters in a Manhattan congressional district disapprove of Mayor Eric Adams’ performance, while just over 25% say he’s doing a good job, according to a new poll released Friday by PIX11/Emerson College Polling/The Hill.

https://pix11.com/news/politics/new-york-elections/pix11-poll-half-of-democratic-voters-disapprove-of-mayor-adams/?ipid=promo-link-block3

Edited by Communion

There's about nine different scandals with his cabinet members the NYC-specific press has done great work on I could get links to that aren't even in the OP but I don't have the energy and his tenure's still relatively young. 

His best friend is literally a cross pimp and pastor that preaches the morally bankrupt prosperity gospel who screenwriters for a reality show would reject as too implausible yet he still associates with him under the guise of prison reform? He's already making DeBlasio look like a saint which I didn't think was remotely possible. 

He's terrible.

15 minutes ago, Haus said:

Oh, Maya Wiley… :heart2:

She was my vote. I didn’t even rank Adams.

Edited by Tusk

They got what they voted for :cm:

If the Democratic Party decides he's the future of the party, that's less about how his constituents feel about him and more about their willingness and eagerness to elevate him. He will have glowing media endorsements and access to vast amounts of PAC money if he ever decides to run for president after Kamala Harris inevitably faceplants. It will be "We need a tough-on-crime strongman willing to have Sista Soulja moments and tell the Left to **** off" in order to shed the stink of Defund The Police. And honestly, Democratic primary voters don't care about candidates' deplorable records. They voted for Crime Bill Biden, after all. :cm: 

Kinda unrelated but he’s so ugly. Like I can’t stand his face. 

Literally any other candidate running would have been better than this trash

hmm, looks like nyc almost got their first female mayor, losing by less than 1%. 

well, they get what they get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.