ATRL'S NEXT TOP MODEL| S5 | WINNER: Karlie Kloss

dweebz

7 minutes ago, dweebz said:

To the ugly ***** who said it wouldn’t last. We went on a date, he got me flowers and showered me in compliments. I’m CUFFED UP

Hope that breath of fresh air gave you enough confidence and motivation to write your critiques hunny x love comes with inspiration and productivity sometimes… or maybe comes with the worst fallout ever… you better show it’s the first and not the latter 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• dweebz

• Kylizzle

• Feather

DUCKIE'S THOUGHTS

Kiko Mizuhara l @Julia Fox

At the core this photo definitely works as a movie poster for a psychological thriller. Generally speaking, close up pics like this do run the risk of just looking like normal magazine photo shoots rather than cinema posters, but I think that the staging and Kiko's expression here work well for a certain genre of film. The red carpet look is strong. 

Liu Wen l @Jai

The movie poster is definitely captivating, and obviously up there with the top of the pack. The contrast between the mechanical metallic element and the barren background is nice. Liu's posing and facial expressions here are also very interesting. With that said, the red carpet look here is closer to the bottom of the pack. 

Karlie Kloss l @Thanatos

You weren't one of the individuals who caught my eye at the start of the season, but you've really been knocking these challenges out of the park (imo). You get the full idea of what this movie is about just from the poster alone, and the red carpet look is stunning. 

Ebonee Davis l @Not Like The Movies

This is a very nice photo. but it doesn't necessarily read "movie poster" in the way that some of the other ones do, but there's something really interesting about the usage of light here. The red carpet look is also nice. 

Daria Werbowy l @Feather

The movie poster photo is obviously strong, and I think you got the film genre right, but Top Gun isn't necessarily the reference I would have gone with here. Red carpet look is solid. 

Allison Harvard l @Kylizzle

The shot is definitely very A24, so very good job there. The red carpet look is the worst of the bunch though. 

14 minutes ago, dweebz said:

To the ugly ***** who said it wouldn’t last. We went on a date, he got me flowers and showered me in compliments. I’m CUFFED UP

congratulations

32 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

DUCKIE'S THOUGHTS

At the core this photo definitely works as a movie poster for a psychological thriller. Generally speaking, close up pics like this do run the risk of just looking like normal magazine photo shoots rather than cinema posters, but I think that the staging and Kiko's expression here work well for a certain genre of film. The red carpet look is strong. 

Liu Wen l @Jai

The movie poster is definitely captivating, and obviously up there with the top of the pack. The contrast between the mechanical metallic element and the barren background is nice. Liu's posing and facial expressions here are also very interesting. With that said, the red carpet look here is closer to the bottom of the pack. 

Karlie Kloss l @Thanatos

You weren't one of the individuals who caught my eye at the start of the season, but you've really been knocking these challenges out of the park (imo). You get the full idea of what this movie is about just from the poster alone, and the red carpet look is stunning. 

This is a very nice photo. but it doesn't necessarily read "movie poster" in the way that some of the other ones do, but there's something really interesting about the usage of light here. The red carpet look is also nice. 

Daria Werbowy l @Feather

The movie poster photo is obviously strong, and I think you got the film genre right, but Top Gun isn't necessarily the reference I would have gone with here. Red carpet look is solid. 

The shot is definitely very A24, so very good job there. The red carpet look is the worst of the bunch though. 

I chose Top Gun: Daria because I wanted my tag line to go with the film but thanks!

Kiko: I really love your first photo. I’d say the editing really enhances it. For the second photo I wish the shoulders matched the hips, but it is cute as well and truthfully I think I’d want to see this movie.

Daria: I think this is cool. I wish it was more in-action, but it’s still a good shot. I do think this overall is a little too simple. I think the photographers might skip over you for someone more impactful.

Allison: This first photo is ******* incredible! Great ******* work with that one. The red carpet look is a little.. underwhelming especially coming after that photo, but I think the cherubs are really cute and to be fair I could see you having it be a nice juxtaposition as a collection.

Ebonee: I’m not super thrilled about either photos. There are just small things I’d change like the black panties? I find them to be a bit distracting for the grand scheme of the photo, but she looks good and the face card never declines. 

Karlie: This is giving me Halle Berry in Gothika vibes. So like I’m assuming this would probably be a bad movie. Still I think these are great photos although they’re both a little too clean, but I’m just nitpicking at that point. 

Liu: Incredible first photo. It’s giving me otherworldly with a deep message.. Nope vibes. The red carpet look is a little underwhelming for me, but I get it for who she is and the representation of it all.

Liu Wen l @Jai

Karlie Kloss l @Thanatos

Daria Werbowy l @Feather

@dweebz @sumthintoxic82 @D e v o n @Littlejfrey @Insanity @Rotunda

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Still holding strong at 90 % on RT :flame:

yPUzU56.png

Iconic 

ctkQYA7.png

0N2tCyN.gif

Kiko Mizuhara @Julia Fox

There's something dated about this. It's giving me Ghost vibes and I can appreciate it. I can sort of put this in a space in time which I don't think you did on purpose. As for your look. The way how I imagined this is "If this movie was the frontrunner for the Oscars, and I was the lead actress in it, what would I wear?" And this certainly isnt it. That is my issue with it. Its giving supporting actress and that certainly was not the assignment.

Daria Werbowy @Feather

I've certainly never watched Bottom Pun and I never plan to. On the other hand, this Daria spin off does seem quite interesting. I love the immediate reaction I get from it. The urgency makes me what to know what type of movie this is. Is it a James Bond type movie or a Charlie's Angel cheeky film. The dress is giving Good Bye Maverick, and Good Bye Daria.

Allison Harvard @Kylizzle

The film poster is stunning. Easily something Hulu would pick up. But that's the thing... its Hulu. The name is also really cheesy to me. Though the poster looks amazing, the packaging is just not there. From the tagline to the name and even the outfit (which I don't hate), its just not elevated enough for me. Again, I don't hate the outfit, its just that its serving ensemble character.

Ebonee Davis @Not Like The Movies

What most people will be surprised about is that I absolutely love an African reference. This is high art! The name is stunning, the tagline, lets workshop that. Now what I don't like are the men in jeans. Everything else is taking me into a certain period of time and the jeans are so jarring when put next to everything else. This Vivian Westwood look is giving lead actress vibes. I wish it were in black or maybe red since you're on a black carpet, but those are little things. 

Karlie Kloss @Thanatos

There's something Ex-Machina, Matrix-y about this photo that is very captivating. The positive and negative attachments being on your arms adds another element of thriller, mystery, and maybe horror. Out of all the submissions, yours was the clearest genre wise. What does take me out is what you're wearing. Its completely removes me from the fantasy. Though the dress is stunning, I can't even see this being worn by a lead actress on a red carpet. Maybe after party.

Liu Wen @Jai

Woah. From the poster, to the title, and the tagline, everything was done with thought! And I can clearly see that. Now let's go to your outfit. It's giving "This is my first movie and im the lead actress, and its the biggest block buster of the season so I don't know how to dress." Ugh, what a missed opportunity.

Liu Wen l @Jai

Karlie Kloss l @Thanatos

Daria Werbowy l @Feather

@dweebz @sumthintoxic82 @D e v o n @Littlejfrey @Insanity @Rotunda

nSSXemR.png

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

Ty @dweebz, I can’t agree with your review… if feels forcedly mean but I get it 

oh... let me lower your score

58F368A8-58C2-4504-84F5-BC1411955045.thu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.